There are 149 users in the forums

Overlooked Fact

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
If we start documenting all the Alexcuses® out there, we could turn it into a Time Life 4 part documentary or something. There may be some money in this. People who stay up really late and are woozy on sleeping meds may buy it in a moment of weakness.

I can actually see that term breaking through into popular culture mainstream.

Lil Timmy - But Mr. Griffin I did poorly on the test because you are my 6th teacher in 6 years....and Raymond actually did worst than me so go bother him

Mr Griffin - those are just alexcuses Timmy, you need to be held accountable
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Shaj:
If we start documenting all the Alexcuses® out there, we could turn it into a Time Life 4 part documentary or something. There may be some money in this. People who stay up really late and are woozy on sleeping meds may buy it in a moment of weakness.

I can actually see that term breaking through into popular culture mainstream.

Lil Timmy - But Mr. Griffin I did poorly on the test because you are my 6th teacher in 6 years....and Raymond actually did worst than me so go bother him

Mr Griffin - those are just alexcuses Timmy, you need to be held accountable

These two posts combined literally made me laugh out loud. That's a rare occurrence for me on this forum.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
Ryan had 2 interceptions and one touchdown...one interception came when they were driving and well withing field goal range on a TIPPED PASS. The other came when they NEEDED him to drive them down the field and he threw the ball right to us...Alex Smith was not the difference between a win and a loss in the game, he played even keel with Matt Ryan. The difference was when we needed it most, Clements screwed up - THE END. Yes Smith had a bad game, yes the defense let them drive down the field and kick a winning field goal, but all of the negative could have been erased EASILY, all he had to do was go down. With all of the s**t that we have gone through this season we had an opportunity to, in spite of everything, to win that game and Clements decided otherwise. We have to now regroup and start fresh next weekend. I am a fan until the end but that hurt to watch - I don't get mad anymore because I don't expect them to win all the time like I used to lol, I get upset when they tease me and lose like that, it's hard to watch and not cringe!

We all knew that the team was good enough to win some games despite Alex. However, now it is evident that we aren't as good as we thought and we will actually need a QB we can count on if we want to start beating playoff teams consistently.

You can pick the worst games of any QB and stack it up to Alex to make yourself feel better about him but if you try to compare Ryan's best game to Alex's best game then you will see a huge difference and realize what most of us here have already realized that he is not the answer if we hope to be anything more than an average team.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What the hell does Matt Ryan's bad day have to do with Smith? I don't give a damn if Matt Ryan tossed 6 INTs, that has no reflection on Alex Smith. The fact of the matter is if Smith hadn't left those 9+ points on the board, Nate Clements never would have been in position to be blamed for that loss because the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by then.

You can't justify Alex's sh*tty play with Matt Ryan's sh*tty play.

Also, you have made absolutely no points that haven't been brought up 100 times in 10 other threads.

exactly

I am not fighting about Alex Smith sucking...fact is BOTH QUARTERBACKERS LEFT POINTS ON THE BOARD AT THE END OF THE DAY THE ONLY PLAY THAT MADE A DIFFERENCE WAS THE FUMBLE. THank god I don't live near you I'd punch you in the face, half the people on here don't know a f**king thing about the sport. How many times has Brett Favre thrown interceptions and cost his team only to be saved by defense in the last minutes of a game and he's a hall of famer. Alex Smith sucks I agree and hopefully he's gone after this year and I never disagreed with that but if you are going to sit here and tell me that Alex Smith is the reason we lost then you are not intelligent.
What the hell does Matt Ryan's bad day have to do with Smith? I don't give a damn if Matt Ryan tossed 6 INTs, that has no reflection on Alex Smith. The fact of the matter is if Smith hadn't left those 9+ points on the board, Nate Clements never would have been in position to be blamed for that loss because the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by then.

