LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Steve Young on KNBR... must listen...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
s**t we've been saying all along. Smith needs to grow a pair and Singletary needs to stay the hell outta the OC's bidnizz.
See this thread.........
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147022
Reading and listening aren't the same thing. I don't have any speakers on my computer.
  • dj43
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by dj43:
STOP WITH THE CHECKDOWNS SMITH!!!

no WONDER we're almost DEAD last in points PER GAME!!!!!!!

uh, the discussion we have been having is how much of that is the direct result of the offensive philosophy of Mike Singletary and how much latitude Smith has been given.

We all agree the offense needs to open up (all that is except Singletary apparently).

uhhhhhhhhhh, I'm still standing by what I said considering we passed MORE and opened up MORE last game and smith STILL checked it down.
Except that you can't see who was open and what the instructions have been from Singletary and the staff.

We know Atlanta, and other teams, have made specific adjustments during the off-season to take away Vernon Davis. We also know that opponents are very comfortable with man coverage on both Crabtree and Morgan. That leaves a safety and a linebacker free to either attack the LOS or double any of the receivers. What is left? Do you want Smith to take even more chances to throw to receivers that are not open?

This is all very circular. I'm out on all the Smith/Singletary stuff. Time to move on.

Exactly, you can't see either who was open and what the instructions were from Singletary and the staff too. Yet you're saying opponents are comfortable with playing man coverage on our receivers, and claim that's exactly what they did that entire game.

So then how the hell do YOU know they weren't open And how the hell do you know Singletary instructed Smith to always go to the checkdown? Smith needs to do exactly as S.Young said and let'er rip, and just let loose.
You can almost always tell the coverage by the pre-snap read. Teams that play a lot of man typically do so because they feel they can cover without the use of a second defender = no respect for the receiver.

We DO know what Singletary has instructed, or at least said he has instructed, the QB to do = focus on getting the ball into Gore's hands. It isn't rocket science to deduce the plan from there.

uh, the discussion we have been having is how much of that is the direct result of the offensive philosophy of Mike Singletary and how much latitude Smith has been given.

We all agree the offense needs to open up (all that is except Singletary apparently).

uhhhhhhhhhh, I'm still standing by what I said considering we passed MORE and opened up MORE last game and smith STILL checked it down.
Except that you can't see who was open and what the instructions have been from Singletary and the staff.

We know Atlanta, and other teams, have made specific adjustments during the off-season to take away Vernon Davis. We also know that opponents are very comfortable with man coverage on both Crabtree and Morgan. That leaves a safety and a linebacker free to either attack the LOS or double any of the receivers. What is left? Do you want Smith to take even more chances to throw to receivers that are not open?

This is all very circular. I'm out on all the Smith/Singletary stuff. Time to move on.

Exactly, you can't see either who was open and what the instructions were from Singletary and the staff too. Yet you're saying opponents are comfortable with playing man coverage on our receivers, and claim that's exactly what they did that entire game.

So then how the hell do YOU know they weren't open And how the hell do you know Singletary instructed Smith to always go to the checkdown? Smith needs to do exactly as S.Young said and let'er rip, and just let loose.
You can almost always tell the coverage by the pre-snap read. Teams that play a lot of man typically do so because they feel they can cover without the use of a second defender = no respect for the receiver.

We DO know what Singletary has instructed, or at least said he has instructed, the QB to do = focus on getting the ball into Gore's hands. It isn't rocket science to deduce the plan from there.

I'm saying how do you know there were no receivers open at all on Sunday. We're you the QB? No. Did you see the pre-snap read from Alex's perspective? No. Yeah, and of course we KNOW what Sing has instructed, but that has all changed since Mike Johnson has taken over. And how do YOU know what he instructed was still in FULL effect last Sunday? You don't... You're all speculation.

Teams man up on every Colts receiver but Manning still finds them.
When it comes to TV people and other analysts:

Category A: Notice that they will always criticize players who possess talent and players who are good players when they make mistakes because they know those players are better than that and will have a long career anyways.

Category B: Have you also noticed that they don't usually say bad things about players who may be out of the league or shouldn't be in the league. They usually say things to try and help those players out because they need it?
Originally posted by Joecool:

Category A: Notice that they will always criticize players who possess talent and players who are good players when they make mistakes because they know those players are better than that and will have a long career anyways.

Category B: Have you also noticed that they don't usually say bad things about players who may be out of the league or shouldn't be in the league. They usually say things to try and help those players out because they need it?

Have you noticedthat you give the most nonsensical arguments on this forum?

Originally posted by Method:

I've noticed that there are higher odds that Alex isn't playing better because it's my fault.

It must make great sense in the real world to blame everyone else. Yeah, we were all hoping that Alex showed us average to great things this year...but don't worry...it's not his fault because one guy said that it could be his mentality.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Reading and listening aren't the same thing. I don't have any speakers on my computer.

ok. but the subjects are the exact same so they should be in the same thread. it is all the same conversation. add the article to the previous thread to continue that conversation. what you read is basically what we heard.

Teams man up on every Colts receiver but Manning still finds them.

Exactly. Alex CAN'T only throw to a receiver who's WIDE open. He needs to take chances WITHOUT forcing the ball. Let the receiver make a play, improve his ball placement. The one thing Manning has that Alex doesn't unfortunately.
Originally posted by Method:

Makes sense to me. And yep Joecool, I have noticed that as well.
Originally posted by fc0828:
Steve did a great job explaining the problem witht he niners as he sees it... He nailed it, saying smith is playing tight... And Sing needs to leave the offense alone....

http://knbr.com/OnKNBR680/RazorandMrT/tabid/595/Default.aspx

Click on the link for Steve Young Oct 6

Yet another Alexcuse

Based on what Steve Young said -- and what has been written based upon that one interview -- we now have another ten chapters and verse of Alexcuses.

This is enough to earn him another five-year tryout.

Share 49ersWebzone