LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

My biggest fear for the Niners at the end of the season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking at the schedule for the second half of the season, the opponents are soft. I am afraid we will get on a roll with a winning streak and just like the last few seasons, 49erland will be filled with optimism and hope. The front office will give Singletary and Smith another season to build on the momentum and thus the 49ers will be doomed to follow the same pattern next season.

I have never been a Smith or Singletary basher, my outlook has always been that I don't care as long as we win. My problem is that the 49ers keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

It really pains me to say this, but I almost want to tank the entire season to force the front office to make a change. At that point I can only hope they will bring in a proven experienced head coach.
It would come as no surprise. Nolan got more chances doing less.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

Nolan actually did more with less...lol.
He wore a suit to a football game!
Originally posted by BigBug415:

Damn, what does that say about our current coaching staff
That our key players will ask to be released or traded. I can't really blame them.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
That our key players will ask to be released or traded. I can't really blame them.

Absolutely right. I actually feel sorry for VD that hes wasting good years on this anemic offense
that's probably what's gonna happen. Scary thing is, by the time we actually get a decent QB, the rest of the talent on this team will probably be gone.
Front office is clueless. The teams goals are to win the West, 9-7 would be wonderful. This team used to be a win or nothing organization. Eddie D demanded greatness and it was delivered. What does John York represent? After almost nine years does anyone know? Denise owns the team, what does she look like? Jed Jr worked on Wall Street, that should be enough qualification to run an NFL franchise. We were the New York Yankees, what are we now?
Yup, that has been the story for us the last few years. We win a few meaningless games late, everyone gets excited and we keep the team (and coach) together. I do no think you will see that happen this year. In fact, even if we win the NFC West and onyl 7 or 8 games, I think Sing is one.

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Front office is clueless. The teams goals are to win the West, 9-7 would be wonderful. This team used to be a win or nothing organization. Eddie D demanded greatness and it was delivered. What does John York represent? After almost nine years does anyone know? Denise owns the team, what does she look like? Jed Jr worked on Wall Street, that should be enough qualification to run an NFL franchise. We were the New York Yankees, what are we now?

Jed Jr has only been in charge for 1 year, so I am still open to giving him a shot. I have heard he is close to his Uncle so hopefully Eddie D is on Speed Dial
Jus' keep watchin'

Sad isn't, both Nolan and Ericson had MUCH weaker rosters, and did the same or better! Last years 8-8 was a massive disappointment, this team consistently underachieves under Singletary.

You know the story of the "Emperors new clothes" Everybody says how good they look, but he is really walking around naked! Well everybody says what a great motivator Sing is, but players don't practice, don't preform, and some outright quit on him! Maybe he isn't really that good at motivating either.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
My biggest concern are the playmakers on the team. At what point this season do they say....f**k this, why should I play hard for the team when we can't even win a game. The niners just need to get that first win, then the other wins will come. Its kinda like basketball, you go 0-5 first part of the game but once you hit that first shot you get comfortable and your shots start going in. Once the niners get that first win, whenever that will be hopefully next week at home, they will feel it and won't want to feel anything less.
Share 49ersWebzone