There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NO MA'AM

NO MA'AM

I voted "Count Me In". The biggest problem I have w/Alex, and this has been stated "Ad Nauseam";
is his consistency -- or, the lack thereof. Yes, he may shine against The Eagles, and seemingly be
on his way toward breaking through...however, his Body Language (which speaks volumes), let
alone his overall performances show otherwise.
2nd that about 4 years ago !
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
I think this upcoming game should be his last chance. It's on national television...if he stinks it up, he should be benched. I don't care who starts, just get him out of there. If he plays well, he gets to keep his job for another week.
I voted for the next game. If he plays like he did against NO, and the d let's em win in the final minutes then the D is a bigger issue than we think.

But I'll go even farther to say I expect the minimum at least 2 to 3 td's. Don't care about yards or yac or any of that. We need td's, period. Maybe 1 int, and if two ints then mandatory 3 td's.
Alex is officially living game to game now.
As 49er Fans, we watch the team differently, and on a more consistent basis than other NFL Fans.
I'd be very interested to see, the results of this poll from the viewpoint of NFL Fans; both from a
national, and international perspective.
I can't say I have much faith left in the kid but it seems as we are going to ride or DIE with him, so I roll with him. We have all seen QB's have a great start and then fizzle off so here is too SMith doing the opposite lol
I disagree..... if Smith were actually mediocre, we'd be further along now than 0-4. Mediocre QB's tend to be game managers and are reliant upon the other tools that the team has... (see Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, etc). Though you could make a case that Alex Smith is a game changer........ for the other team!

Alex Smith sucks. He isn't even mediocre.
Philadelphia games is do or die.

If the game is lost, our season is over and he should be gone a.s.a.p.

I've been not necessarily a supporter or Alex, but didn't believe the weight of all the defeats should be on his shoulders; if he loses this game it speaks volumes.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
As 49er Fans, we watch the team differently, and on a more consistent basis than other NFL Fans.
I'd be very interested to see, the results of this poll from the viewpoint of NFL Fans; both from a
national, and international perspective.

Put it this way...if your team was facing Alex Smith next week, would you be scared or chalking it up as a victory already?

I think we know the answer to that one.
Funny the buck keeps stopping at Alex Smith, but Singletary has repeatedly said he is not the most important person on the team.

That speaks about his ability of a QB, but it also shows he isn't the only one dragging this team down.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Funny the buck keeps stopping at Alex Smith, but Singletary has repeatedly said he is not the most important person on the team.

That speaks about his ability of a QB, but it also shows he isn't the only one dragging this team down.

Then again, that's based on Singletary's prehistoric vision. We all know that the QB IS the most important person on the team.

49ers fans = Jetsons.
Singletary = Flintstones.
60 percent undecided....WTF. thats nuts....just one more game will do it huh. Are you expecting a miracle??
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
60 percent undecided....WTF. thats nuts....just one more game will do it huh. Are you expecting a miracle??

Miracles don't happen?