There are 188 users in the forums

Realistic what could....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
our team look like right now if we had good ownership and GM making decisions the last 4 years with Free Agency and Trades? Not counting the drafts because no one really know how they would turn out.

I would be very happy if we acted on
QB- Brees,McNaab
WR- Bring TO home,houshmanzadah,Jackson,Moss,Boldin
CB- Cromartie...I just always liked him cause of his speed
KR/PR Leon Washington was a bargain

I think 1 player from each position could've really made a difference for us.
Could have done alot of things for sure
  • titan
  • Veteran
Just the las few days with Moss and Lynch that seem like bargains?
for many years the philosophy has been build the team through the draft.

Like it or not, spending money on a free agent from each of those categories year in and year out is not realistic.
you say it like everyone knew these guys were gonna do as good as they did. NO ONE knew that they were gonna do that good. and no team can afford to spend the big bucks for all of um.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Like it or not, spending money on a free agent from each of those categories year in and year out is not realistic.

No, but having knowledgeable GM and knowing what you have with players like Brees and Wahington,I would think it would eventually be cheaper and profitable than signing 1st rounder like Smith and a horrible signing like Clemens. I also understand the concept build through the draft, but with free agency we still could've taken advantage of it.
Originally posted by titan:
our team look like right now if we had good ownership and GM making decisions the last 4 years with Free Agency and Trades? Not counting the drafts because no one really know how they would turn out.

QB- Brees,McNaab

what done is done. no sense depressing yourself with what could have or should have been...
Originally posted by BleedRandG:

QB- Brees,McNaab

what done is done. no sense depressing yourself with what could have or should have been...

this.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

No, but having knowledgeable GM and knowing what you have with players like Brees and Wahington,I would think it would eventually be cheaper and profitable than signing 1st rounder like Smith and a horrible signing like Clemens. I also understand the concept build through the draft, but with free agency we still could've taken advantage of it.

And everyone wants to bring in parcels and who does he have at qb? Henne? I'll take smith thanks.

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
you say it like everyone knew these guys were gonna do as good as they did. NO ONE knew that they were gonna do that good. and no team can afford to spend the big bucks for all of um.

Football fans that watched every Sunday did! I know your a Noob on the Forum, but I didn't know you were a noob in football. If you don't know Brees was bad azz for SD,McNaab carried the Eagles for 11 years,Washington was a very good 3rd down RB and a very explosive PR/KR and someone we needed because we have been experimenting with it for 2 years and so on you are behind.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
let me recommend some reading material for you....

should've, could've, would've...that's the raider nation mentality.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

Football fans that watched every Sunday did! I know your a Noob on the Forum, but I didn't know you were a noob in football. If you don't know Brees was bad azz for SD,McNaab carried the Eagles for 11 years,Washington was a very good 3rd down RB and a very explosive PR/KR and someone we needed because we have been experimenting with it for 2 years and so on you are behind.

I am not a noob to the forum or football. and i i'm not saying i didn't know these guys were that good. but some of them for example jackson. if every one knew he was gonna do so good he wouldn't have ever gone where he did in the draft. and we knew about brees and mcnabb but the team wanted to build through the draft
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's just fun talk like everyone is doing. It's something that you guys do every time we lose a game. When you cry about Why didn't we get this Coach. Sing Sucks.All of the sudden it shoulda ,woulda!!!! all of the sudden you guys are satisfied with it.
Share 49ersWebzone