There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shooting ourselves in the foot.

This is the main cause of why we have been losing games just like yesterday's. We get in our own way of winning games by doing "dumb things" as Sing said. We have to play smart and not let BS like what Clements did get in the way of our chances at playoffs. We are 0-4 and we have people ranting about getting rid of Smith and/or Sing. I personally don't believe that will not do sh** considering that the season has already begun and we still have time to turn this thing around. There are people overreacting much more than others and so they feel like getting rid of people is the only solution when realistically, IMO, Alex, along with MJ, will eventually (I hope and pray to God) get everything down so that he doesn't throw picks like he has been. I am and always will be an Alex supporter and the last thing we need now is for people asking for someone to get fired. I guess Jimmy wasn't enough then. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot, I guarantee every niner fan that our season will turn around in a matter of seconds.
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM ]
Preaching to the choir. We suck. Period. Good teams get past this bulls**t.
Originally posted by rawdel:

I just feel that we are a good team, just getting in our own way of showing it to everyone. I'm seriously telling you, there's no doubt in my mind that once we get things straightened out and prove it in a game, there's almost no stopping us with the rest of our season. But, it will be hard to believe when we get performances like we've seen.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:

I just feel that we are a good team, just getting in our own way of showing it to everyone. I'm seriously telling you, there's no doubt in my mind that once we get things straightened out and prove it in a game, there's almost no stopping us with the rest of our season. But, it will be hard to believe when we get performances like we've seen.

Faith and a quarter will get you 25 cents. But I hope you're right...
Bang Bang..

and that's why the niners will get past it as well.....beating down 2 of the best nfc teams and beating ourselves.....i'll take that anyday then for them to outplay us! Teams can't keep relying on the niners to make mistakes like these their luck will run out. We will still win the division. Does anyone realize that all of the teams in our division are worse than the niners and will lose handily to the saints and Atl, unlike the niners who kicked some major ass. The OL will get better and our D is solid as it can get....holding Ryan Brees and Hasslebeck in check (and Cassel because if you think a trick reverse flea flicker as well as a miracle catch by a te is cassel beating the niners D then think again).

Mays is the real deal and so is gore and the rest of the offense. Can't wait until the ol improves just a little and get ginn back.
Originally posted by elguapo:

and that's why the niners will get past it as well.....beating down 2 of the best nfc teams and beating ourselves.....i'll take that anyday then for them to outplay us! Teams can't keep relying on the niners to make mistakes like these their luck will run out. We will still win the division. Does anyone realize that all of the teams in our division are worse than the niners and will lose handily to the saints and Atl, unlike the niners who kicked some major ass. The OL will get better and our D is solid as it can get....holding Ryan Brees and Hasslebeck in check (and Cassel because if you think a trick reverse flea flicker as well as a miracle catch by a te is cassel beating the niners D then think again).

Mays is the real deal and so is gore and the rest of the offense. Can't wait until the ol improves just a little and get ginn back.

Yeah we beat down to good teams and we still came away with a loss. But we also got massacred by Seattle and KC. KC came into that game averaging 50 yards passing a game and we made Cassell look like Tom freakin Brady back there. Oh BTW, McCluster won the war of words he had with Willis that week too. Trust me, with the current coaching regime and QB, we'll never reach our potential.
Originally posted by elguapo:

Make a thread about this it'll grab whole lotta attention & make people optimistic again...
This is the main cause of why we have been losing games just like yesterday's. We get in our own way of winning games by doing "dumb things" as Sing said. We have to play smart and not let BS like what Clements did get in the way of our chances at playoffs. We are 0-4 and we have people ranting about getting rid of Smith and/or Sing. I personally don't believe that will not do sh** considering that the season has already begun and we still have time to turn this thing around. There are people overreacting much more than others and so they feel like getting rid of people is the only solution when realistically, IMO, Alex, along with MJ, will eventually (I hope and pray to God) get everything down so that he doesn't throw picks like he has been. I am and always will be an Alex supporter and the last thing we need now is for people asking for someone to get fired. I guess Jimmy wasn't enough then. If we stop shooting ourselves in the foot, I guarantee every niner fan that our season will turn around in a matter of seconds.

"I am and always will be an Alex supporter"

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Good teams find ways to win games, while bad teams find ways to lose games that's all there is to it.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

"I am and always will be an Alex supporter"

I'm so sorry to hear that.

and you know what, I still have confidence in him and how he can deliver.
This is Singltary's chance to get the locker room back. All he has to do is give 100% credit to the players and state and feel that the players didn't do anything wrong but work hard, play hard, and try to win the game.

He can go further and say that it is his fault that they lost because he should have focused the players on situational play in case they get the ball...just bulls**t to get the players understanding that he has their back.

Singletary is in a prime "coachable moment" right now.
Also, if anyone recalls, during the post game report with JJ Stokes and (insert name here), JJ stated that the niners never really seem to basically, let one another know like "Hey, you gotta take responsibility for you're actions." He said that is what can set this team up a level because they will put each other in their place. A great example would be Nate and that bonehead mistake. Putting him in his place instead of saying "don't do it again" might further strengthen how he plays as well as the whole roster. This is an idea I just might look into and see if it can actually serve as a possible solution to our problem...
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM ]
You can't tell a down-syndrome kid that he's having a retarded day, you just have to accept him for who he is.

Retarded teams are expected to shoot themselves, consistently.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home