LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
If we had a serviceable QB, would Sing's job even be in question ?

Consider we go up 21-0 against the Seahawks (like we should have)...

Consider the team putting up points in the first quarter (like we should have) against KC when our defense had their offense rattled.....

Consider the offense scoring more points after going up 14-0 against Atlanta.....

Even if we lose that game against the Saints (btw, if we had a good offense, we couldve put more points on the board), we should be 3-1 right now, cream of the crop in the NFL, and a favorite to possible win the first round bye (considering that the only GREAT team in the NFC right now is GB).

Imagine that.........first round bye (with a possible rematch of the 1997 NFC Champ. game against GB) vs. 0-4.

This is because our offense cant put up points DESPITE playcalling.

What a horrible 6 year project......
I wonder who we see first, Troy Smith or David Carr.
another exemple of mike singletary not knowing what's he talking about :
when asked about clements fumble " i'm sure he had the endzone in mind"
falcons players response to the same question : "he held the ball like a pack of bread"
(meaning down to the waist)
Yes as simple as that
It's not luck, faith, the gods or anything but the fact the player doesn't know how to handle the ball in his hands.
Another sign of a bad coached team
They didn't even took the lesson from last year and the dre bly fumble agaisnt the same team (except dre was showboating which nate didn't do, so let's say half the lesson)
why are you guys tripping...? you must have forgotten we are 4-0 in the preseason.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
another exemple of mike singletary not knowing what's he talking about :
when asked about clements fumble " i'm sure he had the endzone in mind"
falcons players response to the same question : "he held the ball like a pack of bread"
(meaning down to the waist)
Yes as simple as that
It's not luck, faith, the gods or anything but the fact the player doesn't know how to handle the ball in his hands.
Another sign of a bad coached team
They didn't even took the lesson from last year and the dre bly fumble agaisnt the same team (except dre was showboating which nate didn't do, so let's say half the lesson)

Watching Niner games is like watching dogs regurgitate meals. lol
In this economy, the only way to survive and put food on the table is apply for welfare or coach the forty niners...
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Consider the team putting up points in the first quarter (like we should have) against KC when our defense had their offense rattled.....

Consider the offense scoring more points after going up 14-0 against Atlanta.....

Even if we lose that game against the Saints (btw, if we had a good offense, we couldve put more points on the board), we should be 3-1 right now, cream of the crop in the NFL, and a favorite to possible win the first round bye (considering that the only GREAT team in the NFC right now is GB).

Imagine that.........first round bye (with a possible rematch of the 1997 NFC Champ. game against GB) vs. 0-4.

Hostler: check
Nolan: check
Raye: check
Mike Johnson: check??
Singletary: check???

We have a coach killer on our hands.
It was so sad yesterday, win the whole game and lose it in the last seconds... Yesterday i saw Singletary kneel on the ground and ask the Lord for help after the game.... I am praying too Coach. I still have my faith in the Lord, and my Niners!

GO 49ERS!!!!

It's their fault. Singletary is the guy who believes you can win with average QB play.

Do you really trust him bringing in our next QB?

If we would of had a coach with an offensive mind Smith would have been gone a long time ago. See Martz benching Smith in favor of JT O'Sullivan.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i'm not sure what firing singletary midseason would accomplish. there's no one to replace him with. if we're going to make a change at HC that change will come after the season anyway.

I agree. I think we still have a chance at winnning the west.
We always play tough at home and with Vick out we have a chance of winning against the Eagles and the Raiders. NFC west is still wide open and we might only have to win 8 games to win it.

We would have to go 8-4 to finish at .500. We have to leapfrog 3 teams. We are going to lose against San Diego in December, we are going to lose against Philly next week. We are going to lose to Denver in London. So that means we have to go 8-1 the rest of the schedule. Not going to happen.

Originally posted by midrdan:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i'm not sure what firing singletary midseason would accomplish. there's no one to replace him with. if we're going to make a change at HC that change will come after the season anyway.

I agree. I think we still have a chance at winnning the west.
We always play tough at home and with Vick out we have a chance of winning against the Eagles and the Raiders. NFC west is still wide open and we might only have to win 8 games to win it.

We would have to go 8-4 to finish at .500. We have to leapfrog 3 teams. We are going to lose against San Diego in December, we are going to lose against Philly next week. We are going to lose to Denver in London. So that means we have to go 8-1 the rest of the schedule. Not going to happen.

Thank you. Only one team has ever made playoffs after starting season 0-4. 0-4 basically means u stink as a team. In this case, no coach, no QB, no pass rush, no scouts who can consistently find talent, No OC who understands his craft equals stinko organization and team. Not surprised at all and until these things change expect more ineptness. Any one trying to spin things differently is as lost as this team.
Dj, and kilgore, do you really think it better to have a guy who knows nothing about HC staying around, when we have 2 guys who could function on their own, DC adn OC, without the muddled and out of date BM standing over them? If he were a savior or something like that , i might see your point. But all i see is one guy ruining the heart and soul of this team, and for that he needs to be fired...today seems like a good one.

Or give him one more game, tell him he is gonna be fired at end of game and see how the guys play...a dam site better i bet. Anyway, like with divorce, if you know it is over, what is the reason staying together? It ain't the kids. Bm staying on is a fool's errand and the quicker he leaves, the sooner we get better. I put my money on manusk and MJ over bm anywhere, anytime, anyway.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by tjd808185:

It's their fault. Singletary is the guy who believes you can win with average QB play.

Do you really trust him bringing in our next QB?

If we would of had a coach with an offensive mind Smith would have been gone a long time ago. See Martz benching Smith in favor of JT O'Sullivan.

Interesting point. You know...if we're talking about bringing in our next QB, I would actually prefer Mike Martz over John Gruden. Martz has a way of making young QBs into star players if they have the potential. He did wonders with Warner and Bulger. even made JTO look like a bonified QB at one point.

Plus, he's a pretty good talent evaluator. He benched Smith without even giving it a second thought. He knew the guy was garbage....

Would Martz come back to the Bay Area ? Hmmmmmm.........
What a bunch of crap. He'll be singing a differnet tune when the niners are 0-8 and leading contender for the first round pick in the draft. That's about the only exciting thing I have to look forward to this season. Thanks Jed! You suck!
Share 49ersWebzone