LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Steve Young on KNBR... must listen...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
You guys remember all the "free Alex!" threads a couple of years ago or so? lol. Alex letting his hair down = shattering NFL records for single season interceptions.

oh no u dident

I'm dying over here...lol

but yeah, some wonder WHY the coaches don't want Alex to pass all the time...or why Alex checks down all the time......there is a reason.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex, I know its in there. DO IT ALEX, JUST DO IT.....

UNLEASH THE PHOENIX

ITS TIME FOR PHIL JENNINGS TO EMERGE

LET HIM GO ALEX LET HIM GO

Yeah, we need that all-out trifecta of passing dominance TO UNLEASH ITSELF!!!

My favorite thing on the Webzone It Will be sad if It can never return after this season
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
You guys remember all the "free Alex!" threads a couple of years ago or so? lol. Alex letting his hair down = shattering NFL records for single season interceptions.

oh no u dident

I'm dying over here...lol

but yeah, some wonder WHY the coaches don't want Alex to pass all the time...or why Alex checks down all the time......there is a reason.

Is that supposed to be funny? That is so obvious and unimaginative. Shaj you are talented at sounding petty and small in your posts. And once again not very factual...
All I have to say is 11-85!
wow it IS a coaching issue.......never thought of it like that.

u know what... I think we should get rid of Sing... it has been the coaching all these years as to why Alex has struggled.....damn these defensive minded head coaches...we should have kept Dennis Erickson and drafted Alex.

I say we bring in an offensive minded head coach and it would only be fair for Alex that we give him another 2 years...maybe 3.

who is with me?

Phuck That! No More Smith!!!!!
CMON SMITH. STEVE YOUNG BELIEVES IN YOU, STOP BEING A p***y!

Let's DO THIS MAN.
Steve really got into it when he talked about the lack of "true pro's" on the team and used Ronnie Lott as an example for someone who knew all the intricacies of the position. He went onto say that Ronnie made the FS accountable which made the cb's acountable which made the lb's accountable and so on.
The farther the season goes the more key things this team seems to lack.
Originally posted by cxzhou83:
Steve Young as HC someday for the 49ers?

damn it just hire him now haha
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Steve really got into it when he talked about the lack of "true pro's" on the team and used Ronnie Lott as an example for someone who knew all the intricacies of the position. He went onto say that Ronnie made the FS accountable which made the cb's acountable which made the lb's accountable and so on.
The farther the season goes the more key things this team seems to lack.

It's something that I have said for a while now. Ever since Donohue gutted the team, the only kind of players that have been brought to SF are ones that have not won anything. Our biggest FA acquisitions have never won anything. Bryant Young, Isaac Bruce, and Larry Allen were the last guys on the roster with any championship ties, and Bruce and Allen were brought here as band aids. Clements, Spikes, J. Smith, etc. have never won at the NFL level, and each of them only has one winning season.

Nobody on this team knows what it takes to win at the NFL level except, believe it or not, the head coach. The problem is that he does not seem to know how to deliver that knowledge to the players effectively.
oops. double post
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:14 AM ]

Originally posted by Method:
CMON SMITH. STEVE YOUNG BELIEVES IN YOU, STOP BEING A p***y!

Let's DO THIS MAN.

cosigned!!!!
Originally posted by YorkHater:

u know what... I think we should get rid of Sing... it has been the coaching all these years as to why Alex has struggled.....damn these defensive minded head coaches...we should have kept Dennis Erickson and drafted Alex.

I say we bring in an offensive minded head coach and it would only be fair for Alex that we give him another 2 years...maybe 3.

who is with me?

Please, Ryan and Sanchez are already proving that theory wrong. Both have defensive minded coaches.

They already accomplished more in their first few seasons than Smith ever has
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hades49:

who is with me?

Please, Ryan and Sanchez are already proving that theory wrong. Both have defensive minded coaches.

How so? Maybe Ryan doesn't meddle in the offensive staff meetings and let them game plan them accordingly? I think if one has to make an educated guess from outside looking in - it seems obvious Singletary doesn't give all the freedom to the offensive staff.
Originally posted by Hades49:

who is with me?

You missed the point completely. There are HC's that specialize in defense, and there are HC's that take on a conservative, defensive mentality as well. Sing isn't nearly as bright as those other HC's, he is far more conservative and wants to rely on the run game and the defense to win games.
Originally posted by bret:
Originally posted by prometheus:
What Young is saying is saying is Singletary is a grade A nincompoop and best left out in the Amazon with 100 ft snakes. He can punch them in the mouth. Singletary is a frustrated hell and brimstone demagogue with an endless loop recording. One wonders how someone so inept can cause every function of the team to be bad. One thing we should consider is that having talent and some decent coaches, just how f**ked up an idiot is Singletary to get the results he is getting? I would say he is one of the dumbest most useless coaches ever. Steve obviously believes Singletary is a major detriment to the team but just eliminating him from the offense is not enough.
He screws up the game plans both offense and defense, he cannot strategize at any level, he is ill prepared and as shown is about as organized as the federal government, he is outsmarted so easily and constantly and so blatantly
he should go out there bare ass naked and show all his cards. He has nothing else to expose.

Did actually LISTEN to the interview?!

It was very insightful! You might learn something!

When he talked about the offense in his years kicking Seifert out of the room and when he talked about Alex being too tight for fear of making mistakes, he was making a clear reference to Sing attempting to instill his conservative defensive mentality on offensive players with negative results.

YES, it was a criticism of Sing, but it wasn't all black and white, like you make it sound. It suggested some real avenues for improvement!

The most interesting thing he brought up (besides the whole Smith/Sing thing) was in reference to the Nate Clements play: he got to talking about veteran leadership and standards. His reference to Ray Lewis was fascinating! Every fan should listen to this! In fact, so should every Niner player and coach!

That's what I was hoping for- that the team would have the chance to hear this radio interview. It doesn't matter how much we talk about it.
What are the chances that the team heard it or not? Im here on the East coast so im not sure how a lot works with the organization, how in tune they are with the local media. I believe KNBR is pretty big there in SF and with Steve Young doing an interview on his opinion, maybe it would be streamed live in Santa Clara at the facility. What are the chances? Definitely would appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks guys
Share 49ersWebzone