There are 165 users in the forums

Leading the NFL in interceptions....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by TXNinerFan52:
Yes Alex has 7 interceptions, but yall fail to mention he has pretty good company. Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, and Sam Bradford all have 6 Interceptions. There's not a big difference between 6 and 7 Ints.

Everyone on this board ragged Alex for his second interception. To me it was a good play by the defenders and maybe Alex staring down the receiver. Matt Ryan's interception to Nate Clements was worse in my opinion than Alex's Int., but no one mention it on this board. On the play Nate sat in the zone and read Matt's eyes just like the Falcons defender read Alex eyes. When Matt threw the ball Nate jumped the route. It's not like Nate was covering a receiver and pealed back and made a good play like the Falcons defender did Alex pass.

After looking at the game again Alex did out play Matt until the last 2 minutes of the game.

My brother is right it's the nature of the NFL when things don't go right fans blame the QB and the head coach.

Difference between Smith and the QBs you mention. They Win games. I'm not just talking about beating up rubbish teams.

Eli won a super bowl. Rough patch right now but he'll bounce back.

Matt Hasselback continues to win games somehow.

Joe Flacco in a tough division and STILL WINNING GAMES. Oh but the defense is good right? SO WHAT. He attacks down the feild more times one game then I've seen smith do in four.

Brett Favre?? lets no even go there. No matter where that dude ends up that team is going to the Playoffs.

Sam Bradford ROOKIE QB that has two more wins under his belt already then Smith.

I'm not trying to bag you or anything its just that our QB FAILS to win big and BIG GAMES. Aren't you tired of seeing him check down too often??? And when they go three and out....don't you want him to get into Davis's face for not turning his head when he should? Or at least YELL at the O-line to do a better job blocking when he gets sacked?? Hell I want him to do that.

Don't you?

I'm as tiered as the next person seeing the 49ers lose, but my point is, is it all Alex fault? Did you realize we only had the ball once in the 4th quarter? We got the ball with 10:25 min. in the 4th. We held the ball for 15 plays, when we punted the ball to the Falcons there was only 3:40 left in the game. The Falcons held onto the ball the rest of the 3::40 except for the last 2 or 3 seconds in the game and the Clements interception. But our fans blame Alex for this loss.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by Shaj:
BTW, Hill threw for 331 yards in his last game for the Lions. Smith has thrown for 300+ yards only ONCE in his six year career.

he also threw the ball 52 times, when has smith done that? Both arent very good

Our coaches have never let Smith slang the ball around. Ever since Smith was drafted we've been a run first team. At this point I don't think Alex is the answer, but he's not playing as bad as everybody making him out to play. I think Alex would be a better QB if he would just grow some N_TS.
Yes Alex has 7 interceptions, but yall fail to mention he has pretty good company. Eli Manning, Matt Hasselbeck, Joe Flacco, Brett Favre, and Sam Bradford all have 6 Interceptions. There's not a big difference between 6 and 7 Ints.

Everyone on this board ragged Alex for his second interception. To me it was a good play by the defenders and maybe Alex staring down the receiver. Matt Ryan's interception to Nate Clements was worse in my opinion than Alex's Int., but no one mention it on this board. On the play Nate sat in the zone and read Matt's eyes just like the Falcons defender read Alex eyes. When Matt threw the ball Nate jumped the route. It's not like Nate was covering a receiver and pealed back and made a good play like the Falcons defender did Alex pass.

After looking at the game again Alex did out play Matt until the last 2 minutes of the game.

My brother is right it's the nature of the NFL when things don't go right fans blame the QB and the head coach.

Difference between Smith and the QBs you mention. They Win games. I'm not just talking about beating up rubbish teams.

Joe Flacco in a tough division and STILL WINNING GAMES. Oh but the defense is good right? SO WHAT. He attacks down the feild more times one game then I've seen smith do in four.

Brett Favre?? lets no even go there. No matter where that dude ends up that team is going to the Playoffs.

Sam Bradford ROOKIE QB that has two more wins under his belt already then Smith.

I'm not trying to bag you or anything its just that our QB FAILS to win big and BIG GAMES. Aren't you tired of seeing him check down too often??? And when they go three and out....don't you want him to get into Davis's face for not turning his head when he should? Or at least YELL at the O-line to do a better job blocking when he gets sacked?? Hell I want him to do that.

Don't you?

I'm as tiered as the next person seeing the 49ers lose, but my point is, is it all Alex fault? Did you realize we only had the ball once in the 4th quarter? We got the ball with 10:25 min. in the 4th. We held the ball for 15 plays, when we punted the ball to the Falcons there was only 3:40 left in the game. The Falcons held onto the ball the rest of the 3::40 except for the last 2 or 3 seconds in the game and the Clements interception. But our fans blame Alex for this loss.

