LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

How good does the qb play need to be

Shop Find 49ers gear online
? Looking at teams like KC, Pit, Mia, tenn, they seem to have success no matter who they have at qb, so the question is does this team have enough talent to make it with ok qb play?

Before the season I certainly thought so but were 0-4, so obviously not, I really don't care who is qb as long as we win. But after today I have certinly lost all hope in Alex, but sadly I think he is the best we have.

So the question is how good does the qb play need to be? Elite? Good? Game manager? Ok? Poor?
In our case servicable. Smith doesn't even give us that.
Originally posted by kstolai:

Hey you shut your your mouth when you talk about Smith. He's a legend... in Utah.
trade a FG for every INT and we would be 3-1.
Minus some of the stupid turnovers/mistakes and were a pretty good football team.

were close, for the QB play to be better the Oline needs to hold blocks a lil longer
Originally posted by rawdel:

Hey you shut your your mouth when you talk about Smith. He's a legend... in Utah.

and you need to close that hole in your face. Rawdel Dingleberry
Originally posted by rawdel:

This is not meant to be a Asmith thread more about the overall talent of are team
Put in carr,how much worse is he really gonna be,and if he actually doesnt take the sack hes more accurate throwing the ball downfield.
Originally posted by txniner2:
Put in carr,how much worse is he really gonna be,and if he actually doesnt take the sack hes more accurate throwing the ball downfield.

agree
I don't see what Nate Davis did so wrong to end up on the practice squad? It's not like Smith or Carr were lighting it up. He can't possibly do worse than Smith is doing. Smith may be a really nice guy and intelligent and all, but he just doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

• bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Minus some of the stupid turnovers/mistakes and were a pretty good football team.

were close, for the QB play to be better the Oline needs to hold blocks a lil longer

A good football team is one that doesn't make turnovers and mistakes. We're a BAD football team!

agree

double agree

This. He's the official check-down king and cant hit any f**king receiver if they are more than 20 yards away from him! Pathetic!
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

agree

double agree

No way! Leave him in there to either sink or swim and let's be done with this. Let him play the entire year so that he gets a chance to also play against some 'easier' teams. We need all the Alex Smith-loving fans that HE NEVER WAS, NEVER IS, AND NEVER WILL BE A SUCCESSFUL FRANCHISE-LOOKING QUARTERBACK!

AND YES, THE BOLDED CAPS MEANS I'M PISSED!

Better than Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone