LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Which man is holding back this team more?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which man is holding back this team more?

I been saying that the OCs' need to use their personnel more. I mean why the hell is Frank on the field 90% of the game? That makes no sense.

We have the ponies to put both Frank and Dix onto the field at the same time. Send in the play with enough time for Alex to spot the hot read to go play action and make the Defense pay for stacking the Line.

Do this enough the Defense will have to account for the possibility of PA and then feed the Backs as much as you want while keeping the playbook pages moving.

I have to say though that Johnson did a pretty good job of sending in different plays but he did try to feed the ball 3 times in a row to Frank and all of those plays were up the gut. We got to get off that one track mind. It's okay to do it occasionally but we're not far removed from that at the moment and it gets sniffed out in a hurry by the Opposing Defenses right now.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by killajay209:
A Smith cuzz his the one holing the damn ball

No s**t?

You want a job? We need to replace Sing and anyone with your gift of perception would go far.

I'll be your agent. Just say the word and I'll put a call into 9er HQ get Jed on the phone and plead your case. He wouldn't dare laugh me off the line. You're too important to our future.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:20 PM ]
Dr. York
nate davis
You guys realize that Sing scared away any legit OC candidates right? The one guy he did hire was so bad that he had to fire him 3 weeks into this season. The answer is obvious. We spent an entire offseason installing an Offense that was outdated, lol.
All offensive plays go thru Alex Smith so I'm a have to say him. But they're both pretty bad at their position.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
You guys realize that Sing scared away any legit OC candidates right? The one guy he did hire was so bad that he had to fire him 3 weeks into this season. The answer is obvious. We spent an entire offseason installing an Offense that was outdated, lol.

And who allows this to happen? If we had a GM...which we don't... in the Bill Parcels or Mike Holmgren mold they wouldn't allow this nonsense to go on. And who allows us to hire a strong GM or not have one at all?

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 6, 2010 at 1:53 AM ]
C: The Yorks, who need to sell to Ed Roski or Larry Ellison. Preferably Roski.
Originally posted by area49:

I think you are Ed Roski. You sure talk about that guy a lot...
Thomas Clayton

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He's the guy who can get us a new stadium and will pay for a good GM, head coach, QB, etc.

He's the guy who can get us a new stadium and will pay for a good GM, head coach, QB, etc.

So would Larry Ellison, so would Steve Young and Brent Jones, so would the Dali Lama and so would anybody with a functioning brain and half a clue.

Just not the YORKIES.

So would Larry Ellison, so would Steve Young and Brent Jones, so would the Dali Lama and so would anybody with a functioning brain and half a clue.

Just not the YORKIES.

I think Larry Ellison would want to take the team to LA, as well.

In either case, Ed Roski's proposed deal just sounds too sweet to pass up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:

And who allows this to happen? If we had a GM...which we don't... in the Bill Parcels or Mike Holmgren mold they wouldn't allow this nonsense to go on. And who allows us to hire a strong GM or not have one at all?

Sing scared away some good OC candidates, OK...that explains 2 years of it. Alex has been around for what, 6 years now? If we had a good QB, no matter who the HC or OC is, we'd be winning games right now, that's the bottom line. Peyton Manning would win 12 games with Raye or Hostler as his OC.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I have a weird one for you to think about: Frank Gore.

Now we all know that Gore needs to be fed the ball two thousand times because eventually, he's going to break one. That's kind of like trying to get the stuffed animal out of that fifty-cent crane machine in front of Wal-Mart with only ten quarters in your pocket. Eventually, you're going to run out of quarters.

There are only so many plays in a football game, and as talented as Gore is, constantly feeding him, waiting for him to bust the big one might be costing us the big one.

Anthony Dixon has already displayed his awesome talent in the preseason, and is ready to get into a regular season game and make a name for himself. Brian Westbrook is fully capable doing the same.

Gore has been pretty stubborn publicly when asked what his feelings are on splitting carries. I think this is only the tip of the iceberg. I don't even want to know what happens behind closed doors at Santa Clara when the subject comes up and he's in the room.

Bottom line is, although it may sound silly to limit the amount of touches he gets and split them with the other backs, it might be the better thing for both he and the team in the long run. With the season fading quickly, there is less and less to lose with each passing week. Might as well try.

I absolutely understand what you mean in terms of Gore putting himself before the team and Sing being afraid to simply tell Gore "this is a team game and sometimes you're not going to be on the field".

BUT... Alex can't do it, no matter how many chances they give him. Excuses usually are things like "vanilla offense", "poor play-calling", "no o-line", etc.

Well, Gore has the same handicaps!: "vanilla offense", "poor play-calling", "no o-line", etc., and yet he's managed to run for over 1000 yards 4 years in a row!

It's definitely NOT his fault!
Share 49ersWebzone