LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

UH-fensive Aw-fensive Situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I had to change the title, since "Offensive Offensive Situation" would've been confusing!

Coach Catholic-tary is totally to blame--I think Raye was executing his vision for a bland, boring offense to a T. So instead of asking him to "open up the playbook" (aka, do the exact opposite of what we're doing now), Simpletary fires Raye and promotes Jim Hostler part 2 (aka, someone with ZERO play calling experience).

Huh?

Coach Single-minded's "tough decisions" involves using the EXACT SAME playbook, but with a ROOKIE play caller. Again, instead of asking someone who has experience creating a (bad) gameplan and stringing together play calls, the offensive incompetence has potentially multiplied exponentially.

Of course, things could get better.

But these are the "new look" Niners, with throwback jerseys and an archaic approach to football in 2010.

Disgusting is the new norm.
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on Oct 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM ]
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
I had to change the title, since "Offensive Offensive Situation" would've been confusing!

Coach Catholic-tary is totally to blame--I think Raye was executing his vision for a bland, boring offense to a T. So instead of asking him to "open up the playbook" (aka, do the exact opposite of what we're doing now), Simpletary fires Raye and promotes Jim Hostler part 2 (aka, someone with ZERO play calling experience).

Huh?

Coach Single-minded's "tough decisions" involves using the EXACT SAME playbook, but with a ROOKIE play caller. Again, instead of asking someone who has experience creating a (bad) gameplan and stringing together play calls, the offensive incompetence has potentially multiplied exponentially.

But these are the "new look" Niners, with throwback jerseys and an archaic approach to football in 2010.

Wow...where to start with this one...

Mike Johnson himself said that he thinks People unfairly slant Mike Singletary's statements about wanting a power offense. You can want a power offense and not want it to feature bad playcalling, nor be exclusively composed of runs up the middle.

Secondly, you really think they are going to throw out the playbook in the middle of the season and try to install a WHOLE FREAKING NEW playbook? Are you serious?...really???

Raye's playbook contains passing plays and spread formations. We saw them last year...

Way to start a new thread just to rip on the recent organizational decisions. It's not like that's a unique opinion or anything currently. Further, it's not like there are about 10 threads in ninertalk already talking about this. Oh wait....
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:

Huh?

Sorry I don't think that nickname will ever catch on.. you might want to...
never use it again

So we should have kept Jimmy Raye? I'm sorry, but the predictability and the lack of creativity can not get any worse than it has been. No way Johnson can be any worse. I could coordinate better than Raye because at least I wouldn't be falling asleep every other play.
Share 49ersWebzone