There are 189 users in the forums

Realistic what could....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by titan:
It's just fun talk like everyone is doing. It's something that you guys do every time we lose a game. When you cry about Why didn't we get this Coach. Sing Sucks.All of the sudden it shoulda ,woulda!!!! all of the sudden you guys are satisfied with it.

i am not satisfied with the team at this point. i'm just looking forward to the future. Like if alex smith doesn't turn it around who are we gonna draft or get in free agency NEXT year. and if sing doesn't do something are we gonna get gruden?
  • titan
  • Veteran
I feel the same way it's just difficult talking about our wins.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
It's just fun talk like everyone is doing. It's something that you guys do every time we lose a game. When you cry about Why didn't we get this Coach. Sing Sucks.All of the sudden it shoulda ,woulda!!!! all of the sudden you guys are satisfied with it.

“People who live in the past generally are afraid to compete in the present. I've got my faults, but living in the past is not one of them. There's no future in it.” -Sparky Anderson
deshaun jackson in the draft, then michael oher....instead of crabtree and davis....upgrades....but then again, crabtree could be better and davis probably not
The one thing I really would've liked to see us do was make the trade for Moss. I mean yeah, he might not want to play here at the moment, but as soon as we start winning vs a soft schedule from here on out and throwing his balls he'd be cool. Not to mention we're sticking with a mediocre QB who struggles to throw WRs open, and we wind up having a chance at a tall AND fast WR who has good hands. Yeah Smith isn't good, but that type of WR would be a huge help to him, or heck even Carr if Smith gets benched. That might mean 1-2 more wins right now already. It's not like whoever we pick with the 3rd will be as good as Moss anyway. Look at our last couple 3rd round picks after Gore, the only one who looks like he has any promise is Bowman. Coffee, Brandon Williams, Reggie Smith, only 1 of those guys is even close to having any sort of impact and a rookie in TMays just passed him up on the depth chart while the other 2 are off the team!
By signing McNaab the organization would've sent a message that it wants to win.....Now. Instead we go into the season with the Yorks desperately trying to vindicate their multi million dollar investment in Alex Smith. Coach Sing will make millions on the motivational speaking tour. He can be introduced as HOF linebacker and former NFL head coach. Looks good on the resume.
our team look like right now if we had good ownership and GM making decisions the last 4 years with Free Agency and Trades? Not counting the drafts because no one really know how they would turn out.

I would be very happy if we acted on
QB- Brees,McNaab
WR- Bring TO home,houshmanzadah,Jackson,Moss,Boldin
CB- Cromartie...I just always liked him cause of his speed
KR/PR Leon Washington was a bargain

I think 1 player from each position could've really made a difference for us.

..................NO.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

“People who live in the past generally are afraid to compete in the present. I've got my faults, but living in the past is not one of them. There's no future in it.” -Sparky Anderson

"Past memories are either good or bad, but it's a good motivational tool to improve or replicate the future. Accepting how we are is disrespectful and is sign of a quitter and a loser."-Titan
our team look like right now if we had good ownership and GM making decisions the last 4 years with Free Agency and Trades? Not counting the drafts because no one really know how they would turn out.

QB- Brees,McNaab

You're arguing that because the team didn't trade for or sign every player that the other 31 teams did, the team is worse off?

In what world does this type of reasoning seem sane?
Originally posted by tondiman:

QB- Brees,McNaab

..................NO.

None of those players were really viable for this team.

McNabb - wasn't gonna happen, this was the last year to see if the millions they paid Smith could actually pay dividends.

WR's- Boldin could of been good, but he wants to go to a proven team with a proven QB.

Moss - this is the only one we had a realistic shot at, I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him, he is a PROVEN deep threat and would give us a realistic shot at operating a spread offense. Moss, Crabs, Morgan, VD, Walker, Westbrook and Ginn would give us some good WR packages to play with.

Cromartie - He doesn't play sound defensive football and relies on his athleticism to make plays... we had that before in Bly. And Manusky wants to emphasize scheme over individual play.

Leon Washington - We didn't need him for the price they were asking... and with the hawks picking up Lynch, it doesn't seem like he can do much else post-injury.

The only one that was viable for us was Moss, but he needs strong veterans around him to play well, and we don't exactly have that on offense.

Brees was to small for Scot "Dinosaur" McClueless...
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrathman:

QB- Brees,McNaab

You're arguing that because the team didn't trade for or sign every player that the other 31 teams did, the team is worse off?

In what world does this type of reasoning seem sane?

How about attempting to get some players thru trade or if it's from free agency to actually get a player that can play. I was just simply stating some player that were released or traded at one point for almost nothing we didn't even attempt because our GM,Head coach and scouts are incompetent. I didn't claim that we could've got every single one, I was angry because they seem satisfied or convinced that we have good players. It also said acted on some players! I never said why didn't we get all the good free agent players or trade for all!
let me recommend some reading material for you....

LOL...I just read that book. Just when McNabb was signed to the Redskins and read it again when Moss went back to the Vikings.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by digital9er:

LOL...I just read that book. Just when McNabb was signed to the Redskins and read it again when Moss went back to the Vikings.

Any good?
Originally posted by digital9er:

Any good?

Good for TP time
Share 49ersWebzone