LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

If we go with Carr now, would we have a Titan like Return of V Young turnaround?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I am assuming you are talking about CArr as HC, right? Because with BM around Qb doesn't matter. Fix HC, fix the team. Fire BM.
i'm willing to go with anything the coaches come up with that involves TRYING
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Have you seen Carr play the game? He is like a statue.

Agree, but Alex, for all his supposed quickness panics when he is under a rush. Carr seemed to actually do a better job on check-offs.

Even if Carr sucks, it's simply not working with Alex!

The fact that Carr doesn't seem to have Sing's confidence doesn't mean jack to me; after all, Alex DOES have Sing's confidence!
If the o-line can play like they did against the Saints and Falcons, then Carr should be fine. Also, I've seen him take off and run a number of times. A statue he is not.

The problem to me is that Alex has played well in the 1st half of every game this season. Well enough at least. He's absolutely tanked in the 2nd half. Maybe we just play Alex then, then switch to Carr. This is only a half-serious suggestion.
maybe if this was track and field. i dont want him out there shot putting the ball and fumbling all over the place
The difference between Vince Young and David Carr is that Vince actually won games.

His career record before this year was 26-13

David Carr is 23-56

David Carr is a LOSER for those that have trouble comprehending statistics.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
The difference between Vince Young and David Carr is that Vince actually won games.

David Carr is 23-56

Considering Vince Young took over a team that was more or less a playoff team and Carr was the 1st ever pick of an expansion team, I would hope Young would have the edge in the win-loss column.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

David Carr is 23-56

That's good logic.

Why didn't the 49ers use that logic when they decided that Alex Smith was a better option at quarterback than Shaun Hill.

Someone remind me again, what was Shaun Hill's record as a 49er starting quarterback
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Thank you.

Niners can turn it around. The players lost confidence in Smith. The defense is still playing at a high level though.

Put Carr in and see what happens. Singletary has formed his opinion on Carr. He would rather suite up Ronald Mcdonald and go down with the ship with the clown than try something different.

Ken Weizenhunt (sp?) pulled Derek Anderson for a rookie from Utah State. True, SanDiego Chargers Maulled them 50-7? Ken gets bigger props cause he recognize what was wrong and did something about it.
Originally posted by MachineToss:
Niners can turn it around. The players lost confidence in Smith. The defense is still playing at a high level though.

Put Carr in and see what happens. Singletary has formed his opinion on Carr. He would rather suite up Ronald Mcdonald and go down with the ship with the clown than try something different.

Ken Weizenhunt (sp?) pulled Derek Anderson for a rookie from Utah State. True, SanDiego Chargers Maulled them 50-7? Ken gets bigger props cause he recognize what was wrong and did something about it.

Yea well yesterdays game wasn't as cut and dry. We weren't getting mauled and Alex wasn't playing terrible. He's completion percentage was like 66% and Sing said he was playing "Great".

I guess Singletarys expectations of a great QB are somewhat low considering he played with McMahon.
Originally posted by crzy:

David Carr is 23-56

That's good logic.

Why didn't the 49ers use that logic when they decided that Alex Smith was a better option at quarterback than Shaun Hill.

Someone remind me again, what was Shaun Hill's record as a 49er starting quarterback

crzy, aint heard from you in a long time. Lets not forget what the Hill fans held onto, undefeated at home, a winning record, but didnt specify how long that span of wins covered and when. Didnt compensate that he couldnt throw the long ball consistently. How much Morgan and co complained that sometimes his passes came down like a punt.

I think thats why the Shaun Hill starshipped crashed. At least i think thats what they used to call it.

Carr is no Shaun HIll, so talk all you want about Carr, but please leave Shaun in Detroit, we have enough problems to worry about on our team, than someone who's not even on the roster.
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by MachineToss:

Yea well yesterdays game wasn't as cut and dry. We weren't getting mauled and Alex wasn't playing terrible. He's completion percentage was like 66% and Sing said he was playing "Great".

I guess Singletarys expectations of a great QB are somewhat low considering he played with McMahon.

that was a good one. My thing is that those two int's where thrown with 9:24 left in the 3rd quarter, with then entire 4th qt to go. There D played good, as well as theirs did. But in the end it was the D, that didnt get it done. And how alex played, did he really say Great. I'd say ok. He may not have won it for us, but he didnt soley lose it for us either.
No I cant see it happening, we dont have the game plan nor plays to make it like the Titans.
Share 49ersWebzone