LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good, it's rather we scrap the ship after the cruise instead of hiring an interim and giving him the job at the end of the season cause he conveniently saved the season (even though he might do nothing for us later on).

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by cortana49:
We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.

Why? Can Sing NOW and bring in a truly interim head coach. Siefert, or some other retired HC with no real interest in staying. It has been done before. Then go get a real HC.

We have tried the "re-tead" Ericson
We have tried the "up and coming" coordinator, Nolan.
We have tried the Hire from "with in" Singletary, whats eft?

Hire a great college coach, Harbaugh?

How many GREAT college coaches pan out in the NFL? To me, it more of the same thing we've been doing - experimenting. Enough of the fcking with unknowns and lets deal with known commodities for once. Please.

I thought what the hell we've tried every thing else? retread, up and commer, and hired from within so whats left to try?

Almost everything else. Marty's out there, Gruden, Bilek (spelling) and what's going on with the Big Tuna. I'd fish there first and then throw Harbaugh some bate.
WAIT A MINUTE.

I read this article BEFORE THE GAME. The reporter just added a paragraph that the Niners lost in Atlanta.

So, I would completely dismiss this information as it is useless, since they lost again after this guy's "sources" told him this.
Its not how you start, But how you finish that matters
Originally posted by highwayone:
WAIT A MINUTE.

I read this article BEFORE THE GAME. The reporter just added a paragraph that the Niners lost in Atlanta.

So, I would completely dismiss this information as it is useless, since they lost again after this guy's "sources" told him this.

if they're winless going into the bye he'll be gone.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I don't see a point in letting him go. We have no one to fill the spot.

Mike Johnson: A Jimmy Raye clone. Who the hell calls 3 draws in a row??? Then a run up the middle on 2nd and 22??? WTF spread offense did you study son???

Greg Manusky: Probably the only real candidate. Don't see him having any type of success as head coach. I think he's a clone of Singletary but just with a little more experience as a DC.

We have no one. Lets just hope we draft a QB next year,

One without a functioning QB.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Its not how you start, But how you finish that matters

If you average out our wins and losses, we're on track to finish 0-16...
So I keep reading that Parcells is out in Miami and that he DOES NOT want to retire. If we don't bring him in next year, I will be extremely pissed.
Originally posted by seeking6th:
sources, sorcerors, saucers, their all the same - always coming up with stuff

Haha
We should keep Singletary until the end of the year. Use the remainder of the year to scout a good, experienced head coach for 2011.

Why? Can Sing NOW and bring in a truly interim head coach. Siefert, or some other retired HC with no real interest in staying. It has been done before. Then go get a real HC.

How many GREAT college coaches pan out in the NFL? To me, it more of the same thing we've been doing - experimenting. Enough of the fcking with unknowns and lets deal with known commodities for once. Please.

I can think of one...BILL WALSH.

Originally posted by dbdublin:

FDR will never be President again. We need to move forward.

BINGO! Walsh was a 1 in a billion type of coach.
Originally posted by Byisgod:

BINGO! Walsh was a 1 in a billion type of coach.

Amen brother.
Sources also confirm the 49ers are going for the 2008 Detroit Lions 0-16 record.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Sources also confirm the 49ers are going for the 2008 Detroit Lions 0-16 record.

Sources also say the 49ers are looking at hiring Dennis Ericson as the new Head Coach and Matt Millen as the new GM...
Share 49ersWebzone