LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Overlooked Fact

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ryan had 2 interceptions and one touchdown...one interception came when they were driving and well withing field goal range on a TIPPED PASS. The other came when they NEEDED him to drive them down the field and he threw the ball right to us...Alex Smith was not the difference between a win and a loss in the game, he played even keel with Matt Ryan. The difference was when we needed it most, Clements screwed up - THE END. Yes Smith had a bad game, yes the defense let them drive down the field and kick a winning field goal, but all of the negative could have been erased EASILY, all he had to do was go down. With all of the s**t that we have gone through this season we had an opportunity to, in spite of everything, to win that game and Clements decided otherwise. We have to now regroup and start fresh next weekend. I am a fan until the end but that hurt to watch - I don't get mad anymore because I don't expect them to win all the time like I used to lol, I get upset when they tease me and lose like that, it's hard to watch and not cringe!
[ Edited by Thrash88 on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM ]
underlooked fact, we're still 0-4
mike sherrard
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:06 PM ]
I am not saying we don't suck lol we are 0-4 and Smith has played like s**t but he didn't lose us the game last week, all Clements had to do was go down and we win the end!
It never ends.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
I am not saying we don't suck lol we are 0-4 and Smith has played like s**t but he didn't lose us the game last week, all Clements had to do was go down and we win the end!

the days of your qb not losing the game is over, if your qb isnt winning games for you, your not winning football games
My point is look at the similar statistics between the two QB's - both threw an interception where either team was atleast within field goal range. Both threw an interception where the defense made a good play and they'd like to have it back. So yes both qb's played like s**t but the outcome of this GAME was decided on one play and one play only (besides the field goal obviousy lol) when Clements allowed White to chase him down and get the ball back it went from a win for us to a loss.
Originally posted by crabman82:

the days of your qb not losing the game is over, if your qb isnt winning games for you, your not winning football games

Really so Charlie Batch is the reason the Steelers are 3-1? and Flacco throwing more interceptions then touchdowns must be why the Ravens are 3-1! I get it now! The niners lost because Matt Ryan killed us with his 2 interception 1 touchdown performance!
great. Just add that in to the dozens of other times he wasn't the #1 reason we lost, but somewhere in the top 5 reasons.

Its like some people truly have no concept of accumulation.

My point is look at the similar statistics between the two QB's - both threw an interception where either team was atleast within field goal range. Both threw an interception where the defense made a good play and they'd like to have it back. So yes both qb's played like s**t but the outcome of this GAME was decided on one play and one play only (besides the field goal obviousy lol) when Clements allowed White to chase him down and get the ball back it went from a win for us to a loss.

blame it on clements if u want but we will continue to lose games as long as the qb isnt winning them for us, u need 21+ points to win, scoring less than that and hoping for a win is a waste of time with this team
What the hell does Matt Ryan's bad day have to do with Smith? I don't give a damn if Matt Ryan tossed 6 INTs, that has no reflection on Alex Smith. The fact of the matter is if Smith hadn't left those 9+ points on the board, Nate Clements never would have been in position to be blamed for that loss because the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by then.

You can't justify Alex's sh*tty play with Matt Ryan's sh*tty play.

Also, you have made absolutely no points that haven't been brought up 100 times in 10 other threads.
Overall I tend to agree with you and I've been a big ASmith supporter. He didn't lose the game for us by himself; there are too many variables like the defense not stopping 2 minute drives.

Where I'm at w/Alex is he is not the difference maker we need at QB. He's hot & cold and is not the long term solution. I want to see him succeed but it seems to me he lacks what it takes to get us to the next level. One glarring thing is consistency. I'm sure you all have many others. But even if he gets hot every other game - we'd still be 8-8. Not good enough.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
If we start documenting all the Alexcuses® out there, we could turn it into a Time Life 4 part documentary or something. There may be some money in this. People who stay up really late and are woozy on sleeping meds may buy it in a moment of weakness.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What the hell does Matt Ryan's bad day have to do with Smith? I don't give a damn if Matt Ryan tossed 6 INTs, that has no reflection on Alex Smith. The fact of the matter is if Smith hadn't left those 9+ points on the board, Nate Clements never would have been in position to be blamed for that loss because the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by then.

You can't justify Alex's sh*tty play with Matt Ryan's sh*tty play.

Also, you have made absolutely no points that haven't been brought up 100 times in 10 other threads.

exactly
Share 49ersWebzone