LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Sources: Mike Singletary's job safe

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wut
what do you expect him to say. If we keep on losing he might get fired but im not sure since we have no one to take over. However he will be gone in the off season if he doesn't improve the team.
He can't say "i'm going to fire him at the end of the season" it would throw off any of whatever this team has left.
Originally posted by havier49:
What a bunch of crap. He'll be singing a differnet tune when the niners are 0-8 and leading contender for the first round pick in the draft. That's about the only exciting thing I have to look forward to this season. Thanks Jed! You suck!

First off where did you here this? If this is true I cannot believe the stupidity of this organization. How can he be so foolish?! Well Sing, you might want to start winning games so your buddy jed won't look like a fool.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
What a bunch of crap. He'll be singing a differnet tune when the niners are 0-8 and leading contender for the first round pick in the draft. That's about the only exciting thing I have to look forward to this season. Thanks Jed! You suck!

He said his job was safe this season cuz they dont have another coach to replace him with. Where did you get the idea that his job was safe next season?
coaching is a big issue, but at this point in time no coach can come in and pick up the pieces and turn us into a winning team. every single player that touches the ball it seems does some boneheaded attempt at making a play that ends up in a turnover.
Originally posted by fly15:

The Subject of this post is not correct. Jed didn't say it was safe NEXT season. In fact early in the video he said he will look at it one game at a time starting with the eagles.

Please link your references so we don't end up with misleading information

Click for Video Interview of Jed York regarding Sings Job Status

I stand corrected. But if I am not mistaken when Singletary was hired on as the interim coach he made the statement that " If he wasn't getting the job done" that he would resign himself. Thusfar from the games I've seen this season 80% of the garbage we watch is a result of Alex Smith. Crabtree, Clements, Walker, all bonehead isolated incidents. But the one commonality here is the conservative defensive minded old school play calling of a non X's and O's head coach, the playing "not to lose" philosophy, the lack of persuing potential free agent QB's in the offseason all stinks of Singletary. to quote Singletary " The players "played well" mentality does nothing to reassure the loyal fan base that ownership is expecting changes. Not the kind that involve Singletary standing at the mic at post game presser mumbling football metaphores and rancid football cliches. Hell it even seems like all of the reporters are scared to ask Singletary meaningful questions. Like their intimidated of him or something. His ass would have been run out of Phili, New York, or Dallas in a heart beat. Where is the passion, pride, good old fashioned reporter induced controversy and conflict. And by the way criticism, fear, and negative publicity can be one hell of a motivator. Just ask Wade Phillips! I'm just saying.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Coach_Singletary_s_Job_Is_Not_on_the_Line__York_Bay_Area.html

Jed York is really looking at this rationally (for the most part) right now that we're only 2 games out of the division beyond a 0-5 season.

No owner in his right mind would come out and question his coach/say otherwise (regardless of the obvious) cause it's toxic on every level professionally for the entire franchise (as well as in future terms trying to lure a new/better coach into the mix).
Pretty nice summary havier. Bigmike's(BMs) job is about as secure as a bowl of mush, which is basically the product he puts out. I said last week before ATL game if we lose two more, BM is done. Well, ATL came and went, we lost, so now it's ....
ONE AND DONE, baby, ONE AND DONE.

I know that is wishful thinking, but we are on track to repeat noln's last yr, except worse, and only a fool could not see similarities in the two losers we have had as most recent HCs. Thinking of BM as a HC, gives me gas. LB coach? hell yeah. HC? You gotta be kidding. So we win Manana?...it still is ONE and DONE.
there might not be a next season lockout plus theres not a coach with enough experince to take over for sing right now
Share 49ersWebzone