LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

I've broken on through....to the other side.No longer an A.Smith fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I too have seen the light. I find myself wondering who our QB will be next year, and if he'll actually be able to throw a deep ball...
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

alex did not lose this game. Nate needs to go down. If he does game over. He tried to be a hero. We don't need heros we need smart TEAM players.

at least he made an incredible play in intercepting the ball in the first place, Ryan was ready to drive down field anyway.....and Nate also had a great game leading up to that...and so did most of our defense...even Haralson played well....and for a Rookie Taylor Mays did fine for his first ever start

what did Alex do to help the team to win today?

Nate lost the game today. The 49ers were in the lead. Its on Nate.

well if you want to get like that....well we were still in the lead after that fumble..

THEN WHO DO YOU WANT TO BLAME NOW?????? NATE Again??

I don't know what your problem is 9erJim....but I don't remember you ever being this dense.

Nate a Vet, he goes down we win. what part of that you dont get? He screwed up. Late in the game in a tight game on the road a vet should know better. He cost the 49ers the game. He makes huge $$$. he screwed up.
I don't think money had anything to do with it but, yes, it was all on Clements. He's a vet who should have realized exactly how much time there was and gone down. If he goes down, the offense can run three plays and kick a field goal which would have left Atlanta with something like 25 seconds to drive the entire length of the field with no time outs remaining.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
who would you prefer the 49ers replace smith with?

Next year? The options are various and wonderful.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:
A veteran player has to know the situation. He's near the 10 and at the sideline running into a blocker. Just go out of bounds there. Why Nate thinks he can fight for the 10 more yards needed is beyond me. Just go out of bounds.

Yeah, Alex did just enough to lose the game. But Nate lost it. Yeah, the D did give up the 70 or so yards for the game-winning FG. But the game could've been over before that opportunity came for the Falcons.

They kicked the FG with 2 seconds left. If the ball wasn't fumbled and the O just kneeled 3 times to let the Falcons burn their timeouts, well, it just sucks is all.

Get real bro. If Alex Smith had put points on the board, the game wouldn't even be close. Our D shut them down for most of the day.

The point is, bro, that the team was in position to win DESPITE Alex Smith's mistakes today. Ryan also threw 2 picks today yet his team did just enough to win despite those mistakes.
Damn shame our defense , and Gore were the only ones playing today.
We had to rely on our defense to win it, and it shouldn't have come down to Clements.

A.Smith.....I've supported him all of these years, thought that he was very smart, and agile, but he's not. He isn't accurate at all. We have to change our WHOLE offense to running because Smith sucks ass.

I'm done-zo

Sing coached a great defensive team, damn shame the qb position isn't secure at all.

I'd rather keep Sing than A.Smith.

KEEP SING, MODAFU*KA

I dont agree with the Sing praise, but I do want to welcome you to "this side".

The side which supports players for their performance, past and current, and not what "they could possible do" if all the moons line up.
A veteran player has to know the situation. He's near the 10 and at the sideline running into a blocker. Just go out of bounds there. Why Nate thinks he can fight for the 10 more yards needed is beyond me. Just go out of bounds.

Yeah, Alex did just enough to lose the game. But Nate lost it. Yeah, the D did give up the 70 or so yards for the game-winning FG. But the game could've been over before that opportunity came for the Falcons.

They kicked the FG with 2 seconds left. If the ball wasn't fumbled and the O just kneeled 3 times to let the Falcons burn their timeouts, well, it just sucks is all.

Get real bro. If Alex Smith had put points on the board, the game wouldn't even be close. Our D shut them down for most of the day.

The point is, bro, that the team was in position to win DESPITE Alex Smith's mistakes today. Ryan also threw 2 picks today yet his team did just enough to win despite those mistakes.

Thirsty much? How bout a glass of Kool-aid?

