• Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by strickac:
No, but after his second fumble last night, he should've been benched. He didn't look good out there and we had Westbrook just itching to get out there against his old team. Especially when we switch to a pass-heavy attack, Westbrook should get the nod. He's better in the passing game.

you don't bench your star player who has been reliable 99% of the time. JMHO.

actually I do think that would've been as good a time as any to bench Gore and get Westbrook into the game

Yes. I wanted Singletary to bench him after his first fumble to send a message to the entire team that this isn't going to turn into a 3-turnover game. Benching him for a drive and putting in Dixon or Westbrook would have opened Gore's eyes and possibly allowed for other players to make something happen and open up coach's eyes.

f**ken turnovers.

Benching and Gore shouldn't be in the same sentence. Reducing his load is one thing, but benching him is retarded.

he should have been benched last night before the second fumble. Eagles obviously had his number. Westy should of come in.

QB has how many turnovers in 5 games? but we're going to bench Gore on his first turnovers of the season. Not going to happen.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by strickac:
No, but after his second fumble last night, he should've been benched. He didn't look good out there and we had Westbrook just itching to get out there against his old team. Especially when we switch to a pass-heavy attack, Westbrook should get the nod. He's better in the passing game.

you don't bench your star player who has been reliable 99% of the time. JMHO.

actually I do think that would've been as good a time as any to bench Gore and get Westbrook into the game

Yes. I wanted Singletary to bench him after his first fumble to send a message to the entire team that this isn't going to turn into a 3-turnover game. Benching him for a drive and putting in Dixon or Westbrook would have opened Gore's eyes and possibly allowed for other players to make something happen and open up coach's eyes.

f**ken turnovers.

Benching and Gore shouldn't be in the same sentence. Reducing his load is one thing, but benching him is retarded.

he should have been benched last night before the second fumble. Eagles obviously had his number. Westy should of come in.

QB has how many turnovers in 5 games? but we're going to bench Gore on his first turnovers of the season. Not going to happen.

Jimmy Johnson was able to be an effective coach because E. Smith let himself get yelled at the most. This is what Tim Duncan does with the Spurs.

Benching Gore would have been a message to the entire team, not just Gore, that this coach is not going to let this team beat itself. It has nothing to do with Gore.
Every week he gets stuffed & the commentators always say "You can stop Frank 25 times in a row & then he can bust a 50+ yard run." Well I'm still waiting...... He not done by any means but running your offense around him is questionable at best. Especially with Westbrook & Dixon waiting in the wings.
Not done but hold on to the dam ball
lol, no. he hasn't lost anything--except the ball from time to time. That's his fatal flaw and he hasn't fixed it, which is very disappointing.
WTF is with some of u people, Our players have a bad game here and there and u ask if they are done. I think some of u downers should go be reporters in the media...
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I don't think he's done, but I do think he needs to give up some carries to Dixon or Westbrook. If this offense is going to get going, we need to utilize all the talent we have. And having gore out there 95% of the time isn't going to help this team. Gore, Westbrook, and Dixon all hve their own way of running. Defenses focus on Gore because thats all we ever show.

If he continues to take a pounding, he'll get worn down quickly.
We have basically have two rookies on the O-Line with Iupati and Davis ...... and if you add Chilo Rachal and you could call it three. The O-Line looks like it's gonna take some more time. I don't think that Gore is done but his lead blocker Moran Noris should have already been gone. I also continue to scratch my head as to why Westbrook doesn't get more playing time especially when Gore coughs up the ball twice , we have some other options and the coach could have sent a message to the whole damn team. JMHO
holy s**t seriously? just look at the 'push' our OL gets vs the opposition OL

our OL always gets stacked up at the line or pushed back, linebackers are always free to shoot the gaps and hit Gore at the line. Gore never had the speed to run sweeps, but he can definitely get outside the tackles if only we angled our blocks and got people moving side to side instead of just pushing straight ahead and not getting defenses to move their feet one way and have to react to Gore cutting another way

opposing OL is always 3 yards down the field and wiping out our linebackers...just look how much east-west movement they get blocking our DL

NOT happening, guys cannot even makes cutrs without slipping down.
One thing is for sure. We can guarantee Frank Gore have a multiple fumble game at least twice a year.

Originally posted by LanceQ:
No, I don't believe he's done, but we definitley have to use other options. This Frank Gore up the middle, around the side, throw a screen pass, split him out wide needs to stop.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
lol, no. he hasn't lost anything--except the ball from time to time. That's his fatal flaw and he hasn't fixed it, which is very disappointing.

+1
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
One thing is for sure. We can guarantee Frank Gore have a multiple fumble game at least twice a year.

That's what U get for running him into the ground like the way we have. Frank has a history with fumbles.
the entire NFL knows our game plan without having to watch an actual film on our games...break down below

1st down: dive play up the middle with Frank for 1-2 yrds
2nd down: see above
3rd down: we're in a 3rd and long. qb is in shotgun therefore a pass play. cover all the receivers and collapse the pocket. sack or better yet a turnover.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Frank Gore will be fine, but I agree we need more of a rotation out there so the defense won't key on just one RB. What I'd like to see is Westbrook and Gore in the backfield, with Westbrook motioning out to the slot. Or Anthony Dixon in singleback sets.
Share 49ersWebzone