LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Sounds like this may be Smith's last opportunity.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Smith will play well cause he'll be desperate next game, because he won't think and just play off pure instinct.
When he's not desperate he thinks too much and tries to analize everything..
you can't analize too much when you have an NFL defense targeting nothing but YOU.
Just play the damn game.

analize?

you see.. i don't ANALyze when i write..
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
If Smith does play the way you hope he will... all that really does is show more to his inconsitency. I want him to be a good QB, but there is far more evidence to the contrary. At some point, you just have to cut your losses.

Some stars aren't born over night. Sometimes a switch just needs to go off. If Smith ends up leaving the 49ers, I won't be surprised if he becomes all-pro somewhere else.

Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by ninersush:
dude i'm sorry but i have to disagree 100% w the statement that smith might become a probowler elsewhere. he just doesnt appear to have it. if he proves wrong great for him. and his success in the spread was when we were typicall down like 14+ when defenses had relaxed. so i'd take his stats from last year w many grains of salt. and furthermore this year he just doesnt have it.

The spread offense is the modern NFL offense. Alex Smith is lights out in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_3p3dmpC1M

Watch that video of his game trying drive against the Saints. Do you realize Kyle Orton is leading the league in passing? That is how Denver plays on nearly every snap. And while Denver isn't an elite team, they are one with a winning record that competes in nearly every game.

Say whaaaaaaaaa

You've seen it.

Lights out?? Ive seen him play well in the spread but not lights out. The spread doesnt cure his innacuracy

What a passing offense does is not make every single pass super important. You can throw two or three bad ones in a row and still get it done because you throw so many.

Reason #47 why the Sing offense sucks: the Sing offense is supposed to make it easier on the QB, make him less important but it does exactly the opposite because every pass is a complete it or punt situation. This puts more, not less pressure on the QB and every incomplete is subject to endless scrutiny because each pass is almost a win or lose proposition.

Exactly. This is what ex-49er Dave Kopay was explaining as I watched the game with him this past Sunday as well. The way we play, we put unnecessary pressure on Smith. The offese is to dink and dunk. We just need to take shots down the field with our play-makers.

If you ever been to a niners game, and seen the whole field during a play, there are opportunitys missed down the field, because Smith either waits too long, or is afraid to throw the ball. He then looks for a checkdown reciever, or runs right to throw it out of bounds. He's playing not to f**k up, which leads to f**k ups. He needs to want to win the game on every play. Cant teach this stuff.
Originally posted by TheCatch:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by ninersush:
dude i'm sorry but i have to disagree 100% w the statement that smith might become a probowler elsewhere. he just doesnt appear to have it. if he proves wrong great for him. and his success in the spread was when we were typicall down like 14+ when defenses had relaxed. so i'd take his stats from last year w many grains of salt. and furthermore this year he just doesnt have it.

The spread offense is the modern NFL offense. Alex Smith is lights out in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_3p3dmpC1M

Watch that video of his game trying drive against the Saints. Do you realize Kyle Orton is leading the league in passing? That is how Denver plays on nearly every snap. And while Denver isn't an elite team, they are one with a winning record that competes in nearly every game.

Say whaaaaaaaaa

You've seen it.

Lights out?? Ive seen him play well in the spread but not lights out. The spread doesnt cure his innacuracy

What a passing offense does is not make every single pass super important. You can throw two or three bad ones in a row and still get it done because you throw so many.

Reason #47 why the Sing offense sucks: the Sing offense is supposed to make it easier on the QB, make him less important but it does exactly the opposite because every pass is a complete it or punt situation. This puts more, not less pressure on the QB and every incomplete is subject to endless scrutiny because each pass is almost a win or lose proposition.

Exactly. This is what ex-49er Dave Kopay was explaining as I watched the game with him this past Sunday as well. The way we play, we put unnecessary pressure on Smith. The offese is to dink and dunk. We just need to take shots down the field with our play-makers.

If you ever been to a niners game, and seen the whole field during a play, there are opportunitys missed down the field, because Smith either waits too long, or is afraid to throw the ball. He then looks for a checkdown reciever, or runs right to throw it out of bounds. He's playing not to f**k up, which leads to f**k ups. He needs to want to win the game on every play. Cant teach this stuff.

This is a make or break season for Alex...and Singletary. For whatever reasons, Coach has no faith in Carr. So, he sees Alex as the best option...bit unless he stops turning the ball over at critical points on the field, our offense will continue to struggle. I've pulled for Alex since he was drafted...I think he's had an uphill road, but at this point in his career, it's right to expect more from him. He's got to show he can take over a game...and so far, that hasn't happened. Saying the QB's only 1/11th of the team shows that Singletary doesn't have full faith in Alex being able to get the job done. I wish it weren't true...because I have a lot of respect for Alex's commitment and work ethic, but the BL is you have to win games. We have the talent to win the NFC West...and at 0-4, there really are no more excuses...not from Alex nor Singletary.
Share 49ersWebzone