LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Overlooked Fact

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Ryan had 2 interceptions and one touchdown...one interception came when they were driving and well withing field goal range on a TIPPED PASS. The other came when they NEEDED him to drive them down the field and he threw the ball right to us...Alex Smith was not the difference between a win and a loss in the game, he played even keel with Matt Ryan. The difference was when we needed it most, Clements screwed up - THE END. Yes Smith had a bad game, yes the defense let them drive down the field and kick a winning field goal, but all of the negative could have been erased EASILY, all he had to do was go down. With all of the s**t that we have gone through this season we had an opportunity to, in spite of everything, to win that game and Clements decided otherwise. We have to now regroup and start fresh next weekend. I am a fan until the end but that hurt to watch - I don't get mad anymore because I don't expect them to win all the time like I used to lol, I get upset when they tease me and lose like that, it's hard to watch and not cringe!

Alex is always the difference in a loss because he fails to do his job, generate points. I completely disagree. He is too afraid to throw a pass beyond 15 yards which handicaps the team. He is detrimental to the offense.

If he scored points the defense might get more motivated. A team's defense can be inspored by good offensive play. This team has zero confidence in the offense and that offense is being led by a total vag.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Ryan had 2 interceptions and one touchdown...one interception came when they were driving and well withing field goal range on a TIPPED PASS. The other came when they NEEDED him to drive them down the field and he threw the ball right to us...Alex Smith was not the difference between a win and a loss in the game, he played even keel with Matt Ryan. The difference was when we needed it most, Clements screwed up - THE END. Yes Smith had a bad game, yes the defense let them drive down the field and kick a winning field goal, but all of the negative could have been erased EASILY, all he had to do was go down. With all of the s**t that we have gone through this season we had an opportunity to, in spite of everything, to win that game and Clements decided otherwise. We have to now regroup and start fresh next weekend. I am a fan until the end but that hurt to watch - I don't get mad anymore because I don't expect them to win all the time like I used to lol, I get upset when they tease me and lose like that, it's hard to watch and not cringe!

Alex is always the difference in a loss because he fails to do his job, generate points. I completely disagree. He is too afraid to throw a pass beyond 15 yards which handicaps the team. He is detrimental to the offense.

If he scored points the defense might get more motivated. A team's defense can be inspored by good offensive play. This team has zero confidence in the offense and that offense is being led by a total vag.

I agree with that. 49er defense to me...played well enough to keep the team in the game. And when the offense keeps getting kicked off the feild whether its...INTs, FUMBLES, and THREE and OUTS. The defense cannot be on the feild the entire game and not give up points. Plain and simple...49ers offense needs to score more than 20pts each and every game from here on out. And as long as I'm dreaming of more pts why not raise it up to 50pts each game.
Everyone needs to stop blaming Clements for this loss, he played a great game and without him we wouldn't be close to winning. Minus the last drive where brown was covering white, he barely had a catch all night thanks to Clements and i recall Clements having more tackles than Willis. He was trying to secure the win with a touchdown or would u rather have him give the ball to Alex when the Falcons still have 3 timeouts and theres a good chance we don't drive anywhere (he picked it at the 50 yard line) and have to punt leaving plenty of time for them to drive for the game winning field goal anyways? ( sorry for the run on sentence haha) Clements is a beast and one of the main reasons are defense is so good.
Originally posted by crabman82:
underlooked fact, we're still 0-4
Originally posted by deep2crab:
Everyone needs to stop blaming Clements for this loss, he played a great game and without him we wouldn't be close to winning. Minus the last drive where brown was covering white, he barely had a catch all night thanks to Clements and i recall Clements having more tackles than Willis. He was trying to secure the win with a touchdown or would u rather have him give the ball to Alex when the Falcons still have 3 timeouts and theres a good chance we don't drive anywhere (he picked it at the 50 yard line) and have to punt leaving plenty of time for them to drive for the game winning field goal anyways? ( sorry for the run on sentence haha) Clements is a beast and one of the main reasons are defense is so good.

Couldn't agree more. Funny how his one-on-one tackles in the wide open feild are overlooked. Granted that's his job but not too many corners I've seen in this league can still do that type of tackling.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by deep2crab:

Nobody is saying he should've taken a knee at the 50...if Clements uses his brain and protects the ball (should've seen it coming, I mean, the SAME WR stripped Bly last season), then all the 49ers need to do is call 3 straight runs and let Atlanta burn all their timeouts assuming we don't put the game away with a TD. At worst, we kick a FG and go up 17-13, which forces the Falcons to drive down the field and score a TD with no timeouts remaining. I mean, pick...either you're going to take a knee and be safe or return the INT but PROTECT the ball...he's a veteran so he should know better.
Share 49ersWebzone