There are 163 users in the forums

In 22 years of watching football....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It all goes back to the discipline of fundamentals, and clearly 90% of our position coaches are trash bags. The only credible position coach on our team is Tom Tomasula (D-line).

Nobody on our team has gotten better since last season, and some have clearly declined (even beyond whomever is calling the plays). Our players have no discipline or fundamentals AS A WHOLE this season when it comes to composure.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by seeking6th:
I have never seen a team make a game sealing INT and fumbled it on the return. We continously find new and creative ways to lose...

Seattle - Overthrowing passes and jumping routes unnecesarily
Saints - Give up a game winning drive with 1 minute left. Blocked a kick through the uprights? Never seen that happen.

KC - Forget about covering screens.

ATL - an int return fumble for the loss? allowing them to drive down the field twice within a minute.

We really needed those 9 points that A.Smith left on the board with those horrific passes and intentional grounding.

he threw the game away?

Well if the score is 24-14, we would have won. ATL wasn't moving the ball until they went for a cheesy FG at the end.

so, if he intentionally threw it away, then he threw the game
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
I have never seen a team make a game sealing INT and fumbled it on the return. We continously find new and creative ways to lose...

Seattle - Overthrowing passes and jumping routes unnecesarily
Saints - Give up a game winning drive with 1 minute left. Blocked a kick through the uprights? Never seen that happen.

KC - Forget about covering screens.

ATL - an int return fumble for the loss? allowing them to drive down the field twice within a minute.

We really needed those 9 points that A.Smith left on the board with those horrific passes and intentional grounding.

That was clearly a blown call by the refs. Gore was 5 yds from the ball. Replays proved that. So take it back. TAKE IT BACK!

Its a judgement call. The refs thought he grounded it. We should of challenged if that was the case. That is a challengable call i believe.

Penalties are not challengeable. And every call is a "judgement call". Thats a BS answer to a terrible call.

I was wrong, you can't challenge that. However, many penalties are challangeable bro...

"Whether Illegal forward pass occured."
"Touching of a forward pass, either by an ineligible receiver or a defensive player"
"Whether a legal number of players is on the field at the time of the snap"

And not all penalites are judgement calls. Is delay of game a judgement call? What about illegal touching? What about inelligable man down field? Too many men on the field? Oh yah thats a real judgement call....

You need to cut with the absolutes or you will get called out.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Oct 3, 2010 at 7:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Shaj:
nothing is worse than the Roger Craig fumble. Just tryin' to put it in perspective.

that was heart-break motel-hell
In 18 years of watching football, I've never heard of a team going 19 games without scoring on their first drive!
I'm watching the Giants and the Bears game right now. All teams make the kind of mistakes we were making this afternoon. Eli Manning, Cutler, they and their team makes the same sh*t mistakes. The only difference is they can overcome them to win the game. We are not good enough to do it. We made some good plays against the Falcons but the loss and getting to 0-4 just overshadow much of it.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I'm watching the Giants and the Bears game right now. All teams make the kind of mistakes we were making this afternoon. Eli Manning, Cutler, they and their team makes the same sh*t mistakes. The only difference is they can overcome them to win the game. We are not good enough to do it. We made some good plays against the Falcons but the loss and getting to 0-4 just overshadow much of it.

We could get the #1 pick at this rate. Right now we are looking at top 5
i am begining to think we are truly cursed.

I think Bradshaw of the Giants just did a 'Clement'

LOL i saw that. Lets see if the Bears can respond though. I doubt it with Collins in there. Who the f**k is that btw.?

LOL i saw that. Lets see if the Bears can respond though. I doubt it with Collins in there. Who the f**k is that btw.?

Yeah, I'm trying to think who the heck is Todd Collins. Don't remember seeing him before, and they are saying he's a vet. But don't play like one. Watching these two teams play, I don't feel so bad about our situation.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Can we please stop with Clements' INT??? I mean, did White knock the ball out and roll into their endzone and recovered for a game winning TD or something???

Yeh ur right, but it did give them a chance to gain 60 yards for just a FG.

Just like we gave them a chance at the end of the half to get a FG.

Our D can't hold forever. Against a desperate ATL team, the secondary collapsed. we know thats the weakess so we cannot expose it. The score should not have been that close to begin with.

If Clements holds the ball we win that game. That was sickening to watch. I've never seen anything like that before. I just could't believe it.

Yeah, I'm trying to think who the heck is Todd Collins. Don't remember seeing him before, and they are saying he's a vet. But don't play like one. Watching these two teams play, I don't feel so bad about our situation.

Wow this guy is old school. He played in 1995 on the bills with Andre Reed and behind Jim Kelly. Holy s**t!
And now He's hurt!

Wow this guy is old school. He played in 1995 on the bills with Andre Reed and behind Jim Kelly. Holy s**t!

Share 49ersWebzone