LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

My biggest fear for the Niners at the end of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
That our key players will ask to be released or traded. I can't really blame them.

Absolutely right. I actually feel sorry for VD that hes wasting good years on this anemic offense

forget VD he's still young...

I feel so bad for Frank Gore. He's busted his ass his whole career and still doesn't know what the playoffs are like aside from watching on TV.

He had a chance to throw Clements under the bus yesterday in postgame when asked about Nate's fumble. Here's what he said instead: "It didn't come down to that, there were a lot of things. We're a team, you know? If he would have scored, then what? We've got to finish as a team." Team player to the end.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-10-03-49ers-falcons_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

I figure he's got a year or two left then its probably it for his career. He'll be 28 next season.

Spoken like a true professional.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Best case scenario is we draft a QB in the first round, and keep Alex Smith as an official back-up QB! Whos' with me?! lol

I want him gone.
Originally posted by Baldie:
My biggest concern are the playmakers on the team. At what point this season do they say....f**k this, why should I play hard for the team when we can't even win a game. The niners just need to get that first win, then the other wins will come. Its kinda like basketball, you go 0-5 first part of the game but once you hit that first shot you get comfortable and your shots start going in. Once the niners get that first win, whenever that will be hopefully next week at home, they will feel it and won't want to feel anything less.

Only problem with the basketball analogy is that there are only 16 games in a NFL season.
Originally posted by a24hrdad:
Looking at the schedule for the second half of the season, the opponents are soft. I am afraid we will get on a roll with a winning streak and just like the last few seasons, 49erland will be filled with optimism and hope. The front office will give Singletary and Smith another season to build on the momentum and thus the 49ers will be doomed to follow the same pattern next season.

I have never been a Smith or Singletary basher, my outlook has always been that I don't care as long as we win. My problem is that the 49ers keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

It really pains me to say this, but I almost want to tank the entire season to force the front office to make a change. At that point I can only hope they will bring in a proven experienced head coach.

Exactly right. My greatest fear as well.
Looking at the schedule for the second half of the season, the opponents are soft. I am afraid we will get on a roll with a winning streak and just like the last few seasons, 49erland will be filled with optimism and hope. The front office will give Singletary and Smith another season to build on the momentum and thus the 49ers will be doomed to follow the same pattern next season.

I have never been a Smith or Singletary basher, my outlook has always been that I don't care as long as we win. My problem is that the 49ers keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

It really pains me to say this, but I almost want to tank the entire season to force the front office to make a change. At that point I can only hope they will bring in a proven experienced head coach.

I agree with you and was thinking the same thing. Many are calling for Smith's head right now and I disagree with them, no matter how much I dislike that guy's play! We need to see what he does throughout the entire season so that EVERYBODY (and their moms) is convinced that he is not our future. If they take him out right now, then the supporters will argue that Smith wasn't given a chance to play against the 'easier' teams and will continue to ask for this guy as our QB next year.

Singletary should also finish the year off. His stubbornness and lack of knowledge for Xs and Os has bit him in the ass. We need to let him sink or swim so we can prove to ourselves that he is not a great HC. GRUDEN FOR 2011!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
That our key players will ask to be released or traded. I can't really blame them.

Absolutely right. I actually feel sorry for VD that hes wasting good years on this anemic offense

forget VD he's still young...

I feel so bad for Frank Gore. He's busted his ass his whole career and still doesn't know what the playoffs are like aside from watching on TV.

He had a chance to throw Clements under the bus yesterday in postgame when asked about Nate's fumble. Here's what he said instead: "It didn't come down to that, there were a lot of things. We're a team, you know? If he would have scored, then what? We've got to finish as a team." Team player to the end.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2010-10-03-49ers-falcons_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

I figure he's got a year or two left then its probably it for his career. He'll be 28 next season.

Spoken like a true professional.

A professional that b**ches and moans and the thought of sharing his touches...
Originally posted by SantaFe49er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by tondiman:
How does the quarterback situation look for the 2011 draft??

At this rate we will be picking first, so sky's the limit! I think Andrew Luck is coming out, he looks good.

I was watching the Stanford/Oregon game and one of the announcers ( i think Herbstreet) said Luck has been looking like the best college QB since Peyton Manning. That's only his opinion but he really looked like a good QB in the first half. Second half was a wash. It just sucks to think that the last 8 years have been dreadful. Gore is going to be past his prime soon. Good thing we locked up Davis and Willis otherwise i think they'd want to split. Now we're looking to draft a QB at the top of the 1st round in 2011. Re-building again? s**t man. Will this team really turn around in the next few years? Please someone give me some hope for the future.

-Niners for life

I hate to ay it but I think Frank is past his prime, look at his production. "Bell Cows" rarely last 6 seasons, look at careers like Priest Holmes, or Terrell Davis, those guys are 5-6 years at best then done! What a waste!
The Saints and Falcons are Super Bowl contenders. We just need to get over the mental lapses and we'll win the division.
I'm afraid of Singletary and A Smith coming back next year too! I hope the Niners will come to their senses and get a new head coach and QB next season!
biggest fear

we lose to the raiders

Well...I see your point, but to be honest...if we go on a Winning Streak at the end of the season, those are mostly divisional game and it might be enough to make the playoffs...lol.
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
It would come as no surprise. Nolan got more chances doing less.

Nolan actually did more with less...lol.

I think thats whats most disappointing...there is so much Talent on this team.

Not really. We got shutout with Nolan at the helm. Sure we are 0-4 now but we will win a few games.

Singletary > Nolan but thats not saying a whole lot.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Not really. We got shutout with Nolan at the helm. Sure we are 0-4 now but we will win a few games.

Singletary > Nolan but thats not saying a whole lot.

Uhhh, did you see the Chiefs game?

They held us to 3 POINTS FOR 59 MINUTES!!!!

Nolan > Singletary. ALL DAY!!

At least the man with the suit knew Alex Smith was GARBAGE!!!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Best case scenario is we draft a QB in the first round, and keep Alex Smith as an official back-up QB! Whos' with me?! lol

YOU HAVE GOTTA BE JOKING RIGHT???

Why don't we just get Jim Drunkenmiller to be the 3rd stringer?

And while we're at it sign Giovanni Carmazzi to the practice squad?

MAN PLEASE.

ALEX SMITH IS A BUST AND THE SOONER WE GET RID OF HIM THE SOONER WE START BECOMING A REAL FOOTBALL TEAM.

WHAT A WASTE OF A SEASON. LAST SEASON ALSO.

SAD SITUATION.
Share 49ersWebzone