There are 244 users in the forums

Mike Singletary does not shake Mike Smith's hand post game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by danimal:
Singletary was heartbroken after the game and in disbelief, just as all of us were. I'm not holding it against him. This was probably nothing more than a misunderstanding.

oh you are not getting off that easy.

Please explain who supposedly misunderstood what? Was it Sing who is an NFL veteran that misunderstood that you are suppose to meet the other HC in the middle?

Have you ever gone into a different mental state in a devastating situation? I think I've been in one for the last 24+ hours. I'm supposed to be completing school work, but all I can do is keep venting about the 49ers. ...And we're just fans.

evidently all the other HC's..past and present; have no idea what you are talking about
Originally posted by danimal:
Singletary was heartbroken after the game and in disbelief, just as all of us were. I'm not holding it against him. This was probably nothing more than a misunderstanding.

oh you are not getting off that easy.

Please explain who supposedly misunderstood what? Was it Sing who is an NFL veteran that misunderstood that you are suppose to meet the other HC in the middle?

Have you ever gone into a different mental state in a devastating situation? I think I've been in one for the last 24+ hours. I'm supposed to be completing school work, but all I can do is keep venting about the 49ers. ...And we're just fans.

yeah but Sing has control of the Players and coaches.....we don't....we are helpless.

Sing brought this upon himself...I have no sympathy.
Originally posted by Faceless:
the falcons r dirty they keep blocking well after whistle.... mike smith is a dirty little hamster

I agree somewhat lol, Mike Smith has been reported around the league as one of the most class-less/dirty coaches in the NFL.

Mike's even been fined for it (many cases last season involving him either taunting opposing players/getting involved with fights with other players on the sidelines). He's like Joe Pesci meets Jerry Glanville. Smith is dirty, he encourages his players to be dirty, and he's also not a very nice guy to be around.

But then again every coach has a different philosophy/tact, and that 'dirty-bird' mentality turned a vick-less bankrupt team into a playoff-contending juggernaut. They remind me a lot of the (early 00's) Belichick Pats.
Singletary has played ball all his life, handshakes are all but mandatory, he did not "forget" it was classless.

Side note, was that Bill Musgrave OC for Atlanta? The Bill Musrgrave that backed up for our beloved niners? The same Bill Musgrave that when George Seifert sent him in to run out the clock against Singletary's bears, instead called an audible and put one deeeeeep in the end zone, causing Mike Ditka to throw chewed chewing gum at a fan?
Cause if it was we should call that cat this offseason about our soon to be vacant head coaching job! I like it when coaches run up the score, it sign of winning, can't really un it up when your loosing!
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

This, and it's not like Sing completely shunned Mike Smith.

Picture taken before the game yesterday:

Just so ya know I'm not shaking your hand if you beat us 16-14.
Who gives a f**k. I wouldn't have shaken his hands either after that bitter loss. I'd be too pissed to give a s**t about shaking the hands of a the other coach who got lucky as f**k to win the game.
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Looks like he his hovering over him trying to sniff what a real coach smells like!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by TDilvr:

Looks like he his hovering over him trying to sniff what a real coach smells like!

Or maybe he's asking for a linebacker coach position cuz he knows he's about to get canned...
W

Ummm no......

Every game from pee-wee to the nfl'.......you shake handsb after the game

You never don't shake hands.....
Originally posted by Dshearn:
W

Ummm no......

Every game from pee-wee to the nfl'.......you shake handsb after the game

You never don't shake hands.....

Dude I know a coach who won't let his High School players take a knee for an opponents injury....HE SHAKES HANDS AFTER HE LOSES, which by the way is a LOT!

Originally posted by iLL49er:
Here's the story and link....the dingleberry si getting more and more comical by the day. I swear its Mike Nolan deja vu

http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/25022631

Singletary shuns Smith
Posted on: October 3, 2010 8:53 pm
Score: 169
Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

You might not want to get San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary and Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith at the same dinner table.

Singletary didn't shake Smith's hand after the Falcons' 16-14 victory over the 49ers Sunday at the Georgia Dome, according to a league source.

Smith went to the center of the field to look for Singletary and never saw him. That's because Singletary didn't show.

Yes, it was a tough loss. Yes, his team is now 0-4 and Singletary's job is on the line. But the rule is -- unless, of course you're Bill Belichick and you write your own rules -- is you always shake the winning coach's hand.

Whether it's an outdated tradition or not, it's the way it is. Not shaking Smith's hand speaks volumes about Singletary.

Is there is a reason? Did he think Smith ran it up when the Falcons blew out the 49ers last year at their place?

We'll find out. But, for now, it looks like a classless act.

Funny...because Smith is a douchebag. He and his staff coach their boys up to legwhip, chop block, block after the whistle, and he runs picks on EVERY deep crossing route in his play book. If I can see it, I know our coaches do, too. F*ck Smith and his gaggle of dirty birdies...he's the one with class issues.
Originally posted by boast:

this.

you could see it on his face after the game when he was down on one knee.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Here's the story and link....the dingleberry si getting more and more comical by the day. I swear its Mike Nolan deja vu

http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6315047/25022631

Singletary shuns Smith
Posted on: October 3, 2010 8:53 pm
Score: 169
Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

* Log-in to rate:

You might not want to get San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary and Atlanta Falcons coach Mike Smith at the same dinner table.

Singletary didn't shake Smith's hand after the Falcons' 16-14 victory over the 49ers Sunday at the Georgia Dome, according to a league source.

Smith went to the center of the field to look for Singletary and never saw him. That's because Singletary didn't show.

Yes, it was a tough loss. Yes, his team is now 0-4 and Singletary's job is on the line. But the rule is -- unless, of course you're Bill Belichick and you write your own rules -- is you always shake the winning coach's hand.

Whether it's an outdated tradition or not, it's the way it is. Not shaking Smith's hand speaks volumes about Singletary.

Is there is a reason? Did he think Smith ran it up when the Falcons blew out the 49ers last year at their place?

We'll find out. But, for now, it looks like a classless act.

Funny...because Smith is a douchebag. He and his staff coach their boys up to legwhip, chop block, block after the whistle, and he runs picks on EVERY deep crossing route in his play book. If I can see it, I know our coaches do, too. F*ck Smith and his gaggle of dirty birdies...he's the one with class issues.

you mean like Bobb McKittrick used to teach??
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by Faceless:
the falcons r dirty they keep blocking well after whistle.... mike smith is a dirty little hamster

I agree somewhat lol, Mike Smith has been reported around the league as one of the most class-less/dirty coaches in the NFL.

Mike's even been fined for it (many cases last season involving him either taunting opposing players/getting involved with fights with other players on the sidelines). He's like Joe Pesci meets Jerry Glanville. Smith is dirty, he encourages his players to be dirty, and he's also not a very nice guy to be around.

But then again every coach has a different philosophy/tact, and that 'dirty-bird' mentality turned a vick-less bankrupt team into a playoff-contending juggernaut. They remind me a lot of the (early 00's) Belichick Pats.

I'd take Mike Smith the coach over Mike Singletary the coach. And at the end of the day, that is all that matters with regards to this conversation.
Originally posted by susweel:
I guess the big wooden cross doesn't automatically give you class.

Whats with you people and his cross necklace already,oh and he didnt shake his hand who gives a s***
Share 49ersWebzone