LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Seat Licensing, could it force a coaching change at end of the year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners haven't set a price yet for seat licenses for the new stadium. Having a good team would definitely sell seat licenses and the Niners could set a higher price. If we continue to disappoint could it initiate a coaching change? My guess is yes.

A guy like Gruden, or Cowher could definitely help sell seat licenses.

The Niners could use a big name coach.

Anyway, this is all speculation but I think it could happen. Of course, with the current management in place you never know exactly what they're thinking
[ Edited by rubbersoul80 on Oct 4, 2010 at 9:54 AM ]
This is pathetic. We're scratching and clawing at any slight sliver of hope of getting Sing fired. If only the front office read the zone... And even then I doubt they'll get a clue.
It's an interesting question worth asking. I noticed in the "Singletary Job is Safe For Now" article that even if a win streak happens/playoffs, there is no guarantee he'll be back. So, who knows...
I think its a great point and I think it will be a factor. After the Nolan and Sing debacles the team needs to get a coach with NFL cred. I don't think another coordinator will do. Also, while guys like Fox will be out there the team needs to go with an offensive coach. They won't pay for Cowher (not an offensive coach but a good one) but Gruden may be the guy to go and get imo.
Originally posted by sachie23:
I think its a great point and I think it will be a factor. After the Nolan and Sing debacles the team needs to get a coach with NFL cred. I don't think another coordinator will do. Also, while guys like Fox will be out there the team needs to go with an offensive coach. They won't pay for Cowher (not an offensive coach but a good one) but Gruden may be the guy to go and get imo.

Agree
Excellent post, now hopefully this thread doesn't get locked or merged because; as a season ticket holder, I am very interested in this discussion.

Personally, if they charge seat license fees I will not be able to afford season tickets and will have to try and buy single game tickets. And I make a six figure income. I don't know how everyday working class fans can afford a $ 5, 000.00 per seat license fee (or whatever the fee is).

I am definitely not motivated with the product on the field today to get a loan for seat licenses!
It's the only thing that could motivate the YORKIES to make a change in the coaching. You see "seat licensing" and a "new stadium" are their Super Bowl. Wins are irrelevant. But making lots of money while not spending much... That's the Yorks playoffs and Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone