There are 211 users in the forums

Josh Morgan: "Nothing is Alex's fault."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
What do you expect him to say? If someone asks him about Smith he's not going to say, "yea the dude sucks, he overthrew me for a sure TD."

Crabs would've.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
what else is Morgan going to say? When Smith throws me the ball I don't go up and get it because I suck and shouldn't be on the field anyway.

Something other than defending Smith to the death.

He doesn't need to worry about defending Smith, he needs to defend his own performance on the field.

True, Morgan has not been productive at all, drops a lot of passes, and displays questionable effort at times. But hey, he can block. I guess there aren't any other WR's out there that have the same ability.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It's unfair.

That's my quarterback.....

I had to do it!
[ Edited by fropwns on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM ]
Originally posted by fropwns:
It's unfair. That's my quarterback....

I had to do it!

Owens obviously watched Jerry Maguire the night before. Sub Cuba and it's flawless.
[ Edited by MONTANA9ERFAN on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
what do you think he's going to say? If he says otherwise, Singletary will whoop his ass, and so will the Public Relations staff. He's walking the party line. Wait until Smith is gone, and then ask the players what they thought. Even then, you probably won't get honest answers. Only players like TO have the balls to say that kind of stuff, and other players are smart enough to stay out of that kind of trouble.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
What do you expect him to say? If someone asks him about Smith he's not going to say, "yea the dude sucks, he overthrew me for a sure TD."

We'll see if Capt. Checkdown can make some plays down the field this week. I actually think he *might*.

Capt. Checkdown completes more Passes than you could ever complete in your life.

I don't remember people having a problem when Joe and Steve threw slants.

But Alex does it and he gets anointed with "Capt. Checkdown"

You guys would complain if you were hung with a new rope.

~Ceadder

It was a different era of football though, and a different era of the WCO.

Check-downs stopped winning games since Dungy further innovated the Tamp-2, as well as other defensive minds like Belichick which learned to fortify zone defenses to shut running/small passing schemes down, forcing QBs to open it up to win games. (This is why Holmgren/Shanahan tweaked the WCO within the early 90s. A pure 79'-93' WCO would not work in the NFL these days)

-And in modern-era football, this is where the good QBs adjust/excel, and the s**tty ones throw picks through locked-up nickel-containment passing zones.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
It's called being a good teammate...something Crabs needs to learn. I have a bad feeling about that guy

cosigned. I have a bad feeling that Crabs is half assing it sometimes and has no problems throwing teammates under the bus when he doesn't work as hard as he can.
what else is Morgan going to say? When Smith throws me the ball I don't go up and get it because I suck and shouldn't be on the field anyway.

Something other than defending Smith to the death.

He doesn't need to worry about defending Smith, he needs to defend his own performance on the field.

True, Morgan has not been productive at all, drops a lot of passes, and displays questionable effort at times. But hey, he can block. I guess there aren't any other WR's out there that have the same ability.

It's great having a WR that can block, but WR's get paid to catch the damn ball and make every effort to try and catch every pass.
Originally posted by excelsior:
I'll tell you what Morgan would say if he felt Alex was part of the problem. He would say"We all are messing up out there, " or "We all need to do better." If he blamed Smith, then the last thing he would do is make a point of saying that Smith is not the problem.

And it doesn't surprise me, because that is what some of us, including some of the sports writers, have been seeing.

I do put some stock in Steve Young's interview that the offense is stymied by an unaggressive offensive philosophy. He said defensive minds work differently than offensive minds. Sing needs to get out of the way and let the offensive people rip.

Completely agree! If the offense can spread it out & let it rip i am sure you would see the team as a whole play better & with a winning attitude.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Those two int's and that intentional grounding totally weren't his fault Sunday.

Obviously everything isn't his fault, but saying nothing is his fault is flat out moronic.

Originally posted by fropwns:
It's unfair.

That's my quarterback.....

I had to do it!

T.O. is my favorite player....but where is that Kitten version of "That's my QB" pic

so cute it was.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Those two int's and that intentional grounding totally weren't his fault Sunday.

Obviously everything isn't his fault, but saying nothing is his fault is flat out moronic.

The 2 picks were f**king stupid and made me want him sent to the bench but the IT Grounding was a bad call, Gore was like 4 yards away and taking a sack would've been just as bad. I don't put that one on him. We got screwed by the refs right there.
this guy has had JT OSullivan Shaun Hill and Alex Smith as his QBs during his career.. once he plays with a good QB he'll realize he got the raw end his first couple years in the league.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

We'll see if Capt. Checkdown can make some plays down the field this week. I actually think he *might*.

I expect him to say, "I can only do my job out there." Or.. "Alex knows what he needs to do." Or virtually anything along those lines, saying in the nicest way that he thinks the quarterback could be doing better.

Leath, I'm sick of people using the expression, "What do you expect him to say?" -- It's complete and utter bull crap. Morgan doesn't owe Smith jack squat. Why on earth would he so vehemently defend Smith? We're not talking about just any old defense here, my friend. He flat out said Smith has nothing to do with our problems.

If Smith were so awful, wouldn't he want to make hints that he's (or the team is) losing faith in him so he could be benched for someone else? We don't see that. We see zero indication. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Something's wrong with this picture.

Exactly. It's nothing new when players (especially WRs) voice their disappointment with their QB.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Hopper:

The 2 picks were f**king stupid and made me want him sent to the bench but the IT Grounding was a bad call, Gore was like 4 yards away and taking a sack would've been just as bad. I don't put that one on him. We got screwed by the refs right there.

Not buying it, that was definitely INT grounding.
Share 49ersWebzone