Shop Find 49ers gear online

What is Alex's biggest weakness?

Originally posted by rapid4:
- Looks down his receivers
- Doesn't set himself properly
- Not accurate
- No pocket presence
- Keeps making rookie mistakes
- Most important -- does not do whatever is necessary to win -- on the contrary, chokes big time.

Seconded
  • titan
  • Veteran
QB Skills and intangibles.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
fly's criticism

Originally posted by fly15:
fly's criticism

lol i dont see how that pic is hating on alex
  • fly15
  • Veteran
fly's criticism

yup
fly's criticism

yup

kinda have to fault the crappy line we had back then for that pic. why cant you ever use recent pics?
Accuracy and Pocket Presence (or lack thereof)
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by maximill15:
how could you leave out ACCURACY?

Sam Bradford has only played 4 NFL games, and he is already a more acurate passer than Alex ..gets me all pissed off wishing we had a QB that throws crisp passes and delivers an acurate ball to our receivers

Plus Alex needs to improve his decision making, he seems to be late AND early with the majority of his passes, which is why the offense is slow to gel and get on the same page

yeah, bradford is showing CONSISTENT potential, something alex does rarely! Problem, we dont have anyone (cough *nate davis) waiting in the wings!
Voted Leadership as the main problem. Just want him to get mad when his teammates dont perform at times on plays. And he needs to play with some urgency when your trailing in games. Watch him this sunday night as he mozys to the huddles when/IF we start trailing the birds...gawd...hurry the F up.

Example: Jay Cutler was gettings sacked left and right on the MNF against the Packs. Then after like the 400th sack of the night he got in the O-lines faces. Damn kid was sick of it and got pissed off at someone and SHOWED IT.

IF Alex shows some of that kind of leadership then and only then will I have a little confidence in him.
A combination of decision making and mechanics/accuracy:

Decision making: Gets easily flustered; can't seem to react when his first read in the progression is covered; can't snap his head around to look for other receivers; panics in the pocket; too reliant on check downs

Mechanics/accuracy: Rarely hits a receiver in stride; high passes; no touch on short passes leading to deflections; overthrows just about ever deep pass

I voted other. I believe it is self confidence!!!!
accuracy and release speed.
  • dj43
I voted other because while he has some of the problems listed in the poll, the biggest "weakness" is that he has been playing in the most poorly designed offense in the league in the last 15 years.

The major problem with the OL is the antiquated blocking style of the offense as well. Macho man doesn't cut it when everybody is big and strong.

Using only two wide outs with mediocre speed is a problem.

Using two TEs, one of which is only a blocker is a problem.

*head explodes*
I thought accuracy would be addressed in the offseason.
Can't you fix that with about a months worth of practice? Maybe a couple of weeks throwing through tires or something?
Originally posted by leolion:
Originally posted by rapid4:
- Looks down his receivers
- Doesn't set himself properly
- Not accurate
- No pocket presence
- Keeps making rookie mistakes
- Most important -- does not do whatever is necessary to win -- on the contrary, chokes big time.

Seconded

Thirded
Share 49ersWebzone