LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

What Michael Crabtree just said

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So what? This is nothing new. Crabtree will be with us a lot longer than Smith. I'll take his side.
AlexSmith
Originally posted by Afrikan:
interesting that you posted this...lol. but I understand.

yeah, Crabs would be the first person I would think that would not "play the role"....

I'm surprised he lasted this long, to be honest with you.

I report the news good or bad, unbiased.

But Crabs running his mouth does bother me, the kid has earned nothing in the NFL and hasn't even played a full season's worth of games...coming from Gore, Davis, Heitman....hell even Morgan would be ok, but Crabs needs to shut his face.
Originally posted by fly15:
Alex going to the bench soon....

No he wont..
He probably would if we had a decent #2 Qb, but david carr is garbage.. he wont do anything better than alex. neither would troy smith
he was probably pissed for that deep ball that sailed 5 yards out of bounds which in turn, nullified the PI penalty.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
So Crabtree pointed out the obvious: Alex sucks period

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.

I agree
I never tried to be one of those A.Smith haters but i am just exhausted in trying to stick up for the kid and hoping for the best... He simply is not the answer at QB. Although i do not want UNDER ANY Circumstances to have David Carr under center. If we are 0-6 i say you bring in Troy Smith to see what he can do with this Offense. Bench Alex Smith, release Carr and Elevate Nate Davis. Although Nate has a cannon of an arm it is pretty sad the kid doesnt have a strong work ethic.. i mean Frank Gore had learning issues and he is a work horse and takes the time to figure things out. But yea .. what Crab said does make sense. I watched pieces of the game online and Alex is just .. well.. yea.. wutever..
Put in Troy and see what the kid has.. and see who we can bring in during FA. But it has finally been apparent to me that Alex is a bust... no more excuses for the kid.. He's done.. and i wish him well ..
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

I'm glad someone in this organization doesn't have their lips PERMANENTLY attached to Alex's a**.

But here comes the Crabtree is a cancer posts, when in reality, #11 has and will always be a cancer.

Who turned a three yard reception for a first down into an interception before the end of the half against Seattle? Who is the receiver that is killing Smith's stats? Oh, Crabtree? As I recall, this guy got chewed by VD for slacking, and that slacking is now paying NEGATIVE dividends.

There's too many "Yes Men" on the team. Even if it were wrong of Crabtree to say it, the fact is that it needs to be said. Everyone has been covering Smith up or keeping him from any scrutiny because every year, the last thing Smith needed was someone questioning his ability because the "poor guy" would get demoralized.

When one player says what appears to be the truth, it is obvious it isn't only one player who probably feels that way.

Props for Crabtree to be the scape goat and possibly express what players may be feeling about Alex Smith. Smith may have one good game, but he will have 2 bad games to follow.
Whether or not he's openly/deliberately criticizing Smith, Crabs is right. The OC calls the plays, the players execute....that's the way it works. You can call the best game ever, but if your QB doesn't execute, you're screwed.

Werd.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
is there really any other way to take this than "SMITH CAN'T THROW THE BALL?"

He's just stating the obvious.

Now the finger pointing starts. All signs point to complete FAIL of a season.

All you fans still hoping for a division title need to come face the true reality.

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
If he thinks Alex is going to throw in his direction more after these comments, he's got another thing coming!!!

eh, less opportunities for him to get injuries or look bad trying to catch Alex's *accurate* passes

Crabtree already got his upfront money....all he is doing now is getting coached up and gain experience...and if the 9ers stick with Alex, I can see him ask for a Trade and flourish elsewhere.

I mean, as soon as Alex starts f'n with his money...(stats incentives from his contract) then he will be ready to go.
What has Crabtree done in this league to have the right to place blame? He certainly has had his fair share of bonehead plays this season..not to mention not even giving his best effort at times.

Alex clearly isn't the answer...but Crabtree isn't the one who should be making that call because he may not be the answer either.
Wow, Michael "Diva who doesn't play in the preseason" Crabtree tells less lies than Mike "man of God" Singletary...
  • dj43
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by walker807:
Well its basically true. I mean what does Alex do well??? anything?? He is horrible on short passes to the point where I think I can throw a short pass better than him. The play yesterday where there was a PI called on the falcons but was taken back because Smiths throw was so bad that it was called uncatchable is beyond belief. Through 4 games he has looked like a rookie this year and his stats back that.
But Crabtree needs to keep his mouth shut. He is the reason we lost Week 1, and he might be a big part of the reason Smith is losing faith in his receivers and maybe even himself.

Divas need to learn to play and not talk.

Crabtree should very happy so many fans are willing to blame it all on Smith. If more fans would watch what happens BEFORE the QB throws the ball, they would take Crabtree out behind the woodshed and spank his back side.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DANADA:

I agree

WOW how is crabs a cancer. Did he say Alex specificlly. Him and VD had some words who cares so did VD his rookie year and second year with veteran players its football emotions run high. Still cant believe people Call TO a cancer lol one of the greatest of all time and the best WR weve had since Rice and was a cancer lol. U guys are too much
Share 49ersWebzone