Yes losing is the teams fault for losing BUT 49er fans are just fed up with the same Captin Check down game-after-game. Now I don't go to the games so I can't see all the plays develop. Most of what I see on tv is the O-line, Alex, and the 1st down marker. After that its where the ball ends up. And when the replay comes up there are times in each drive where there is someone open by at least two steps down the feild. But where does he throw it? The check down receiver.

Don't you?

Yes losing is the teams fault for losing BUT 49er fans are just fed up with the same Captin Check down game-after-game. Now I don't go to the games so I can't see all the plays develop. Most of what I see on tv is the O-line, Alex, and the 1st down marker. After that its where the ball ends up. And when the replay comes up there are times in each drive where there is someone open by at least two steps down the feild. But where does he throw it? The check down receiver.

If Alex is checking down all the time that sounds like a coaching problem to me. Against the Falcons I do recall Alex going up top to Crabtree and Morgan. As mention before we held the ball against the Falcons for almost 7 min. in the 4th quarter on one drive. We punted because Frank Gore didn't do his job and missed a blitz pick up on 3rd down and 4 yards to go.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Don't you?

If Alex is checking down all the time that sounds like a coaching problem to me. Against the Falcons I do recall Alex going up top to Crabtree and Morgan. As mention before we held the ball against the Falcons for almost 7 min. in the 4th quarter on one drive. We punted because Frank Gore didn't do his job and missed a blitz pick up on 3rd down and 4 yards to go.

How is checking down a coaching problem???

It looks like a "scared to attack" problem to me. I don't know why, but it seems like he took a step back as a passer this year. I was pretty proud of the kid last year the way he lit it up against the Texans and Seahawks......WTF happen this year. Same OC, more chemistry to work with in Morgan, Vernon D and Crabtree, now all of a sudden Frank Gore is the leading receiver. And tell me this, how does a rookie secondary (SS/FS) go untested in KC??
If Tree didn't cause 4 of them Smith would have 3 Picks.

But why should the details get in the way. They're just considered Alexcuses anyway.

~Ceadder
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

But why should the details get in the way. They're just considered Alexcuses anyway.

~Ceadder

And if Smith didn't checkdown so much he'd probably have more TD's.

~Ceadder

The same people who complain about Alexcuses sure give a lot of CrabtreEXCUSES. Not knowing the playbook, running the wrong routes, letting the ball bounce right off your hands when it hits you. Not good.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Don't you?

It looks like a "scared to attack" problem to me. I don't know why, but it seems like he took a step back as a passer this year. I was pretty proud of the kid last year the way he lit it up against the Texans and Seahawks......WTF happen this year. Same OC, more chemistry to work with in Morgan, Vernon D and Crabtree, now all of a sudden Frank Gore is the leading receiver. And tell me this, how does a rookie secondary (SS/FS) go untested in KC??

Went untested because our Line was not able to keep them off Smith long enough for the Receivers to get separation enough for Smith to throw at them. Pretty simple no?

~Ceadder

~Ceadder

Those same Checkdowns were the staple of the WCO. You cannot have it both ways as far as I am concerned.

EXACTLY Diego.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 5, 2010 at 11:04 PM ]

Originally posted by fly15:
BUST

Ignorant statement from an ignorant hater.Not calling you stupid. You just don't know what you're talking about so far as I am concerned. Look at the Saints game and put Smith in 2 minute drill where he can call his own plays. Not a bust, just not in the best situation to give him the ability to take over games like you fans want him to do.

~Ceadder
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Don't you?

Went untested because our Line was not able to keep them off Smith long enough for the Receivers to get separation enough for Smith to throw at them. Pretty simple no?

~Ceadder

Re-watch the game Smith had time, he was just playing scared.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

~Ceadder

Those same Checkdowns were the staple of the WCO. You cannot have it both ways as far as I am concerned.

EXACTLY Diego.

~Ceadder

LOL, but we aren't running a WCO.

But out of ALLLLLLL your debates and arguments Ceader, you can honestly tell me, Smith is not at fault or is playing as good as he should right now???

~Ceadder

EXACTLY Diego.

~Ceadder

LOL, but we aren't running a WCO.

But out of ALLLLLLL your debates and arguments Ceader, you can honestly tell me, Smith is not at fault or is playing as good as he should right now???

SIGH....I don't get it. If Sanchez drops one game againtst the Ravens...The media and fans killed him. Saying he was checking down TOO MUCH. So how did Sanchez respond by being a leader and winning against NE. Tom Brady and company got plain beat by Sanchez. He attacked down the feild and made smart deceisions to keep the offense on the feild to chew up the clock.

Pattern on Sanchez...does really horrible...media kills him for it. Yes up there in the East Coast they blame the QB. Now they put a lot of stress on Sanchez...And how does he repsond by winning the next game. Not only just do enough to win he wins convincingly. Oh AND Sanchez is only in his second year. Tells you a lot about Sanchez.
Share 49ersWebzone