Also, you have made absolutely no points that haven't been brought up 100 times in 10 other threads.

exactly

Also if we say Alex smith left 6 points on the board with two interceptions then let's do the same with Ryan and his two interceptions...oh darn they win again...
I am not saying we don't suck lol we are 0-4 and Smith has played like s**t but he didn't lose us the game last week, all Clements had to do was go down and we win the end!
nevertheless, clements did his job good last sunday, alex didnt. and that statement comes from a non-alex-hater.

exactly

I am not fighting about Alex Smith sucking...fact is BOTH QUARTERBACKERS LEFT POINTS ON THE BOARD AT THE END OF THE DAY THE ONLY PLAY THAT MADE A DIFFERENCE WAS THE FUMBLE. THank god I don't live near you I'd punch you in the face, half the people on here don't know a f**king thing about the sport. How many times has Brett Favre thrown interceptions and cost his team only to be saved by defense in the last minutes of a game and he's a hall of famer. Alex Smith sucks I agree and hopefully he's gone after this year and I never disagreed with that but if you are going to sit here and tell me that Alex Smith is the reason we lost then you are not intelligent.

qbs get the credit when u win and blame when u lose, especially when only scoring 7 points, thats life in the nfl, hes doing nothing to win games when around the league other qbs are, matt ryan has only lost 1 home start so u knew going in anything short of alex helping this team win was gonna end in a loss
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Ryan had 2 interceptions and one touchdown...one interception came when they were driving and well withing field goal range on a TIPPED PASS. The other came when they NEEDED him to drive them down the field and he threw the ball right to us...Alex Smith was not the difference between a win and a loss in the game, he played even keel with Matt Ryan. The difference was when we needed it most, Clements screwed up - THE END. Yes Smith had a bad game, yes the defense let them drive down the field and kick a winning field goal, but all of the negative could have been erased EASILY, all he had to do was go down. With all of the s**t that we have gone through this season we had an opportunity to, in spite of everything, to win that game and Clements decided otherwise. We have to now regroup and start fresh next weekend. I am a fan until the end but that hurt to watch - I don't get mad anymore because I don't expect them to win all the time like I used to lol, I get upset when they tease me and lose like that, it's hard to watch and not cringe!

We all knew that the team was good enough to win some games despite Alex. However, now it is evident that we aren't as good as we thought and we will actually need a QB we can count on if we want to start beating playoff teams consistently.

You can pick the worst games of any QB and stack it up to Alex to make yourself feel better about him but if you try to compare Ryan's best game to Alex's best game then you will see a huge difference and realize what most of us here have already realized that he is not the answer if we hope to be anything more than an average team.

OMG I agree he sucks and he is a bottom 10 qb in the NFL I'm not against you on this lol I'm simply stating he did not lose this game for us Nate Clements did. Fact is last year when he threw 3 td's against the texans and brought us all the way back and then threw an interception to seal the loss, that play was on HIM. You can do whatever you want all game all that matters is the important plays when your team needs you most!

exactly

I was thinking the exact same thing about you for thinking Alex Smith didn't lose that game for us.

And kill it with the "I'd punch you in the face" bullsh*t.
Yes, Clements had the win in his hand, and had he taken a knee, we'd be 1-3.

exactly

Also if we say Alex smith left 6 points on the board with two interceptions then let's do the same with Ryan and his two interceptions...oh darn they win again...

I don't think you're smart enough to comprehend the fact that Matt Ryan's play has nothing to do with Alex Smith.
in todays nfl, if your qb doesnt help you win the game then hes the reason you lost
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Yes, Clements had the win in his hand, and had he taken a knee, we'd be 1-3.

really? atl had 3 timeouts left, with our luck we run 3 [plays up the middle and miss a fg and they still take the ball down the field
NO!!!! Everything is Alex Smiths fault!!
Niners lose! Alexs fault!
Niners turnover! Alexs fault!
Special teams turnover! Alexs fault!
Defense gives up a TD/FG! Alexs fault!
Vernon Davis farts! Alexs fault!
SF Giants lose! Alexs fault!
My ex gets knocked up and says it's mine! Alexs fault!
Gay Aikens loses American Idol! Alexs fault!
The s**tty economy! Alexs fault!
The catholic church child molestation issues! Alexs fault!
Etcetera etcetera etcetera
you guys are quite simple minded ... let's put it this way if Smith doesn't throw that interception and so were up by 4 instead of 1, they drove quite easily down the field twice within what 80 seconds? they probably would have scored. The only guarantee is if he goes out of bounds we ice the clock game over. I am comparing him to Ryan because for some reason Ryan gets a free pass when his team wins inspite of him but Smith gets an ass raping when he wasn't the one fumbling away the ball. Ryan threw an interception when his team NEEDED him to drive down the field and we gave it right back, yet hes a hero, THE ONLY difference FOR SURE between a W and a L is the Clements fumble you people are blind seriously it's sad.
Share 49ersWebzone