LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Josh "T-Rex" Morgan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
That pass had no touch on it all. Any average Qb makes that throw.

all average WR's make that catch!

exactly! how come other QBs can make s**tty off target throws and their WRs that make an effort to actually go and get it make them look good but our WRs have to have the ball hit them in the hands to catch it and most times they dont even catch those. our WRs get more excuses than any other receivers in the league. these are professionals, they should be able to make an effort to catch a ball thats a little off.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

exactly! how come other QBs can make s**tty off target throws and their WRs that make an effort to actually go and get it make them look good but our WRs have to have the ball hit them in the hands to catch it and most times they dont even catch those. our WRs get more excuses than any other receivers in the league. these are professionals, they should be able to make an effort to catch a ball thats a little off.

because according to 49er fans only Smith throws off target passes.
Here we go let's start the finger pointing. Who's next
Did anyone else notice that long pass attempt to Josh Morgan he made absolutely no attempt to catch the ball? He could have laid out for it and made the catch like real WR's do in the league. This is why our offense will always struggle. Our WR's won't go after the ball unless it hits them dead in the hands, even then they drop or tip the ball anyway. Morgan needs to be benched for a WR's who isn't afraid to go up and get a ball(Zeigler).

i yelled out "DIVE!!", it was still a crappy pass by smith though
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Majority of his passes are off target.
Has anyone seen Joe Flacco play this year .. at least 10x he has simply lobbed the ball up to Boldin, House, or Heap and simply let them make a play on the ball .. in a one on one situation we have to give our receivers the same chances. After seeing Crabs catch vs the Bears last year(ruled incomplete) I know he can win some jump balls if given the chance. Ziegler also and Vernon. I still dont think we use our talent properly.

I wouldn't say majority are off target but he does throw a lot of off target yet still catchable passes. This thread isn't about Smith's accuracy. It is about our WR's inability to go up and catch these "off target" yet still catchable passes.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I wouldn't say majority are off target but he does throw a lot of off target yet still catchable passes. This thread isn't about Smith's accuracy. It is about our WR's inability to go up and catch these "off target" yet still catchable passes.

I thought it was way over thrown, but I respect your opinion.

Maybe I will watch it again if they ever show it.

I watched it a few times and it is indeed a catchable pass. All morgan had to do was make an effort. When I watch other teams play their WR's go after the ball when it is a poorly thrown pass. Hell look at the pass that was almost intercepted by one of the Falcon's DB's. Morgan just watched it go by while the DB dove for it and almost intercepted the pass. If the DB made that type of effort then Morgan should be making the same. Morgan needs to be benched for Zeigler. Zeigler always makes an attempt to catch every pass that comes his way and most of the time he makes some acrobatic catches, something WR's in the NFL are expected to do.

That's the way I saw it, too. Moreover, the heavily zoomed in replay with the ball in front of Morgan didn't help with depth perception. In real time, it looked like it was just a nudge past Morgan's feasible range, which at a dead sprint is as good as 10 feet.

I think Morgan is one of the most overrated players on the entire team. For the hundredth time, he's a classic long strider who does not get any separation for the short to medium pass routes thus he rarely gets open. So with our current scheme of dinking and dunking, he's worthless as t*ts on a bull.

We'd be better off with Ziggy and/or Jason Hill starting over Morgan.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
How about the one the sideline to Crabdouche are you mad it him for not diving for it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
How about the one the sideline to Crabdouche are you mad it him for not diving for it.

did Alex refuses to sign your jersey at TC or something?

Which game is this from? If I recall Crabtree caught every pass he was thrown during the ATL game.

Which game is this from? If I recall Crabtree caught every pass he was thrown during the ATL game.

I think he means the deep throw that went out of bounds
Share 49ersWebzone