LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Philladelphia Eagles)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sorry if you dont want to hear it BUT..

1) Yorks
2) Singletary
3) Alex Smith

Until all 3 are gone I doubt the Niners ever get back to the top.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
... On any other team, Alex would not be having days like this. I can't help but think that.

To be honest I can't wait for Alex to go someplace and light it up. Because hey guess what -- those REAL NFL coaches will know that putting him in the shotgun 50/50 will play to his strengths. Alex looks pretty damn good in the shotgun, or with more than .5 seconds to throw the ball.
Originally posted by GoreForMore:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by dald1:
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
SCREW THAT s**t!!!!! IT'S ON SMITH!!!

I KNOW GORE FUMBLED, BUT SMITH SUX ASS!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE AWAY HIS STUPID FUMBLE FOR A TD, WE WOULD HAVE WON!!!!!,

IM DONE WITH THIS TEAM!!!! IM DONE, SCREW THIS!!!

yeah im sure you were one of the fake ass fans booing our team at the game. Try supporting your team sometime scrub...... also get out of caps you look like a dumb ass foreigner

so let me get this straight he is a fake fan if he boos a 0-5 team?

fake as F$#k

Quit being such a sheep.

"ITS ALEXS FAULT HE LOSTED THE GAME!!!"

Thanks for the contribution. Go look at his stats. This loss was clearly on Gore, the line, and worst of all the coaching staff putting the game in Gore's hands.

Alex's two interception, a desperate throw downfield and a desperate pass at the end of the game with defenders in his face.

He made a bad play with that fumble and that was it.

The defense played miserable too.

This is what you miss. Alex made a bad play on the play prior to him throwing that last interception. Gore was WIDE open for a TD and Alex can't throw the ball beyond the line of scrimage. He has more balls batted down at the line of scrimage than any QB I can think of; in the history of the game. Alex is simply not a good QB for this team.

im pretty sure ttime and fly1 are dating can anyone confirm this?

yea, and we're also dating the whole stadium right? did u hear that?? boooooooooooooooooooo, poor Alexia, he made a fool of himself, AGAIN

Thats right, sheep, you can't form an opinion for yourself.

What did Alex'ia' (brilliant twist on words) do after they booed him? Shut the up, that's right.

we lost by the way..... and he had ANOTHER interception that ended the game, he suxs, boooooooooooooo

Go watch soccer, clearly you don't get football.

go do a little research genius, soccer is FOOTball....

man you suck to a whole new level just do us all a favor and take a one way to the golden gate bridge and just jump

I'll do it when ever you get to 300 posts, if you're able to make it.

hahaha 300 posts man you really are special..... beware of dieing a virgin

Now now, you two kiss and make up
I understand what you're saying and I agree, but dont hate on Gore just because he had a bad game

he IS a dynamic player, it's not his fault that Raye (and now MJ too apparently) seem to think that running him between the tackles 95% of the time is the right way to 'showcase' him

[ Edited by znk916 on Oct 10, 2010 at 22:18:36 ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't know if it was Sing limiting Johnson or Johnson himself but we ran the ball up the middle a ton on 1st and 2nd down, a few times to the outside but ONLY 1 PLAYACTION. We had been doing more of that but how many times did the Eagles know it was coming and would have been eating out of our hands if we could properly do a play action or at least call one.

Because last week, Alex Smith played a horrible game and Frank Gore was awesome. Frank Gore is supposed to be our best offensive player while Alex Smith is a bit of an inconsistent commodity. The gameplan should always be to build around Gore.

