LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Our Defense feeling they need to score TDs for us... :(

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by HessianDud:

we had the lead. the D didn't NEED to score at all, and if Clements thought so, then he's even dumber than I thought.

we would have had the ball with 1:30 something minutes left...and the Falcons had all three timeouts.....even if we were able to score a FG...that would have still left them time to drive down field...

again, not that it was the right decision by Nate....but I'm sure through the game the defense and even the coaches were probably preaching turnovers and a score if possible...especially how our offense was playing.

Nate was trying to set up one last block for the TD....his mistake and ANOTHER GREAT play by Rodney White....I'm wondering if Terrell Brown should have clipped him or pushed him in the back, ANYTHING as soon as he saw him pass him by.
Are we really spending this much time discussing why individuals in a team sport try to do too much and get greedy for personal accomplishment? Especially Nate Clements of all people.
they felt this way the past 8 seasons now.
Ball security has become a major issue for us.
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:
That play might encapsulate the entire season.

Agreed, he goes out. we run 3 times kick a fg and waste time of the clock. we need to learn to win. This team is the youngest in the nfl it's going to take time. Also so what if matt ice has 1 or 50 seconds we played ok it would have to be a td for them a fg wouldn't win it. IM SICK OF LOSSING BY WATCHING A KICKER!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:28 PM ]
Yes; Nate should have held onto the ball. If he got the TD the game would have been over. If he just went down we probably would have still lost. They still had all three time outs and we would have called three run plays up the middle to for no yards. Then we kick a FG and getthe ball back and then they would probably march down the field and get a TD.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
still Nate should have known to go down or out of bounds..with how much time was left on the clock....but for some reason i have a feeling any of our defenders would have did the same thing.... they are so desperate for us to score points because our offense isn't.

our offense just scored 7 points all game....defense and yes Nate had a great game most of the game....but this is where players start to do too much to make up for others and it backfires.

roddy caught bly, then caught nate.

when will we ever learn?

MAYS would've got 6!
Originally posted by kstolai:
Ball security has become a major issue for us.
Thats BS. Nate should have known better. We were at least in FG position if Nate goes out of bounds when we were in Falcons territory. We would have run the ball 3x and kick the field goal...we win. I dont buy this whole, "Well they didnt trust the offense."

That said, we win if Alex doesn't throw the picks. Thats the most important thing.
Maybe, thats how players felt in Seattle and KC. Clements looked too excited in this game than some others at least.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
yeah, all our offense contributed to this game was 7 points.
It is silly to think that Nate was trying to score because the offense wasn't producing, he was trying to score because that is what you do when you pick one off and have open field in front of you. Why is there always some conspiracy theory about someones motives with you? It is what it is, if he just holds onto the ball, we manage to pull out the win. Bottom line, we are a young team on the offensive side of the ball and we look like it.
Share 49ersWebzone