LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Most exciting 49er championship season ever?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Most exciting 49er championship season ever?

Have any of our other championship teams had to overcome as much adversity and turmoil? I can't wait to see what happens next, this has certainly been a memorable championship season so far, if it turns out that way!

Like Coach Sing says, just keep watching the games. This feels like a team of destiny, the ultimate Hollywood comeback story!
IBTL
2010. Going for 0 - 16.
i love u
[ Edited by phatbutskinny on Oct 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2010. Going for 0 - 16.

you can't win a championship going 0-16, unless you are talking about getting the 1st pick in the draft
Originally posted by znk916:
2010. Going for 0 - 16.

you can't win a championship going 0-16, unless you are talking about getting the 1st pick in the draft
2010. Going for 0 - 16.

so you are saying we need a poll between 2004 and 2010????

2010 for sure!
2010. Going for 0 - 16.

youre breaking new ground here copernicus
3-1 in beating ourselves!!!!

Come on guys, let's go for 15-1.
Alex Smith needs to get cut.

really??
Well, I can't speak for an event I wasn't around for, but I'm pretty sure 1981 was the party to end all parties.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Well, I can't speak for an event I wasn't around for, but I'm pretty sure 1981 was the party to end all parties.

ya I bet 1981 was exciting since the team never won before
Originally posted by zillabeast:

ya I bet 1981 was exciting since the team never won before

You're absolutely correct, but it was the goal line stand that makes it difficult, even now, to properly put into words. The suspense of that series and the miraculous tackle by Dan Bunz made that game seem like reality had paused and you were watching a team do something well beyond their normal capacity--it was almost eerie. You've got to remember, that was a team of nobodies, talented and promising nobodies, but nobodies just the same. Those weren't living legends of later teams playing like supermen, they were just a bunch of ordinary football players doing something very special.

Like I said, hard to put into words.
81 was like the first love your life!
Share 49ersWebzone