Of course, the problem with this is that we live and die by Gore's performance. Unless Alex Smith channels some Montana, Young, and Garcia... we should continue to go with Gore while mixing it up in offense.
Originally posted by daWest:
i felt absolutely terrible for Alex once the boos started raining down...i was kinda ashamed of our fan base and still am a little shocked that Alex was subjected to that type of resentment and hostility from his home crowd... i'm well aware of the struggles he's had since we drafted him, but in the 25 years i've been watching football, i know a quarterback who has the potential to become great when i see one...this loss isnt alex's fault what so ever....terrible blocking on the ends, 2 fumbles by our horse, and failing to capitalize on the PHI turnover right b4 halftime...not every1 is being accountable to the team concept...playing winning football is about 11 guys on defense, 11 guys on O, and 11 guys on special teams all working and flowing together as one...in the first five games thats only happened a handful of times on any given play thus far....KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ALEX!!! AND TO NINER NATION, THESE GUYS NEED OUR SUPPORT MORE NOW THAN THEY EVER HAVE...GO NINERS!!!!
this sounds like a singletary speech, how much did they pay you to post this? how can you ask us to just keep hoping after a 5 game loosing streak?!? 6 years of non winning seasons from alex. this was supposed to be his year. we have given him every chance. stop trying to rally the troops. its too late

[ Edited by duncan913 on Oct 10, 2010 at 22:21:46 ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I don't know if it was Sing limiting Johnson or Johnson himself but we ran the ball up the middle a ton on 1st and 2nd down, a few times to the outside but ONLY 1 PLAYACTION. We had been doing more of that but how many times did the Eagles know it was coming and would have been eating out of our hands if we could properly do a play action or at least call one.

Because last week, Alex Smith played a horrible game and Frank Gore was awesome. Frank Gore is supposed to be our best offensive player while Alex Smith is a bit of an inconsistent commodity. The gameplan should always be to build around Gore.

Of course, the problem with this is that we live and die by Gore's performance. Unless Alex Smith channels some Montana, Young, and Garcia... we should continue to go with Gore while mixing it up in offense.

the YPC wasn't there against Atlanta but the consistent 3 yard gains were, which put us in alot of 3rd and shorts

i swear it had everything to do with Byham being on the field instead of Norris, I mean its hard to miss when 44 is in the game with his old school pads
This resembles nothing of a professional football club...mistakes at every turn wether it be front office,coaching errors,or mistakes on the field.

I am so sick of this crap...throw the bank at Coach Gruden.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
... On any other team, Alex would not be having days like this. I can't help but think that.

To be honest I can't wait for Alex to go someplace and light it up. Because hey guess what -- those REAL NFL coaches will know that putting him in the shotgun 50/50 will play to his strengths. Alex looks pretty damn good in the shotgun, or with more than .5 seconds to throw the ball.

On any other team Alex Smith wouldn't be starting. Let him go to any team, Shaun Hill looks better than him and has a winning record. W is what counts and you guys tend to always have excuses it's been 6 years already he's done!
Tim Rattay's clone!

Yes, it's true that Frank Gore didn't have a good game. Crabtree and Davis drop balls every once in a while and when they do, someone calls for their heads.

But realistically, who's been making consistent mistakes throughout the season and ever since he's been with the 49er's? He can be brilliant one moment and turns the ball over the next.

He's had a very long rope but I'm willing to bet that the hook will come out before the season is over. ... and that he won't be invited back next season. Think some other team will pick him up and make him All pro-caliber?

Good luck on that!

Originally posted by seeking6th:
preseason champs turned real-deal chumps!

alexis is weak.

we need to cut off the bell cow's (gore) ankles. she is no longer any good... chop off all of HER limbs.. the bell cow fumbles too much!

grandma in a hoveround can run circles around members in our secondary!

singletary has a gross fetish for alexis and it's making me sick to my stomach!!!

PS: SHAUN HILL (the ugly woman i voted out) WON WITH THE LIONS TODAY!!!!!!

DETROIT LIONS, YOU HAVE COMPANY...... 0-16 HERE WE COME!!!!!!

Shut the f**k up!!

