There are 230 users in the forums

With all the hype about firing the HC

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is it really worth it to fire MS and lose our core star players?

MS is the only reason VD changed mentality. Could possibly want out if sing is gone.
Willis gets better with MS's knowledge at LB. Could possibly want out if sing is gone and any other player who wants Sing to stay could jump ship.

All the HC 's out there wouldn't be available if they were still winning.

So, is it really worth losing players and fire a HC for Turnovers, O Line not manning up, and QB mistakes?
I'm pretty sure that even VD and Willis realize that Singletary is a great role model and a good man, but a terrible NFL HC who is a liability every Sunday.
I personally think VD is having a so so season after signing his big conttract. I just see him laughing on the side line, as the Niners are losing.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

not fire him and you will. Hahah
no player is going to want to leave because sing is fired. in fact, it looks like the players want to leave because the is the coach

MS is the only reason VD changed mentality. Could possibly want out if sing is gone.
Willis gets better with MS's knowledge at LB. Could possibly want out if sing is gone and any other player who wants Sing to stay could jump ship.

So, is it really worth losing players and fire a HC for Turnovers, O Line not manning up, and QB mistakes?

If so then let em leave. We could trade em for a high first rounder in the draft so we can get a good QB. I would rather see vernon go then P willy. Delaine Walker is a great TE so he can step into his place.
Bulls**t dude VD wants to win. Thinking he is playing so so on purpose is purely made up. He hasn't even dropped a pass that I can remember. When given the ball this year all he has done is make plays.
Patrick Willis, and Vernon Davis both signed long term deals, before the start of this season. There is no danger of losing them. They are both driven players, that above all want to win. Sing deserves credit for helping Davis focus his energy properly, but eventually, the head coach needs to lead the team to victories. Victories with the player's personal development is not enough.

Didn't VD and Willis just sign long term contract extensions? They aren't going anywhere.
Players want a system that allows them to excel. Hard to think any player is thinking that BM is helping them any...

• tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I'm not sold on the fact that if we lose these player the 49ers can't win. The league is too fluid with FA and great drafting. If you have a great personnel guy that makes great decisions and a really good coach who understands the game, a coach who's a visionary, you will win with very "average" teams. I've said this before - it's great to have the horses, but it simply doesn't guarantee success - or a win for that matter. The 49ers outplayed Atlanta and New Orleans and were blown out by less talented Seattle and Kansas City. Tell me how our being more talented (on paper) helped us win those game?

Talent means nothing if the scheme and the coaching is holding that talent back.

Good point.

This article seems to prove your point:

"It opened up just like coach drew it up on the board, so you execute and things like that happen," Chung said, per Andy Kent of FanHouse. "That's something coach saw. I mean, we just practiced everything that happened in that game -- all those blocks, and people doing their job. I give it to them. If they're not doing their job nothing happens. So we executed. Coach drew it up and it happened just like he did it."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/05/patrick-chung-patriots-played-just-like-the-coaches-drew-it-up/#comments
Why not find another position for Singletary? Put him in charge of player relations. He is phenomenal in handling immature players an underachievers.
They probably will feel bad until the new HC comes in and they start winning.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I'm pretty sure that even VD and Willis realize that Singletary is a great role model and a good man, but a terrible NFL HC who is a liability every Sunday.

Co-signed
Originally posted by 9erred:
I personally think VD is having a so so season after signing his big conttract. I just see him laughing on the side line, as the Niners are losing.

seriously? He has alot of catches given the amount of targets he has? he's on Pace for an 80 catch season. That's fantastic for a TE
Share 49ersWebzone