There are 138 users in the forums

Sounds like this may be Smith's last opportunity.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i'm just sick of how many chances Smith gets on this team just because he was our #1 pick!!!

you could see this guy just doesn't have it, he doesn't!!! ole' happy non accurate passing feet of a pathetic QB we got!!!

get rid of this guy, so we can start over at the QB position. i'm even up for letting Davis play out the season to see what he can do...
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
i'm just sick of how many chances Smith gets on this team just because he was our #1 pick!!!

you could see this guy just doesn't have it, he doesn't!!! ole' happy non accurate passing feet of a pathetic QB we got!!!

get rid of this guy, so we can start over at the QB position. i'm even up for letting Davis play out the season to see what he can do...

I've kept my mouth shut and backed the guy long enough.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

2010 offense has better players than 2006 offense.

Yet Alex Smith is still making the same mistakes and playing worse in 2010.

Note: whenever Alex has been "Free'd" bad things have happened. There's a reason why we are conservative on offense.
What I don't get is the emotional attachment some people have with Alex Smith, I mean why?

Like, "Lets keep re-building the team around Alex, and keep firing coaches, and firing coordinators, and changing offenses in the middle of the season, ALL FOR ALEX, because if he leaves he will be an all-pro somewhere else!!!" .....why!?
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 5, 2010 at 12:56 PM ]
I agree whatever "it" is Smith does not have, I cannot get over the second pick Alex through in the ATL game, just stared down his receiver the whole time, a rookie supposed to make that mistake not a 6th year vet, just makes me wonder what's he seeing out there on the field or not seeing .....
Originally posted by verb1der:
What I don't get is the emotional attachment some people have with Alex Smith, I mean why?

Like, "Lets keep re-building the team around Alex, and keep firing coaches, and firing coordinators, and changing offenses in the middle of the season, ALL FOR ALEX, because if he leaves he will be an all-pro somewhere else!!!" .....why!?

lmao
Originally posted by Joecool:

Note: whenever Alex has been "Free'd" bad things have happened. There's a reason why we are conservative on offense.

I think this was more of the reason why Lewis left than people think. I could be totally wrong, but when the big offensive guys like Gore, Davis and Morgan all started praising Smith, before the season started, it sounded more like they were trying to convince themselves than anyone else. I feel the defense is really wanting a change. If you're playing your ass off, bad game or not and you get the same old results from the offense, I'm sure some guys are going to eventually let show in their play. Like I said I could be very wrong.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
If Smith does play the way you hope he will... all that really does is show more to his inconsitency. I want him to be a good QB, but there is far more evidence to the contrary. At some point, you just have to cut your losses.

Some stars aren't born over night. Sometimes a switch just needs to go off. If Smith ends up leaving the 49ers, I won't be surprised if he becomes all-pro somewhere else.

Smith's switch is off alright.

LB
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by verb1der:

A) Millions of dollars tied up in him
B) Baseless blind faith and hope, and the desire to save face with a very bad decision
C) He is a very likeable person with none of the typical attitudinal and work ethic attributes of a full out #1 overall draft bust
D) Legitimate circumstances that have been used to extrapolate that he has never been properly given a chance to play and show his potential (AKA Alexcuses®)

It is us being conservative on offense that is hampering Smith. When he gets to throw the ball more than five yards down the field, he connects more often than not.

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

It is us being conservative on offense that is hampering Smith. When he gets to throw the ball more than five yards down the field, he connects more often than not.

So far, only if the receiver is wide open, for the most part. I'm sure we have passed more this year but the passes have been checked down whenever a receiver isn't wide open.
much to my chingrin, Smith will do just enough this season to not lose his job. I know it.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I can see it now, all the people still supporting this guy, "Singletary has lost his freakin' mind! He wants to bench Smith just because of ONE bad game against Atlanta?"

More like 6 years worth of bad games. He has 1 good game out of every 4 and then everyone keeps pointing to that 1 game and erasing the other 3 out of their memory. This year, it's the Saints game. I supported this guy until this year. I've seen enough. This year was the year to prove that he's an NFL QB. He's proven the opposite. Same dumb mistakes over and over again. He just doesn't have it. Look, good QBs like Montana and Young...they're consistent. If you want to praise a guy for having a good game once in a while, then the guy should be a rookie, like Sam Bradford or something, not a freakin' 6-year vet. At this stage he should be having good SEASONS, not just good games every once in a while.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
much to my chingrin, Smith will do just enough this season to not lose his job. I know it.

That would suck. What would not suck is if he became a consistent QB. I've given up hope on that, though.
Originally posted by B650:
I can see it now, all the people still supporting this guy, "Singletary has lost his freakin' mind! He wants to bench Smith just because of ONE bad game against Atlanta?"

More like 6 years worth of bad games. He has 1 good game out of every 4 and then everyone keeps pointing to that 1 game and erasing the other 3 out of their memory. This year, it's the Saints game. I supported this guy until this year. I've seen enough. This year was the year to prove that he's an NFL QB. He's proven the opposite. Same dumb mistakes over and over again. He just doesn't have it. Look, good QBs like Montana and Young...they're consistent. If you want to praise a guy for having a good game once in a while, then the guy should be a rookie, like Sam Bradford or something, not a freakin' 6-year vet. At this stage he should be having good SEASONS, not just good games every once in a while.

No one has said any of that in this thread. Next.
Share 49ersWebzone