Yeah, cuz Matty Ice and Roddy White threw/caught for more yardage in the last half on the fourth quarter than alex threw for the whole f**king game.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

So us having the ball, w/the lead, in FG range time after time doesn't put us in a position to win? I guess it doesn't if Alex Smith is your QB right? Nate sucked for that play, Smith sucked all game.
Originally posted by rawdel:

Thirsty much? How bout a glass of Kool-aid?

is it sweetened?

Troy Smith. If he's even close to being up to speed, we need to give him a shot. It doesn't matter that Alex knows the offense more, he can't execute it so it doesn't matter. We can't do much worse with either of our backup QBs or even Nate Davis. All 3 of those guys can throw the short passes that netted most of Alex's yards anyway.

Originally posted by dj43:

alex did not lose this game. Nate needs to go down. If he does game over. He tried to be a hero. We don't need heros we need smart TEAM players.

at least he made an incredible play in intercepting the ball in the first place, Ryan was ready to drive down field anyway.....and Nate also had a great game leading up to that...and so did most of our defense...even Haralson played well....and for a Rookie Taylor Mays did fine for his first ever start

what did Alex do to help the team to win today?

Nate lost the game today. The 49ers were in the lead. Its on Nate.

well if you want to get like that....well we were still in the lead after that fumble..

THEN WHO DO YOU WANT TO BLAME NOW?????? NATE Again??

I don't know what your problem is 9erJim....but I don't remember you ever being this dense.

Nate a Vet, he goes down we win. what part of that you dont get? He screwed up. Late in the game in a tight game on the road a vet should know better. He cost the 49ers the game. He makes huge $$$. he screwed up.
I don't think money had anything to do with it but, yes, it was all on Clements. He's a vet who should have realized exactly how much time there was and gone down. If he goes down, the offense can run three plays and kick a field goal which would have left Atlanta with something like 25 seconds to drive the entire length of the field with no time outs remaining.

I agree he should have went out of bounds or down..but like I said, I understand what he was trying to do during those circumstances our team was in....was showing.

anyway..there was 1:30 left when he fumbled...if he quickly went down...maybe there would have been say 1:37....the Falcons had all 3 timeouts

so worse case scenario....they stop our patented run up the middle with Gore....

maybe about 1:10 left if not more.....who says Nedny would have made the kick or if it were blocked return for a score.......but let just say he did make the kick....Falcons would still would have had about a minute to score a TD...and the way Ryan was hitting his receivers, that was not out of the question.

not saying it was the right thing to do....but its not like the game would have been over for sure if Nate went straight down.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:

Next year? The options are various and wonderful.

yup. pro-style college qbs like aaron rodgers
I dont get how anyone with a brain can accept the garbage play from A.smith. I tried supporting him but anyone watching every game this season can see hes a below average QB. Did you not see the multiple overthrows.. the under throw to gore at his ankles that he some how caught.....???

Hes probobly the only QB drafted overall to be given a 6 year leash to do nothing but drag a franchise down. They said we didnt have playmakers for him.. so we drafted gore, vd , and crabs... a pro bowl tight end and running back. they say its a constancy issue with OC's... we tried keeping an OC for 2 years, giving him time training camp and preseason to learn a SIMPLE play book. They say its the line so we draft 2 first rounders for the O-line. WE BUILT THIS TEAM AROUND SMITH.. dont hold your breath waiting for results, everyone else has passed out.

If this was any other town he would be crucified.. imagine this playing out in Boston, Philadelphia or Ny...

I bought a cup of the "smith will be good some day" kool-aid. and i want my money back... the experiment is over.
[ Edited by eastbay9erfn on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Troy Smith. If he's even close to being up to speed, we need to give him a shot. It doesn't matter that Alex knows the offense more, he can't execute it so it doesn't matter. We can't do much worse with either of our backup QBs or even Nate Davis. All 3 of those guys can throw the short passes that netted most of Alex's yards anyway.

yup.

it doesn't matter if i have a broom... if i think it's used for flying instead of sweeping floors, what use is it!?
Jesus, Tony. It took you this long?

I'm not a fan of his, but he is the guy that's playing QB for our team. I cheer only for the logo on the helmet, and not the name on the jersey.
Share 49ersWebzone