LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Who's pulling the strings upstairs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fom everything I read in the off season, A. Smith spent numerous hours working out in Santa Clara. So, the guy we are seeing on sundays is at his peak, this is as good as he gets (all 6 years worth)!

The best thing about A. Smith's play this year, it may bring us some LUCK (from Stanford) when it's all said and done.

I can see why a coach would stick with this guy, I just can't see how owners that want to build a billion dollar stadium would stick by the guy!

I think it's pretty clear that someone upstairs has said 1. Get rid of old Jimmy Raye & 2. Bench Lewis and play the second round pick you chose and made us pay!

So why not hook the "roll right & throw it away champ"? I don't get it, maybe they have no faith in Carr, Smith, or Davis?

Your Thoughts?
This has been the most interesting question I have had thus far. I don't for a minute believe Singletary has complete control of this team.

It's pretty obvious when he says Jimmy Raye won't be fired then the next day he's done.

My biggest question concerns who decided to trade Shaun Hill? The same guy who did exactly what Singletary wanted. Controlled offense, no mistakes. let the defense win games.

I heard today that Shaun Hill was traded to eliminate competition for Alex Smith. As much as I bash Singletary as a head coach I can't see him wanting to get rid of Shaun.

Good Question

Geparaat
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
This has been the most interesting question I have had thus far. I don't for a minute believe Singletary has complete control of this team.

It's pretty obvious when he says Jimmy Raye won't be fired then the next day he's done.

My biggest question concerns who decided to trade Shaun Hill? The same guy who did exactly what Singletary wanted. Controlled offense, no mistakes. let the defense win games.

I heard today that Shaun Hill was traded to eliminate competition for Alex Smith. As much as I bash Singletary as a head coach I can't see him wanting to get rid of Shaun.

Good Question

I swear I just said the same thing in another thread!
I can't believe we have all of the guys I mentioned plus Westbrook/Walker/Ginn and he still can't get them the ball!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

Good Question

It's very weird but more than anything disheartening. Yet we all should hold on to hope for a fix this year and beyond. Mediocrity seems to be okay for the ownership.

Where you at SanDiego49er

Good Question

It's very weird but more than anything disheartening. Yet we all should hold on to hope for a fix this year and beyond. Mediocrity seems to be okay for the ownership.

Where you at SanDiego49er

This is weird because they should be looking for people to help finance the new stadium! You would think a true buisness man/woman would be pressuring the coaching staff to do whatever it takes to win right now!
God.
Great question. It could be that we have the only Team President in the NFL who has been asking his uncle what to do.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Great question. It could be that we have the only Team President in the NFL who has been asking his uncle what to do.

Sorry but I really doubt Jed has been asking Eddie what to do.

He sure needs to!

He sure needs to!

How about we just ask an experienced GM who has been in the NFL recently?

Good point, what would Eddy do? Hmmm, probably bring Sing into his office, the once with leather carpet, and make him answer a lot of hard questions. Then he would fire him.

It is just hard to imagine just why Sing is still here, what is being gained.
Originally posted by carlgo:

Good point, what would Eddy do? Hmmm, probably bring Sing into his office, the once with leather carpet, and make him answer a lot of hard questions. Then he would fire him.

It is just hard to imagine just why Sing is still here, what is being gained.

HOF status, we have had a killer soacial marketing campain ever since sing came on as head coach (Don't tell me, show me & Finish)! All flashy lights & company lines with very few results.
MC Hammer calls the shots, of course. His cover was almost blown on that Crabtree deal, but he shrugged it off pretty effectively to throw people off the trail.
Share 49ersWebzone