There are 175 users in the forums

Winners vs. Losers: About Execution

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Method:

Method, our hopes were for the entire team, but, IMO, non so much so than Alex Smith. Everything rode on this kid's shoulders offensively, everything. His inconsistency cost us several games, not just one. Also, he continues to display the same ol stuff week in and out, failure above else.

They execute, the entire team. They just do it inconsistently especially the QB.

That's what losing us the games at all levels.

Inconsistency.

I disagree.

I feel like this team was supposed to be built around a "great defense." There's definitely inconsistency from the Quarterback, but there's never been anyone saying he has to be the most efficient player for this team to win. Never. Everyone, including Singletary, has said that this team is supposed to be built around their defense. Right now it looks like it's a 20-23rd defense, not top 8 like I was hoping. If this team was top 8 defensively, we'd be in every game no matter how our offense plays, and the way Singletary built the offense, it would be hard for them to have any consistency at all because the game plan's have been terrible under Jimmy Raye. Maybe now with Mike Johnson the offense can do better, but I guess they have to be better then our defense?

Method you said it right there. For the past few weeks, i've been saying that no one looks at the Defense. And in the NO game, those that say nay, Smith did put the game on his shoulders, and brought us back. Our top D, is what caved in.

In the Falcons game, Smith and Ryan threw for 1 TD, and 2 int's, but the Falcons helped their Qb with good D. Ours had the game wrapped up with i think 52 seconds and let them come all the way back.

People can just focus on the QB, because it is one of the most important positions. However, this week, and in all weeks past, Qb's have been playing horrible, but another aspect of the team steps up. With us, it's like just like they say with Smith.

Everything has to be perfect in order for us to win. Like it or not the NO game and Falcons were ugly games as some would call it. But it's the great teams that get it done in the end. And we were in the NO, and Falcons game up until the last minute, and the D fell apart. I say give Smith his blame, but also point at the reality that the D didnt hold when we needed them most.

I agree that both Alex and the D came with high expectations and both have failed to reach them.

Still, Alex has been the constant inconsistent member of this team. We are talking about a difference between one person's VS a squad's impact on this team. I have been Alex's staunch supporter through out the years, but this was the year. This one.

And he has failed miserably even in the NO game.

I still say we have been inconsistent in all facets of the game, but none so much as the QB position.

I hear ya about the D and they too deserve much of the blame, but the top of the inconsistent totem pole is Alex's face.

How did Smith fail in the NO game? What?
Originally posted by Leathaface:

It's not the same thing b/c Wilson isn't having a part in keeping the lead through 8 innings.

The D held them to 16 pts, period. You should win when you do that, on the road.

The offense scored SEVEN points Meth, SEVEN!!!

I agree. I said Alex sucked, so did our offense. If the entirety of the offensive failures falls on Smith's shoulders, ok. He sucked and should be benched.

Niners lost this game in the final two minutes, not in the first 58. If the Defense can't get a stop on a 3rd and 15, when can they get one? What the hell is so hard to understand here? I'm putting the loss on the defense, but that doesn't mean Alex shouldn't get the blame for the first 58 minutes. It was his fault it was so close, but the defense should still be able to get us the win regardless of Alex especially when we're up with 2 minutes remaining.

Perfectly said! The hate blinds people to your simple statements and they will never get over it.

Method, our hopes were for the entire team, but, IMO, non so much so than Alex Smith. Everything rode on this kid's shoulders offensively, everything. His inconsistency cost us several games, not just one. Also, he continues to display the same ol stuff week in and out, failure above else.

They execute, the entire team. They just do it inconsistently especially the QB.

Inconsistency.

I disagree.

I feel like this team was supposed to be built around a "great defense." There's definitely inconsistency from the Quarterback, but there's never been anyone saying he has to be the most efficient player for this team to win. Never. Everyone, including Singletary, has said that this team is supposed to be built around their defense. Right now it looks like it's a 20-23rd defense, not top 8 like I was hoping. If this team was top 8 defensively, we'd be in every game no matter how our offense plays, and the way Singletary built the offense, it would be hard for them to have any consistency at all because the game plan's have been terrible under Jimmy Raye. Maybe now with Mike Johnson the offense can do better, but I guess they have to be better then our defense?

Method you said it right there. For the past few weeks, i've been saying that no one looks at the Defense. And in the NO game, those that say nay, Smith did put the game on his shoulders, and brought us back. Our top D, is what caved in.

In the Falcons game, Smith and Ryan threw for 1 TD, and 2 int's, but the Falcons helped their Qb with good D. Ours had the game wrapped up with i think 52 seconds and let them come all the way back.

People can just focus on the QB, because it is one of the most important positions. However, this week, and in all weeks past, Qb's have been playing horrible, but another aspect of the team steps up. With us, it's like just like they say with Smith.

Everything has to be perfect in order for us to win. Like it or not the NO game and Falcons were ugly games as some would call it. But it's the great teams that get it done in the end. And we were in the NO, and Falcons game up until the last minute, and the D fell apart. I say give Smith his blame, but also point at the reality that the D didnt hold when we needed them most.

I agree that both Alex and the D came with high expectations and both have failed to reach them.

Still, Alex has been the constant inconsistent member of this team. We are talking about a difference between one person's VS a squad's impact on this team. I have been Alex's staunch supporter through out the years, but this was the year. This one.

I still say we have been inconsistent in all facets of the game, but none so much as the QB position.

I hear ya about the D and they too deserve much of the blame, but the top of the inconsistent totem pole is Alex's face.

Come on man, Alex came thru for us clutch in the New Orleans game. He didn't light it up all game but when we had to have it, he and the offense rose up and scored.

And yeah, Alex derseves his blame but if the D holds New Orleans during the last drive everyone would have been saying how Alex finally showed why we drafted him.
Originally posted by rk1642:

Come on man, Alex came thru for us clutch in the New Orleans game. He didn't light it up all game but when we had to have it, he and the offense rose up and scored.

And yeah, Alex derseves his blame but if the D holds New Orleans during the last drive everyone would have been saying how Alex finally showed why we drafted him.

He did well

But thats the problem

for every one good game he has, he has 5 bad/horrible games.

We've seen what he can be, but he doesnt show it on a consistent basis. His win/loss record indicates that

Its time to move on after this season regardless.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by rk1642:

He did well

But thats the problem

for every one good game he has, he has 5 bad/horrible games.

We've seen what he can be, but he doesnt show it on a consistent basis. His win/loss record indicates that

Its time to move on after this season regardless.

he made a few good throws on our last offensive drive in the falcons game, the oline just failed to pick up that block on the grounding call, or he had someone open.

The D needs help.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Inconsistency.

I disagree.

How did Smith fail in the NO game? What?

well he threw a knuckleball to walker which caused him to not be able to secure it and so he fumbled.

and i do not remeber the other red zone TO. i tend to block out most of niner games now as they are so painful.
More woulda, shoulda, coulda because that's all we got.
Share 49ersWebzone