LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the Taylor Mays T.D. the GREATEST S.T. play that you've ever seen?!!!

• mod
  • Veteran
the play... /thread

edit: nevermind lol, I never actually witnessed this
[ Edited by modninerfan on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:48 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't know about that. But he's an impressive athlete. And I didn't realize his body control was that good for a big guy. Plus his field area awarness. There were some real good things to see on that play. Granted it's just one play. But a lessor athlete could not make that play IMO.

Agreed.

That was a f**king stellar play. Michael Lewis would have broken his fibula trying to catch that ball. Goldson wouldn't have been near it because he f**king SUCKS.

Yo Goldson, it's 3rd and 15, how about covering someone you numbnut motherf**ker?!

cosigned. I saw Goldson get burned a lot. It's like they were going at him over and over again. They didn't go after TMays that much even though he's a rookie. Goldson got exposed

True.

btw Sorry mod, I'll try to stop my excessive cursing, just thinking about how poorly Goldson played got me very pissed. everyone blames alex but not many players showed up yesterday.
[ Edited by Method on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:38 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
^^^ That looked like the one foot college rule was in effect though.

he got two feet in though... if it were NFL rules it would have been good as well

I can see your point though... I still think trying to catch a bouncing football is much more difficult than one in the air.

what mays play so good was that he was looking at the ball in the air and not at the ground.
I don't know about that. But he's an impressive athlete. And I didn't realize his body control was that good for a big guy. Plus his field area awarness. There were some real good things to see on that play. Granted it's just one play. But a lessor athlete could not make that play IMO.

Agreed.

That was a f**king stellar play. Michael Lewis would have broken his fibula trying to catch that ball. Goldson wouldn't have been near it because he f**king SUCKS.

Yo Goldson, it's 3rd and 15, how about covering someone you numbnut motherf**ker?!

cosigned. I saw Goldson get burned a lot. It's like they were going at him over and over again. They didn't go after TMays that much even though he's a rookie. Goldson got exposed

True.

btw Sorry mod, I'll try to stop my excessive cursing, just thinking about how poorly Goldson played got me very pissed. everyone blames alex but not many players showed up yesterday.

Did you notice they went at Goldson on I think both 3rd and longs with the game on the line dude? Like I said before he got straight up exposed. I thought for the most part everyone else on the D was solid, but Manusky's play calling went to crap after Nate fumbled.
Music City Miracle.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It was great and all, but I don't know about greatest. The first thing that pops in my head is the Music City Miracle:

To win a playoff game with nothing left on the clock is pretty got dayum great.

forward pass.

RIP to McNair though. That's a trip.

Did you notice they went at Goldson on I think both 3rd and longs with the game on the line dude? Like I said before he got straight up exposed. I thought for the most part everyone else on the D was solid, but Manusky's play calling went to crap after Nate fumbled.

There were two or three third and 10+ yard plays that the Falcons converted. On one of those two, I feel like we should have taken a timeout, regrouped our players because that stop is pretty much the game. On both of those plays, they go to Goldson's side, even Maiocco mentioned this on a twitter during the game (Falcons were passing to Goldson and not Mays).

Lastly, if anyone ever calls this a great or even very good defense, I'll be pissed. A very good defense can make a stop on 3rd and 15 every f**king time.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Atleast we lead the league in Dougie's

lol you know exactly what the dbs have been doing at the end of practice
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

or

you know what that idiot Nate Clements was thinking on Sunday.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Agreed.

True.

Thanks Method, appreciate it.

But yah, if Sing is not gonna make a change on offense, than Goldson needs to be on a short leash. Too many times has he given up big plays this year, I'm willing to bet that Reggie Smith is a much better deep cover Safety than Goldson.

And I noticed more times than not that plays were being made on the opposite side of Mays. Mays pretty much had to come from the other side of the field to help out with tackling. I'm not saying he didn't make mistakes this past Sunday, but he proved to be more effective in coverage than Lewis. Lets hope he keeps it up.

As great of a play as that was I've seen a number of FGs blocked and run back for TDs in the last couple years alone. That much bigger (GREATER if you will) IMO. It's a 10 point play and a momentum killer. When they are punting their momentum has already been killed.

Also, Mays didn't need to jump. If he just planted his feet in bounds and waited an extra half second for the ball to fall into his hands it would have been a great play, but not looked so spectacular.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agreed.

Method please tone down your swearing, its getting a little excessive.

Goldson made him do it.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

or

you know what that idiot Nate Clements was thinking on Sunday.

he was afraid his dougie wasnt good enough
sure why not woohoo
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It was great and all, but I don't know about greatest. The first thing that pops in my head is the Music City Miracle:

To win a playoff game with nothing left on the clock is pretty got dayum great.

This
Share 49ersWebzone