LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 428 users in the forums

One reason Singletary is becoming unlikeable...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have been trying to put into words why I feel people are starting to sour on Singletary besides the obvious poor team performance and I think I found it....HUMILITY....Now Im not talking about being a pansy but a very good example...I was watching Tony Sparano's post-game presser and he stated this regarding the teams performance: "It was very embarrassing and the fans deserve more that this"...Singletary owes us at least that much but instead feeds us garbage like Alex performed very well! Obviously he does not respect the fans enough to be humble and honest with them and I think that is what pisses me off the most...besides losing!
I once thought Singletary was a leader of young men, a person who could get the best out of everyone. And while he did showcase those talents at one point in time, it now appears to have been just a flash in the pan.
Make up your mind.

You don't want him to rant and be all over youtube, and you don't want him to be humble.

WTF

Bipolar fans
He needs to stay out of the offensive game planning, I would hope the F.O would have enough smarts to bring in an offensive consultant to help clean up this mess, Singletarys philosophy is gonna sink this team
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Make up your mind.

You don't want him to rant and be all over youtube, and you don't want him to be humble.

WTF

Bipolar fans

Huh? I dont understand what this has to do with what I said. I didnt mention ranting or youtube and I DO want him to be humble...I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to get across. And I'm far from bi-polar....still watching the games every week and hoping for the turning point...I just expected more from Singletary as a man.
People will like him again once we start winning. Don't worry, winning cures everything.
I can think of alot more than one reason to dislike MS. He needs a clown suit as that's about all I see when I look at him.
For me its more like "does Singletary want to be a RUN team to setup the pass" or vice versa. I clearly don't get want kind of temple his is trying to put together for each game.
i am bi-polar
Originally posted by weezie49er:
I have been trying to put into words why I feel people are starting to sour on Singletary besides the obvious poor team performance and I think I found it....HUMILITY....Now Im not talking about being a pansy but a very good example...I was watching Tony Sparano's post-game presser and he stated this regarding the teams performance: "It was very embarrassing and the fans deserve more that this"...Singletary owes us at least that much but instead feeds us garbage like Alex performed very well! Obviously he does not respect the fans enough to be humble and honest with them and I think that is what pisses me off the most...besides losing!

True Dat. I am who I am and I do what I do but I am true to myself. Sing is not being true to the principles of that wooden thing he carries around his neck.

if Clements had gone down like he was supposed to and not thinking about doing the damn Dougie dance instead of securing the ball, Sing would be more likeable this week , I'm sure of it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't like the fact he never assumes any responsibility when things don't go well. He is like a politician, it is always someone else's fault and he points fingers.
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't like the fact he never assumes any responsibility when things don't go well. He is like a politician, it is always someone else's fault and he points fingers.

He's Nolan jr.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
He's no doubt losing the locker room as well with all the contradictions. 'Ray is my OC for the rest of the season' next morning - Ray fired. Telling Lewis he's the starter and then changing that in the same week and so on.
As long as we are losing, he'll be unlikeable. He could say it's his fault or point the finger, but neither of those will put a check in the W column.
Share 49ersWebzone