LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Matt Barrows opinion "If the 49ers don't make the playoffs I think he's gone.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That's what everyone said back in '07 about Nolan as the team was headed towards 5-11. You never know with the dumbass owners of this team. Either they'll keep him and make some cosmetic changes or they'll fire him and hire someone as dumb if not dumber. It's hard to expect anything more from this ownership.
  • dj43
In order for MS to keep his job, he will have to show a great deal of growth as a coach and a game manager. His sideline antics are not very appealing to people who will soon be asked to part with 5 figures for seat licenses at a new stadium. That stunt with breaking his headset on national TV did not play well.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Barrows > Maiocco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Maiocco is a sell-out anymore (he works for a big-business affiliated Bay Area sports-pundit now, and is probably restricted to what he can say). Barrows still works local-grass-roots and can say s**t like it is.

Yup, and MB's game tweets pretty funny....

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Just when I credit the protection, Chilo Rachal swings open like a barn door in a tornado ...

I swear he's probably a secret member on the Webzone, hahaha

He IS a member...

Originally posted by global_nomad:
After asked what his thoughts on what kind of record Singletary has to achieve to save his job. " If the 49ers don't make the playoffs, I think he's gone. Simple as that." This is nice to hear that the organization will look for a change, since the reports are now that they dont feel like there is anyone on the staff that would make a good interim candidate.

at 9:53 in this chat.

well look at it this way. Jim mora on the broadcast yesterday sugar coated everything praising dingleberry for overcoming adversity this past week with all the discension in the house and quote had team ready to play. IT was also stated that the wife was probably listening and happy to hear what kind words were being said about him. Must make her feel all warm and fuzzy. I GOING TO F>>>>>>N puke. THis team, ownership, qb, coach, all their wives can suck my .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
He might not last to midseason!!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
After asked what his thoughts on what kind of record Singletary has to achieve to save his job. " If the 49ers don't make the playoffs, I think he's gone. Simple as that." This is nice to hear that the organization will look for a change, since the reports are now that they dont feel like there is anyone on the staff that would make a good interim candidate.

at 9:53 in this chat.

common sense
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Niner51:
Originally posted by 804Niner:
I strongly that if we dont finish up strong, Sing is out. One reason is because we will get a high draft pick and if Sing's future is uncertain, you would want the new coach to get a chance to use that pick on the player of his choice...in which would more than likely be a QB...Just a thought...

MARK MY WORDS!!! 49ERS WILL WIN AGAINST THE EAGLES AND SING WILL KEEP HIS JOB!!!! I GUARANTEE A VICTORY SUNDAY!!!

thanks VD
Originally posted by kidash:

Yeah Maiocco is a sell-out anymore (he works for a big-business affiliated Bay Area sports-pundit now, and is probably restricted to what he can say). Barrows still works local-grass-roots and can say s**t like it is.

mattbarrows Matt Barrows
Just when I credit the protection, Chilo Rachal swings open like a barn door in a tornado ...

He IS a member...

is he still active? or is that account protected?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
The sad part is the team will probably win a few meaningless games against bad teams at the end of the season, as they do every year, and Jed will let him stay.

sad, but very true.

Originally posted by sean610:
Looking at the schedule I can see them winning 5 in a row just because the schedule isnt that tough and that would put them right back in it. But that would just put a band aid on a bigger problem which is this coaching staff blows. I have already started praying for Gruden everynight before I go to bed.

lol me too. I wanted Gruden when they were about to fire Nolan.
Originally posted by dj43:
In order for MS to keep his job, he will have to show a great deal of growth as a coach and a game manager. His sideline antics are not very appealing to people who will soon be asked to part with 5 figures for seat licenses at a new stadium. That stunt with breaking his headset on national TV did not play well.

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO "WIN WITH CLASS" that Jed mentioned?

More like "Lose with Sour Grapes and Anger"
9-7 and division title.......BOOK IT!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mister49:
9-7 and division title.......BOOK IT!

you can do that, but it would be a fiction book......
Originally posted by kidash:

mattbarrows Matt Barrows

He IS a member...

Thx for the confirmation!
Share 49ersWebzone