LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Atleast we lead the league in Dougie's

lol you know exactly what the dbs have been doing at the end of practice

More like what they've been doing up in the club with the honeys.
It's up there.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Music City Miracle.

Without question.
  • B650
  • Veteran
It was nice, but not the greatest...come on now. I've seen far better. How about the FG return for a TD (yes, FG) against us by Nathan Vasher?

[ Edited by B650 on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:00 AM ]
it's one thing to run one in for a td, but to run one in for game winning td is much better, of course.

but what he had done there was something that hasn't been done before (not the exact same way) - tippy-toe-in-bounds-ballerina-catch thrown to him by a qb trying to avoid a defender. what focus, such determination, such skills this specimen has.

if that was a game-winning ST touchdown, that would be top 3.

OR maybe i'm just homerizing on his jock cause he one of ours
Originally posted by B650:
It was nice, but not the greatest...come on now. I've seen far better. How about the FG return for a TD (yes, FG) against us by Nathan Vasher?

Same play by Hester lol

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:10 AM ]
I could have done that said the Roman!

It ranks about 1,236,765th overall.

There have been scores of times where guys block punts or field goals, recover them and run for TD. Gaines Adams for Clemson was a classic.

63 yard field goals, that is not very impressive. Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam ring a bell?

The Play- Stanford-Cal, only the greatest football play ever, which took place, wait.....ON SPECIAL TEAMS....ONE THE LAST PLAY OF A GAME.

The Music City Miracle won a frickin' playoff game.

Look, it was a nice toe toucher, something that all elementary school kids practice in street football. But, the greatest ever? Come on.

The board sinks, once again, to an all-time low. Over 40% yes. Scary.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:08 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

There have been scores of times where guys block punts or field goals, recover them and run for TD. Gaines Adams for Clemson was a classic.

63 yard field goals, that is not very impressive. Tom Dempsey and Jason Elam ring a bell?

The Play- Stanford-Cal, only the greatest football play ever, which took place, wait.....ON SPECIAL TEAMS....ONE THE LAST PLAY OF A GAME.

Look, it was a nice toe toucher, something that all elementary school kids practice in street football. But, the greatest ever? Come on.

Lawdog, you don't understand, to us, with all the disappointment in the past 8 years from the 9ers, that play, from one of our rookie safeties and special teamers blocking that punt, is one of the greatest plays ever. And it would be at 100% had we won that game.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Lawdog, you don't understand, to us, with all the disappointment in the past 8 years from the 9ers, that play, from one of our rookie safeties and special teamers blocking that punt, is one of the greatest plays ever. And it would be at 100% had we won that game.

I understand the disappointment, but for anyone to say that was the greatest special teams play of all time is stupid.

There have been field goals that have won Super Bowls and National Championship Games. Steve O'Neal punted the ball 98 yards in 1969. Even Randall Cunningham, a QB, punted 91 in an NFL game. Devin Hester, 108 yard return off a missed field goal. Nathan Vasher against the Niners. The Garo Yepremian play in the Dolphins-Redskins Super Bowl. I could make a list from here to LA on "greater" plays. On-side kicks returned for TD's (USC-UCLA).

This is where Niners fan hysteria becomes idiotic. This play is not even a top 1000 play in special teams history.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:28 AM ]

THE PLAY

Can't believe not one person in the world remembers this. Come on, people, rally. This one play is called...THE PLAY. There is no greater.

Can we now officially poop can this thread? It is giving me a migraine.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:37 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
THE PLAY

Can't believe not one person in the world remembers this. Come on, people, rally. This one play is called...THE PLAY. There is no greater.

too bad the dude was tackled at the 50
Originally posted by modninerfan:
its funny because I saw the exact same play the day before at the Fresno State game against Cal Poly.

1:45 ball is tipped and the defender grabs the ball with just his toes in bound.

Not even close mod. The ball was on the ground in this clip. Mays caught that sh!t out the air and did his best Micheal Jackson toe tap impersonation. The Bulldog play was d3c3nt but not on the same level.

Mays is solid.

And guys come on Goldson is not as bad as you all make him out to be. It's a PASSING LEAGUE and Manusky guessed wrong. It happens. Most of the game our Defense was smacking them around and our Offense kept them off the field. Unfortunately for us White made a heads up play on the ball, kept our Defense on the field and they were gassed. It happens like that sometimes.

~Ceadder
It was an amazing play by a rookie......good job. The greatest?.......No.
THE PLAY

Too bad there was no Instant Replay in College ball at that time. 21 was down and the Refs let the play go.

I hate Cal for that play.

Besides, no way in hell any other team in NCAA where the game will not stop because of someone besides the 22 players are on the field. Can't believe the knucklehead Refs let the downed player go on with the play, and THEN let the Stanford Band come out onto the field.

Cal sucks.

Oh and Music City Miracle was a foward lateral. Bad juju by the crummy Officials.

Best play probably not. Mays was great but Hearst 99 yard Game Winning TD from Scrimmage to end an OT game against the Jets was pure gold. Not ST play but worth the memory.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 5, 2010 at 6:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone