LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Mike Singletary does not shake Mike Smith's hand post game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Singletary was heartbroken after the game and in disbelief, just as all of us were. I'm not holding it against him. This was probably nothing more than a misunderstanding.

This, and it's not like Sing completely shunned Mike Smith.

Picture taken before the game yesterday:

Look into my eyes....deeeeeeply.... you will not score early and often... you will tell Matt Ryan to throw Nate Clements the ball... you will tell Roddy White not to... dang,what was that Roddy White shouldn't do?
wow what a life changing post
Singletary was heartbroken after the game and in disbelief, just as all of us were. I'm not holding it against him. This was probably nothing more than a misunderstanding.

This looks photoshopped.
Originally posted by Faceless:
the falcons r dirty they keep blocking well after whistle.... mike smith is a dirty little hamster

LMAO! F**k f**kin Mike Smith.
sign that he is seeking the exit?

"My high hopes, they haven't gone anywhere,"
dont wanna hear that from HC.
Sounds like the action of a coach on his way out.

No surprise here.
Originally posted by Sourball:

Look into my eyes....deeeeeeply.... you will not score early and often... you will tell Matt Ryan to throw Nate Clements the ball... you will tell Roddy White not to... dang,what was that Roddy White shouldn't do?

WINNER!!!

the saddest part is it is almost exactly like what happened with bly and white last year.

atleast nate wasn't high stepping.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Here's the story and link....the dingleberry si getting more and more comical by the day. I swear its Mike Nolan deja vu

http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/25022631

Singletary shuns Smith
Posted on: October 3, 2010 8:53 pm
Score: 169
Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

You might not want to get San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary and Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith at the same dinner table.

Singletary didn't shake Smith's hand after the Falcons' 16-14 victory over the 49ers Sunday at the Georgia Dome, according to a league source.

Smith went to the center of the field to look for Singletary and never saw him. That's because Singletary didn't show.

Yes, it was a tough loss. Yes, his team is now 0-4 and Singletary's job is on the line. But the rule is -- unless, of course you're Bill Belichick and you write your own rules -- is you always shake the winning coach's hand.

Whether it's an outdated tradition or not, it's the way it is. Not shaking Smith's hand speaks volumes about Singletary.

Is there is a reason? Did he think Smith ran it up when the Falcons blew out the 49ers last year at their place?

We'll find out. But, for now, it looks like a classless act.

Funny...because Smith is a douchebag. He and his staff coach their boys up to legwhip, chop block, block after the whistle, and he runs picks on EVERY deep crossing route in his play book. If I can see it, I know our coaches do, too. F*ck Smith and his gaggle of dirty birdies...he's the one with class issues.

you mean like Bobb McKittrick used to teach??

Nice try. Bob McKittrick taught cut blocking. Big difference between a cut and a chop.
MaioccoCSN

Mike Singletary said he didn't shake hands with Falcons coach Mike Smith: "It was poor sportsmanship on my behalf."
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

Mike Singletary said he didn't shake hands with Falcons coach Mike Smith: "It was poor sportsmanship on my behalf."

Just another proof of why Sing is a dumbass but doesnt realize it until he ponders on it for a few days.

Originally posted by verb1der:
MaioccoCSN

Just another proof of why Sing is a dumbass but doesnt realize it until he ponders on it for a few days.

He's taking blame for it, the man isn't Jesus.
Originally posted by DominantQE:
sign that he is seeking the exit?

"My high hopes, they haven't gone anywhere,"
dont wanna hear that from HC.

Confused by this post.

Are you saying you don't want to hear your HC say "My high hopes, they haven't gone anywhere?".

If so all I have to say is

You are bagging on Sing for saying he still has high hopes for this team. You would rather him say "We are f**ked, season is over, talk to you all later".
Originally posted by jreff22:
MaioccoCSN

He has no choice but to take the blame, he disrespected an aspect of the game and he can't sugar coat that.

I just feel that his stupid actions completely reflect and has taken the identity of the team that makes the same mistakes week in and week out.

Apologies week in and week out, "I'm sorry for dropping my pants, I'm sorry for the blowout, I'm sorry for scolding Dennis O'donnel, I'm sorry for being a poor-sport!, Im sorry for burning time outs, I'm sorry for breaking my headset...and so on and so on....im so sick of this pathetic coach.
[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 6, 2010 at 11:41 AM ]
MaioccoCSN

He has no choice but to take the blame, he disrespected an aspect of the game and he can't sugar coat that.

I just feel that his stupid actions completely reflect and has taken the identity of the team that makes the same mistakes week in and week out.

I'm sure he was upset and just wanted to go, not thinking about shaking hands.
MaioccoCSN

I'm sure he was upset and just wanted to go, not thinking about shaking hands.

Yeah I understand that, but I'm sayin, but doesn't it kind of make sense now?....A coach makes dumb mistakes JUST LIKE HIS TEAM.
Share 49ersWebzone