LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 366 users in the forums

One reason Singletary is becoming unlikeable...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by wailers15:
People will like him again once we start winning. Don't worry, winning cures everything.

lol bulls**t not me. i saw this comign a mile away, and his press conference after the atl game booked it. He is not a HC in this league. He doesn't understand what it takes to be a head coach, rah rah rah doesn't get u into the playoffs, X's & O's, hell he's patheitc when it comes to addressing the media. Hell he has a meltdown with dennis o'donnel. pathetic

If we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

If Rod Marenilli went 16-0 Detroit Lions wouldn't want him fired too. I really don't get your point. You can the same thing about every coach that has existed. If they won you wouldn't want them fired.

Really
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Make up your mind.

You don't want him to rant and be all over youtube, and you don't want him to be humble.

WTF

Bipolar fans

THIS!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
People will like him again once we start winning. Don't worry, winning cures everything.

lol bulls**t not me. i saw this comign a mile away, and his press conference after the atl game booked it. He is not a HC in this league. He doesn't understand what it takes to be a head coach, rah rah rah doesn't get u into the playoffs, X's & O's, hell he's patheitc when it comes to addressing the media. Hell he has a meltdown with dennis o'donnel. pathetic

If we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

If Rod Marenilli went 16-0 Detroit Lions wouldn't want him fired too. I really don't get your point. You can the same thing about every coach that has existed. If they won you wouldn't want them fired.

Really

Would you still want him fired if we went 12-4?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Make up your mind.

You don't want him to rant and be all over youtube, and you don't want him to be humble.

WTF

Bipolar fans

LMFAO
Integrity, to me is when your words match you actions. The more exact the match the more integrity you have.

You tell me you are going to help me move and don't show up. lack of integrity.

Singletary's mouth is writing checks that bounce!

"I want winners"
"Don't tell me show me"
"I don't believe in moral victories"

These things sound great and are inspiring, but are hardly realistic, and leave no room for anything but success.

Singletary has painted himself in to a corner, and despite all his good intentions, looks like a fool.

You want winners, don't put losers like Alex and Chilo on the field

Show me a better game plan

Give us some real victories

Until these thing happen, Singletary will look like a blowhard and a loser!
Matt Maiocco
Mike Singletary said he didn't shake hands with Falcons coach Mike Smith: "It was poor sportsmanship on my behalf."

Another proof of why Sing is a dumb@ss, but doesn't realize it until he ponders on it for a few days.

Good job coach!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Integrity, to me is when your words match you actions. The more exact the match the more integrity you have.

You tell me you are going to help me move and don't show up. lack of integrity.

Singletary's mouth is writing checks that bounce!

"I want winners"
"Don't tell me show me"
"I don't believe in moral victories"

These things sound great and are inspiring, but are hardly realistic, and leave no room for anything but success.

Singletary has painted himself in to a corner, and despite all his good intentions, looks like a fool.

You want winners, don't put losers like Alex and Chilo on the field

Show me a better game plan

Give us some real victories

Until these thing happen, Singletary will look like a blowhard and a loser!

I agree!
Originally posted by bret:

But we're NOT 4-0, and we've never been 4-0 with Sing as coach!

Regardless, if we were 4-0 you wouldn't be feeling the way you currently do, and would not want him fired. Period.

As long as we're throwing hypothetical ideas out there, in order for us to be 4-0 right now, we'd have to have a team that had been better prepared, better coached, with a decent game plan, and with decent adjustments during the games. And if Sing had done all of that, making us 4-0, then you are correct, we wouldn't be feeling that way. BUT, he didn't do any of that, the team is unprepared, poorly coached, doesn't have an identity, makes no adjustments during the game, and apparently doesn't make any adjustments between games. In order for us to be 4-0, Sing would have to be doing the right things...he'd have to be coaching well.

So your 4-0 scenario really doesn't apply, because in order for that to have happened, Sing would have to have been a different coach than what he has been. We're 0-4, and IMO, it is mostly due to his actions/inactions.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
my problem with Singletary is that he did nothing to improve as a coach this offseason. I think he is realizing his limitations and I think he is surprised by them, which is kind of sad. BUT I think he can still become a good HC, though it might take him more time than we have.

Right now, Singletary is working his tail off to try and learn this. But in the offseason, that's when you take the time to get that done, and I'm not sure how hard he worked this offseason getting that done. So when I talk about work ethic, you just can't turn it on and turn it off, and now to come to 0-4 and say "I'm really trying. I'm really trying." You know what? The offseason when we were in the OTAs, the minicamps and all those things, that's when you have to get that done.

The offseason is when you have to stay up and drive your family crazy and look at film and answer all the questions you possibly can. I'm not sure he did that. So right now, it's a lot he has to get in a short amount of time. Hopefully, he can do that. I don't know. We'll see.
Share 49ersWebzone