Originally posted by duncan913:
Originally posted by daWest:
i felt absolutely terrible for Alex once the boos started raining down...i was kinda ashamed of our fan base and still am a little shocked that Alex was subjected to that type of resentment and hostility from his home crowd... i'm well aware of the struggles he's had since we drafted him, but in the 25 years i've been watching football, i know a quarterback who has the potential to become great when i see one...this loss isnt alex's fault what so ever....terrible blocking on the ends, 2 fumbles by our horse, and failing to capitalize on the PHI turnover right b4 halftime...not every1 is being accountable to the team concept...playing winning football is about 11 guys on defense, 11 guys on O, and 11 guys on special teams all working and flowing together as one...in the first five games thats only happened a handful of times on any given play thus far....KEEP YOUR HEAD UP ALEX!!! AND TO NINER NATION, THESE GUYS NEED OUR SUPPORT MORE NOW THAN THEY EVER HAVE...GO NINERS!!!!
this sounds like a singletary speech, how much did they pay you to post this? how can you ask us to just keep hoping after a 5 game loosing streak?!? 6 years of non winning seasons from alex. this was supposed to be his year. we have given him every chance. tell try and rally the troops. its too late

When you write out such well thought-out statements such as this one it's hard to not imediately notice your obvious brilliance...

FACT: There were many factors that contributed to alex's 2 ints and 1 fumble.

FACT: The fans booed him in what may be one of the most emotionally intense moments in the NFL

FACT: Alex Smith came out and threw 2 td's to get his team back in the game after said moment, showing that he has more balls than someone like you who can write out poorly-worded insults from behind a keyboard.

FACT: When we changed the playcalling from our standard stone-age-of-football philosphy to something resembling a modern passing game, Alex Smith made plays left and right.

FACT: On that last drive the O-line was swiss cheese and alex pretty much had no time to throw. He took a massive hit trying while he was trying like hell to make a play for his football team so they could win their first game. As a result the ball sailed on him.

No one is saying he didn't throw the interceptions or make bad plays. What we are saying is when you base your entire argument on "OMG 2 INTZ AND Teh FUMBLE HE SUXXXX" we will automatically assume you have no idea what you are talking about because you, in fact, do not know what you are talking about.

This team has much bigger problems then alex smith. It starts with our head coach's insistence on running possibly the s**ttiest offensive play-calling philosophy in the NFL, and also includes our defense's inability to make plays in the secondary.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:

On any other team Alex Smith wouldn't be starting. Let him go to any team, Shaun Hill looks better than him and has a winning record. W is what counts and you guys tend to always have excuses it's been 6 years already he's done!

Man I'm not in any way excusing his play. Where did I say that? All I'm saying is that if Alex was on another team -- the coaching staff there would utilize his STRENGTHS. Unlike our coaching!! Shaun Hill looks better? Sure he does... Why? Because they gameplan to utilize his strengths. Tell me this -- and be honest and unbiased -- does Alex Smith look exponentially better in the shotgun?
Why not? Smith AND Gore sucked tonight! See they can both suck!
Alex Smith SUCKS! AND Gore look OLD! See I did it again!

Sing should have "rested" Frank after the 1st fumble. Frank has not broken a f**king tackle all season!

I Knew Alex was going to throw that pick in the last minute! Told my wife "even thought everything has played out for us to win, watch Alex f**k it up!" And Boom "The Pick"

I think "The Pick" should be remembered like we do the 'The Catch", a moment that all forty niner fans will never forget, the moment we could all finally agree that ALEX is cursed!

Alex at his best is average! when he is back in the spread, calling audibles and completing passes, he looks like an average NFL qb, thats all average!

Sing=Done!
Alex=Done!

The fans tonight showed great restraint not throwing garbage on the field, but I guess more garbage on the field would be redundant!

Yea, we need a f**king pass rush too!

Done for now the f**king pissed to write anymore!
Alex has no time. Our Line is a joke. Not saying Alex is a great qb, but I'd like to see him get some time to throw.

Pass D...joke

Singletary and his run run run...joke.

We need better protection, a spread offense, a D that can stop the pass (why dont teams just come out and throw the deep ball against us all day?!?), and a coach with the stones to throw the ball in this passing league.
Share 49ersWebzone