LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Why are we always victimized in plays of the week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am gettting sick and tired of watching espn and we are always in the wrong end of the highlights

Three perfect examples:
1. our game against the vikes where farve throw that rediculous TD on the last play
2. the one handed catch by the TE in the cheifs game
3. the return fumble by nate

for some reason, these unbelievable, once in a lifetime plays happens only against us. i cant pin point why? do we just have the worst luck in the world? I cant imigane farve ever making that play again, i cant see the TE from KC make another one handed catch like that again, and i cant see nate make a better interception only to fumble it again
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
I am gettting sick and tired of watching espn and we are always in the wrong end of the highlights

Three perfect examples:
1. our game against the vikes where farve throw that rediculous TD on the last play
2. the one handed catch by the TE in the cheifs game
3. the return fumble by nate

for some reason, these unbelievable, once in a lifetime plays happens only against us. i cant pin point why? do we just have the worst luck in the world? I cant imigane farve ever making that play again, i cant see the TE from KC make another one handed catch like that again, and i cant see nate make a better interception only to fumble it again

That gem went on to win the ESPY for play of the year for all sports.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with being 0-4 this year and 40-76 in the last 8 years.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
bad teams always find a way to lose and good teams find a way to win. it's as simple as that.
The Chiefs play was a great catch, which is something that happens nearly ever week. The other two were both products of poorly prepared football teams.
Originally posted by Shaj:
bad teams always find a way to lose and good teams find a way to win. it's as simple as that.
good teams victimize bad teams
Originally posted by djfullshred:
good teams victimize bad teams
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
The Chiefs play was a great catch, which is something that happens nearly ever week. The other two were both products of poorly prepared football teams.

I disagree with the Nate clements fumble as being a poorly prepared team.

We have all seen the video of Spencer decking Brooks in the "strip drill". Also, it was stated that after a similar play took place in the preseason the 49ers practiced holding the ball high and tight. Nate even said the day after that if he had been holding the ball "high and tight" like coach Sing has preached to them the fumble would have never happened.

Therefore, it appears the team was well coached up on that. For some reason our players are either stupid or .. well I can't think of another thing so I guess they are just stupid.
Originally posted by Shaj:

• Happs
  • Veteran
But we had two good plays on plays of the week. The VD touchdown and the Taylor Mays Touchdown. Little consolation but better than nothing.
well if the team would stop giving up big plays.....
  • fly15
  • Veteran
bad qb victimize their own teams
in case you haven't heard, we've been sucking it for quite sometime now.

Hopefully that will change this Sunday.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LongTimeNiner:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I disagree with the Nate clements fumble as being a poorly prepared team.

We have all seen the video of Spencer decking Brooks in the "strip drill". Also, it was stated that after a similar play took place in the preseason the 49ers practiced holding the ball high and tight. Nate even said the day after that if he had been holding the ball "high and tight" like coach Sing has preached to them the fumble would have never happened.

Therefore, it appears the team was well coached up on that. For some reason our players are either stupid or .. well I can't think of another thing so I guess they are just stupid.

First of all, did you watch that strip drill? The players were dogging it!

Secondly, the problem was that Nate Clements was not aware of the game situation. His decision should have been based on his understanding of the game situation, which his coaches should be reminding them about in every play of every practice. Coaches should be talking aboout being aware of the game situation in every film session. It's clear they are not.

Did you not hear Roddy White's comments: he keeps doing it "because they never learn"!
Share 49ersWebzone