LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 285 users in the forums

Another close one... & Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So we come up short once again and the fact that we come close makes a lot of people optimistic once again. (Not that I wish every loss was a blow out) Now, although it's great to have hope for this team, it's hard to keep it alive when we've got the win, but we shoot ourselves in the foot and we become a "charity" as Sing said a while ago. The one thing I say that most people can be optimistic about, is the fact that this was our first game with our new OC and IMO, that was what Sing referred to when he said he "was excited for our team" in his press conference. We have a new opportunity to make something out of nothing, but we can't come so close to lose. We are in a weak division, which also helps if we can turn this mess around.

and this is a message to all Sing-haters...
- One thing that all you people mentioned was that he is so damn conservative (I agree with that) and you think he should be fired. Getting fired now would not help especially during the season. I think that something a lot of people don't see, or at least, don't care about, is that he is determined to take this team to the playoffs. We've seen little bits in our last couple games about how we can get far, but many niner "fans" are taking the mistakes a bit too far. I don't blame people for feeling heart-broken, but don't try to rant and say this team sucks when you know you don't belong here.
[ Edited by rEspEctdA49ers on Oct 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM ]
Clements....YOU FU*KIN IDIOT.

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
So we come up short once again and the fact that we come close makes a lot of people optimistic once again. (Not that I wish every loss was a blow out) Now, although it's great to have hope for this team, it's hard to keep it alive when we've got the win, but we shoot ourselves in the foot and we become a "charity" as Sing said a while ago. The one thing I say that most people can be optimistic about, is the fact that this was our first game with our new OC and IMO, that was what Sing referred to when he said he "was excited for our team" in his press conference. We have a new opportunity to make something out of nothing, but we can't come so close to lose. We are in a weak division, which also helps if we can turn this mess around.

- One thing that all you people mentioned was that he is so damn conservative (I agree with that) and you think he should be fired. Getting fired now would not help especially during the season. I think that something a lot of people don't see, or at least, don't care about, is that he is determined to take this team to the playoffs. We've seen little bits in our last couple games about how we can get far, but many niner "fans" are taking it a bit too far. I don't blame people for feeling heart-broken, but don't try to rant and say this team sucks when you know you don't belong here.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

He played like an ANIMAL!!!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

All I have to say to that is, at least he gave us a great chance to put the game away, but yet again, a shot to the foot and we gave it to ATL.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sing looked like he was paying for them to miss that kick.

Anybody else notice that.
Originally posted by susweel:

With all the problems in this world... God has more important things to do than answer Singletard's football prayers.

When everything else fails, what else is there left to do? Divine intervention seems like all that Sing has left.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Talent-wise, the difference between good teams and bad is tiny. The good teams simply make great plays when the game is on the line; the bad ones make bonehead plays when the game is on the line. We're a bad team until they show us otherwise.
I do agree with the OP though. Firing Sing during the season does NOTHING. There is no head coaching prospect on this team. And the last thing we need is another Sing-like situation where the interim guy ends up the HC next season due to a decent end of the season.

- One thing that all you people mentioned was that he is so damn conservative (I agree with that) and you think he should be fired. Getting fired now would not help especially during the season. I think that something a lot of people don't see, or at least, don't care about, is that he is determined to take this team to the playoffs. We've seen little bits in our last couple games about how we can get far, but many niner "fans" are taking the mistakes a bit too far. I don't blame people for feeling heart-broken, but don't try to rant and say this team sucks when you know you don't belong here.

People say they are "determined" to do a lot of things, but sometimes it is beyond their ability.

haha now that you mention it...
Originally posted by NickSh49:

People say they are "determined" to do a lot of things, but sometimes it is beyond their ability.

You're exactly right. My point here is that Sing actually cares about our team. He wants to get us to the playoffs, but all these knuckleheads don't appreciate sh** and just complain. I'm not saying he can get us to playoffs easily, I am just saying that he definitely wants to and is determined.
Share 49ersWebzone