LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

My Thoughts on the end of the 1st quarter of the season...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here are my thoughts:

Alex Smith sucks. He doesn't hit receivers in stride. They have to run up 10 yards and stop before he will throw it.

A lot of our players deserver better.

Frank Gore will not make it 16 games if he is in on 99% of the plays

I'm not on the Mike Johnson bandwagon. I would like to be but he called 3 draws in a row. 3 in a row. He also ran the ball up the middle on 2nd long. Sure he is new but thats nothing different that Raye.

I am being dragged down the street by the Singletary bandwagon. I jumped off but my foot got stuck so I am still kinda on it. I realize he isn't a good coach but I still like the man (no homo)

Michael Lewis and K. Balmer are quitters.
Failure with an Ph.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
- Our 2-minute defense is terrible.

Most 2-minute defenses are, that's why so many games end on last minute field goals.

A two minute defense has been exposed to four quarters worth of problem solving, it is exhausted, and it's facing four downs worth of no huddle. Add to that the out of the box advantages that an offense holds over the defense and you have a recipe for disaster.

Many of the chicken littles on this forum would insist, rather vehemently, that this is a clock management problem and subsequently a coaching issue, but a lot of this comes down to dumb luck.

Irrespective of how we've screwed ourselves into getting stuck in 2-minute defenses, nobody's 2-minute defense is a lock down defense.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:16 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Teh Falcons didn't beat us .

We beat ourselves.

Like I have been saying I think we are 3-1 in beating ourselves. The only game I think we should have lost is KC. Even that game it was 10-3 at half and we fell apart in the 2nd half because of dumb mistakes.

That's a good point and suddenly gave me a hint of optimisim. We were in in complete control in Seattle and then melted down, we beat the Saints but for a few stupid fumbles that took points off the board, and if Clements tucks the ball we beat the Falcons. The Chiefs thrashed us, but at 3-1 I would be perfectly content with one bad loss.
12-4 here we come... or maybe at 9-7 and win the west????
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Teh Falcons didn't beat us .

We beat ourselves.

Like I have been saying I think we are 3-1 in beating ourselves. The only game I think we should have lost is KC. Even that game it was 10-3 at half and we fell apart in the 2nd half because of dumb mistakes.

That's a good point and suddenly gave me a hint of optimisim. We were in in complete control in Seattle and then melted down, we beat the Saints but for a few stupid fumbles that took points off the board, and if Clements tucks the ball we beat the Falcons. The Chiefs thrashed us, but at 3-1 I would be perfectly content with one bad loss.
12-4 here we come... or maybe at 9-7 and win the west????

If, ands and buts like candy and nuts. We are who we are, an immature team that doesn't know how to win yet.
Share 49ersWebzone