There are 258 users in the forums

Mora talks Mays on NFL total access.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mays had the best overall play for the 49ers this season.

However, way too early to pass judgement on his impact to this team.

Also, with the 49ers, players get 6+ yrs to prove their worth anyways.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
I have a feeling the sentiments about Mays on this board are going to change after a couple weeks.

This doesn't mean I think he won't be a great player. I just thing people are going to overreacted WHEN he gets burned a couple times this year.

he is a rook. it is expected.

That's an Alexexcuse. Wait, is it only an Alexecuse if it is still happening 6 years from now?
So are we actually going to get some Mora analysis?
Man...... It is true, every thread ends up turning into an Alex Smith thread
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Mays was awesome on Sunday, for a 'Raw' player he looked as good as or better than Lewis. Baalke nailed this draft!

One thing I feel relatively at ease about -- we have ourselves a promising GM in Baalke.

you mean a promising lead personnel man. A GM would be managing the HC among other things, and we don't know if Baalke has those skills or not.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Mays was awesome on Sunday, for a 'Raw' player he looked as good as or better than Lewis. Baalke nailed this draft!

One thing I feel relatively at ease about -- we have ourselves a promising GM in Baalke.

you mean a promising lead personnel man. A GM would be managing the HC among other things, and we don't know if Baalke has those skills or not.

That depends on how Jed structures it. No one is managing Bill Belichek in NE. Some teams like GM to handle the whole franchise, some teams divide the powers.
So what did Mora say???
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
So what did Mora say???

This
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
So what did Mora say???

This
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

It's because the whole situation surrounding Smith is so incredulous and so, so, so... hard to subliminally submerge Smith from the top-o-the-list of things to clean up..

Originally posted by EdEs:
Originally posted by 49erAddict:
So what did Mora say???

This
Video is up.
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Its funny. I'm new here and no matter what the subject is about. It all points back to one guy. That is why we need a new one to blame/praise/curse at/gain and lose weight about/ or someday put on our fantasy team.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
Originally posted by Chief:
With in the hour.

"why Mays may be the missing piece."

He's the missing piece if he switches to Offense and throws the football.
:-)
I couldn't resist!

jeje
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
I have a feeling the sentiments about Mays on this board are going to change after a couple weeks.

This doesn't mean I think he won't be a great player. I just thing people are going to overreacted WHEN he gets burned a couple times this year.

Of course people will overreact. People set pre concieved notions for this or that player on the WZ. And they want the player to fit into that notion to make their argument look valid. Otherwise they look wrong. And they don't want that. So yes people will jump all over him if he gets burned once. And that certainly will happen to him sometimes. It happens to Polamalu several times a season. Any Safety will get burned sometimes.

The bottom line is does he bring more positive than negative? And I would already say yes. It could be a huge yes if he continues his development. Plus you have to realize Michael Lewis was huge toast out there. A huge vulnerability in the passing game. But people rarely mentioned it. Just the politics of the zone. Players have to fit into their original arguments. Even if they are proven wrong.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:32 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone