LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 211 users in the forums

After a grueling 4 weeks, I have come to the conclusion that... (positive)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:

Kevin Kolb, i would like to introduce you to somebody

Is nice to start hearing optimism again, I am one of those how thought we will be 1-3 by this point, the only win coming in KC, what was shocking was by how much point we lose those games and specially on the road but the team also show they can play with anyone like saints and falcons...

I cant wait for sunday, this is truly the most important game of the season we need to win that game really really bad and i expect us to do it....

we need to win almost all of the upcoming games but also is good if the other team on the division lose...

next week

rams vs @detroit
@Arizona vs saints
seahawks bye

2 weeks

seahawks vs @chicago
@St.Louis vs SD
arizona bye

in just two weeks, if we beat philly and raiders and the other teams lose those games we will be tied in first place in the division...

let do it guys...

go niners
we're only two games out.

But I don't see us improving unless Alex does.
Originally posted by boast:
the turnaround starts Sunday night under the lights at the 'Stick against Philly and their scrub QB.

But...can our scrub beat their scrub?
No offense, but everything you wrote about has been discussed several times over. And yes, we are still going to win the division.
I agree that we CAN turn it around and that our play against the Falcons and Saints is encouraging...but we lost games we "should" have won for whatever reason. This is why despite the fact that our schedule might show some easy games, we still might lose those games for whatever reason.
we did this last season also--almost beating the Vikings and Colts.
I will take it one game at a time---we can still go 12-4 and get a first round bye

1-4 here we come Sunday!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
we're only two games out.

But I don't see us improving unless Alex does.

Oh sooooooo this!!!! No truer words have been spoken!
  • kem99
  • Veteran
0-4 is 0-4. You are what your record says you are.

The 49ers have won at Seattle before against better Seahawk teams. Even if you want to give them the benefit of the doubt, it shouldn't have been a meltdown.

They should have and would have beaten the Saints but continued to shoot themselves in their collective foot with 4 turnovers, including 2 in the redzone, plus the safety on the errant snap. For the most part, that wasn't the Saints. That was the 49ers.

The 49ers have never played well in KC so I'll give you that one, though again, it was clear they were out coached and it wasn't even close.

They had the Falcons beat but for 2 bad Smith decisions/throws and the Clements fumble. Again, that wasn't the Falcons or their crowd. The 49ers lost because of the 49ers.

In terms of the rest of the season (or at least the next 4 games that will determine where the season goes from here), I think Barrows said it best in his recent chat: they could just as easily go 4-0 as they could 0-4.
Originally posted by servegmo:
Is nice to start hearing optimism again, I am one of those how thought we will be 1-3 by this point, the only win coming in KC, what was shocking was by how much point we lose those games and specially on the road but the team also show they can play with anyone like saints and falcons...

I cant wait for sunday, this is truly the most important game of the season we need to win that game really really bad and i expect us to do it....

we need to win almost all of the upcoming games but also is good if the other team on the division lose...

next week

rams vs @detroit
@Arizona vs saints
seahawks bye

2 weeks

seahawks vs @chicago
@St.Louis vs SD
arizona bye

in just two weeks, if we beat philly and raiders and the other teams lose those games we will be tied in first place in the division...

let do it guys...

go niners

Personally? I can wait. Because two weeks from now I fully expect our record to be a sparkling 0-6.

I give you historical proof:

The Niners are practiced experts at making average QB's look like world beaters. Hasselbeck roasted our DB's in the opener with a receiver who hadn't played a down in the NFL in two years.

Two weeks ago a career backup who is now starting in Kansas City looked like the second coming of Joe Montana.

Neither QB has looked this good against other NFL competition -- but has played lights out football against us.

I fully expect that Kolb will look like a 1st class world beating NFL QB on Sunday because the Niner D will make him look that good. He's not -- of course -- but we'll make him look like a surefire, lockdown bet for QB of the Year. That's just what we do. We've done it before. We're gonna do it again. We're good at it.

Alex will play just good enough to lose the game -- but will throw a critical interception at some point in the 2nd half that will cost us a realistic shot at winning. Why do I say this? Because I've seen it all season long. Other than that last drive against the New Orleans -- which was VERY impressive -- he's done nothing but shoot this team in the foot.

My guess is the New Orleans finish was an abberation.

I love the enthusiasm! Let's keep this positivity going and drown out the negative whiners who've seemed to take the Zone by storm lately.

I've already posted this, but I strongly believe we get to 4-4 before the bye and people start saying, "Look out, the 49ers are on a roll right now. They're playing lights out defense and running the ball really well. And most hopeful, Alex Smith isn't throwing interceptions."

Hell I don't care if Alex throws the ball ten times a game, as long as he isn't turning the ball over.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Kevin Kolb, i would like to introduce you to somebody

I'd like to introduce willis, to willis from last year. So last year's willis could get him to play up to his pro bowl level.
Originally posted by billbird2111:

next week

rams vs @detroit
@Arizona vs saints
seahawks bye

2 weeks

seahawks vs @chicago
@St.Louis vs SD
arizona bye

let do it guys...

go niners

Personally? I can wait. Because two weeks from now I fully expect our record to be a sparkling 0-6.

The Niners are practiced experts at making average QB's look like world beaters. Hasselbeck roasted our DB's in the opener with a receiver who hadn't played a down in the NFL in two years.

Two weeks ago a career backup who is now starting in Kansas City looked like the second coming of Joe Montana.

Neither QB has looked this good against other NFL competition -- but has played lights out football against us.

I fully expect that Kolb will look like a 1st class world beating NFL QB on Sunday because the Niner D will make him look that good. He's not -- of course -- but we'll make him look like a surefire, lockdown bet for QB of the Year. That's just what we do. We've done it before. We're gonna do it again. We're good at it.

Alex will play just good enough to lose the game -- but will throw a critical interception at some point in the 2nd half that will cost us a realistic shot at winning. Why do I say this? Because I've seen it all season long. Other than that last drive against the New Orleans -- which was VERY impressive -- he's done nothing but shoot this team in the foot.

man I truly hope you are worng, we will find out sunday...

I expect us to play really really intense, I think we will make KK look like a guy who doesnt belong in this league, hell last week on the road we manage to make Ryan look avarege, our defense will look nasty and really good, our offence will make a new step nothing outstanding but at least to average.... I think we will win this game by two scores 10 or 14 points... of course I am a bit of a homer but I am a realist also and this team is more than capable to do that....

if they learn from past mistakes wil will be 1-4 next sunday....

lets go niners
[ Edited by servegmo on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:52 AM ]
Originally posted by digital9er:
Makes me wonder if we would still have high hopes if our schedule looked like this:

1. @SEA
2. NO
3. @KC
4. @ATL
5. GB
6. @STL
7. BTL
8. NYJ
9. @ARZ
10. BYE
11. @CHI
12. SEA
13. @NE
14. STL
15. MIA
16. @NYG
17. ARZ

geeeeeeeeeeez man ya know we only get to play greenbay in greenbay lol
Originally posted by billbird2111:

next week

rams vs @detroit
@Arizona vs saints
seahawks bye

2 weeks

seahawks vs @chicago
@St.Louis vs SD
arizona bye

let do it guys...

go niners

youve seen it all season long hmmmmmmmmmm really i thought we were only 5th week not 16th week
Share 49ersWebzone