LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

In 22 years of watching football....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Take a look at Alex's INT's. 5 out of 7 of his INT's are tipped balls that end up in the opposing defenses hands, instead of just ending up incomplete. Brian Murphy on KNBR said it best........Alex must have pissed off the football Gods something fierce to have this bad of luck. That and the fact that he still can't hit his receivers in stride even though they are less than 10 yds away.

This year has been particularly absurd with the twisted and gut wrenching ways to lose that this team has discovered.
I'm taking the "everything happens for a reason" stance at this point. And I did get to watch the game with an ex-49er today. That was a pleasant surprise.

Dave Kopay bought me a beer!
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Take a look at Alex's INT's. 5 out of 7 of his INT's are tipped balls that end up in the opposing defenses hands, instead of just ending up incomplete. Brian Murphy on KNBR said it best........Alex must have pissed off the football Gods something fierce to have this bad of luck. That and the fact that he still can't hit his receivers in stride even though they are less than 10 yds away.

This year has been particularly absurd with the twisted and gut wrenching ways to lose that this team has discovered.

These things happen for a reason! Its not just bad luck. Alex simply is not a good QB. And I'm a Smith SUPPORTER lol. We just need to accept the fact that he is a bust.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

These things happen for a reason! Its not just bad luck. Alex simply is not a good QB. And I'm a Smith SUPPORTER lol. We just need to accept the fact that he is a bust.
Agreed

Tipped picks tend to happen when you throw it high into coverage.

You can't deny that Smith throws high all the time. And his decision making isn't the best....see today game v ATL.
Is God mad at the 49ers?

i mean c'mon we cant f*cken catch a damn break!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I'm taking the "everything happens for a reason" stance at this point. And I did get to watch the game with an ex-49er today. That was a pleasant surprise.

Dave Kopay bought me a beer!

What did he say about the team?
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Is God mad at the 49ers?

i mean c'mon we cant f*cken catch a damn break!!!!!!!

We prematurely hired Singletard... The chickens are coming home to roost.
We just aren't that good.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We just aren't that good.

No need to sugar coat it... We suck. Period.

Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I have never seen a team make a game sealing INT and fumbled it on the return. We continously find new and creative ways to lose...

Seattle - Overthrowing passes and jumping routes unnecesarily
Saints - Give up a game winning drive with 1 minute left. Blocked a kick through the uprights? Never seen that happen.

KC - Forget about covering screens.

ATL - an int return fumble for the loss? allowing them to drive down the field twice within a minute.

We really needed those 9 points that A.Smith left on the board with those horrific passes and intentional grounding.

That was clearly a blown call by the refs. Gore was 5 yds from the ball. Replays proved that. So take it back. TAKE IT BACK!

i'm not trying to about bad calls like seattle fans, but it seems we always have a couple of bad calls go our way. not only do we have to battle 11 guys on the field and the home crowd, but we also have the refs against us

its a conspiracy!!! the nfl doesent want the niners to be great again.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Can we please stop with Clements' INT??? I mean, did White knock the ball out and roll into their endzone and recovered for a game winning TD or something???

Yeh ur right, but it did give them a chance to gain 60 yards for just a FG.

Just like we gave them a chance at the end of the half to get a FG.

Our D can't hold forever. Against a desperate ATL team, the secondary collapsed. we know thats the weakess so we cannot expose it. The score should not have been that close to begin with.

If Clements holds the ball we win that game. That was sickening to watch. I've never seen anything like that before. I just could't believe it.

They were driving anyway, Clements picked it off at their own 49 yard line. We had them down at their own 7 yard line, guess who gave up the big plays to set up the game winning FG?? Not Clements, but T. Brown and Goldson who wants Ed Reed type money LOL.

And if Smith doesn't throws those two picks takeaway 6 points and the last FG wouldn't have mattered.

IMO Smith is more to blame than Clements or even Brown and Spencer.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
A good coaching staff runs through all game scenarios, over and over again. How many times do you see an Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu intercept a pass in the same situation as Nate and hit the deck as soon as someone gets close to them. It could be a selfish player caring more about the shot at a pick six that gets him on sports center than doing what gives his team the best chance to win. Credit the Falcon player who didn't give up on the play.
[ Edited by BobS on Oct 3, 2010 at 10:48 PM ]
Can we please stop with Clements' INT??? I mean, did White knock the ball out and roll into their endzone and recovered for a game winning TD or something???

Our D can't hold forever. Against a desperate ATL team, the secondary collapsed. we know thats the weakess so we cannot expose it. The score should not have been that close to begin with.

If Clements holds the ball we win that game. That was sickening to watch. I've never seen anything like that before. I just could't believe it.

They were driving anyway, Clements picked it off at their own 49 yard line. We had them down at their own 7 yard line, guess who gave up the big plays to set up the game winning FG?? Not Clements, but T. Brown and Goldson who wants Ed Reed type money LOL.

And if Smith doesn't throws those two picks takeaway 6 points and the last FG wouldn't have mattered.

truth. fact. correct, sir.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:

truth. fact. correct, sir.

Thank you. I'm as frustrated as anyone else but lets lay the blame in the right area's.
Share 49ersWebzone