There are 189 users in the forums

The problem is temporary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:

Super blunt?

Does it make you gay if you stick a blunt that big in your mouth?
Originally posted by gravelburn:
Originally posted by elguapo:
well here it is in a nutshell. Our OC sucks, our OL sucks and alex smith is inconsistent. Followed by our D playing bad when they have a short field due to a turnover by our offense.

That's about it. If our OL improves, which it will, our qb will improve as well as our offense and oud D will not have to be on the field and defend short fields under 30 yards like 5 times already. We already got rid of our predictable oc so that's a good start.

Also, many of us figured we would be 1-2 by now so what's the problem. We sucked for 2 games, even though we outplayed sea and NO, but most of us stated we would be 8-8 to 10-6 and the only games left on our schedule that are tough are gb sd atl and phi. I'm still sticking by my 9-7 to 10-6 prediction for the year and a division win over sea by 1 game. Not panicing yet and Sea and Ariz can't keep winning by special teams like last week (how is it only the niners division opponents get so lucky with 3 kick returns and 3 missed fg's to help each sea and ariz win....wow, i guess it's better to be lucky than good).

Sea allowing 500 yards and ariz getting their asses kicked by oak, we are still going to win the division.....remember our whole division are going to lose to NO and ATL as well.

not being optimistic, more like realistic i feel i'm right with these assessments and i will do an elguapo dance by years end with all of you at the first home playoff game in the webzone parking lot

I agree with your assessment, but a lot will depend on how well Johnson can take over as OC and the degree to which Singletary can maintain a hold on the locker room. Just 0-3 might have been explainable at this point, but as bad as we've looked, people need to see some glimmer of hope on the field before they'll buy into your assessment.

I think you could be right, but the media portrayal of the sky falling within our organization makes it a tough sale to believe this thing can truly be turned around this year. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time the media has overhyped something, and if you look at the actual moves that have been made, we're probably a better team for it. You do have to wonder the effect all this has had on team morale and their trust in Singletary though. If it IS turned around this year, it'll be one hell of a story.

Agree, I'm hanging in here too!
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:

Super blunt?

Does it make you gay if you stick a blunt that big in your mouth?

Never thought about it like that bro.
Damn El Guapo, I wish I could agree with you on this one. But i cant.
The problem isn't just with the oline it is with the philosophy of Sing which is the philosophy of the team right now. Its like Judo, the attacker is stronger and is determined to "force its will upon you", but the judo expert merely uses the attackers force against himself.

This is the NFL, the sheet these guys do is complicated, precise, this isn't fhuking high school football where you can bludgeon your opponent to death.

Sing is in over his head. All the prayers in Bethleham are not gonna bring Jesus down to play QB. My greatest fear is that Sing is pulling a Bush and having conversations with Jesus about football matters, alone.....in his office.... alL night.....after a brutal loss....and seeking answers from above....arrgghhhhh ITS HAPPENING!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But.....but.....maybe if we get a prayer group going here on the zone.......
Remember when Jim Hostler was stinking it up with his laminated play cheat sheets? 3 and out, 3 and out...running draw plays on 3rd and 10 and running deep routes on 3rd and short...the QB getting drilled before they could get set because he was calling 5 and 7 step drops...Tiring out the defense to the point where they looked bad too?

The Kansas City game looked very Hostler-esque. When they brought in Ted Tollner as his "special offensive assistant", it seemed like he basically could veto any play that Hostler called. I guess we'll never know the truth of what happened apart from the results...

The Niners started gaining a lot more yards and moving the ball unlike before. Hostler was a disciple of Jimmy Raye, and for us to hire Hostler's Mentor was a dark omen.

Now that we've canned Hostler's Mentor, things should improve tenfold.

JIMMY RAYE - HOSTLER'S MENTOR
Quote:
If our OL improves, which it will, our qb will improve as well as our offense and oud D

well s**t I'm convinced.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Remember when Jim Hostler was stinking it up with his laminated play cheat sheets? 3 and out, 3 and out...running draw plays on 3rd and 10 and running deep routes on 3rd and short...the QB getting drilled before they could get set because he was calling 5 and 7 step drops...Tiring out the defense to the point where they looked bad too?

The Kansas City game looked very Hostler-esque. When they brought in Ted Tollner as his "special offensive assistant", it seemed like he basically could veto any play that Hostler called. I guess we'll never know the truth of what happened apart from the results...

The Niners started gaining a lot more yards and moving the ball unlike before. Hostler was a disciple of Jimmy Raye, and for us to hire Hostler's Mentor was a dark omen.

and mike johnson served under nolan and raye...

great statement
i'm a homer. i'll suck that blunt!

these guys must be on the same page

http://smftalk.com/1_NFCWEST.html

Super blunt?

The problem is permanent SUCK under the Yorks.

a win tomorrow and everyone will feel optimistic. if we make the necessary improvements quickly, this season is still filled with potential; there is still a lot of football to be played. but i don't think, given the tenor of this team now, that we can afford to go 0-4.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by elguapo:
well here it is in a nutshell. Our OC sucks, our OL sucks and alex smith is inconsistent. Followed by our D playing bad when they have a short field due to a turnover by our offense.

That's about it. If our OL improves, which it will, our qb will improve as well as our offense and oud D will not have to be on the field and defend short fields under 30 yards like 5 times already. We already got rid of our predictable oc so that's a good start.

Also, many of us figured we would be 1-2 by now so what's the problem. We sucked for 2 games, even though we outplayed sea and NO, but most of us stated we would be 8-8 to 10-6 and the only games left on our schedule that are tough are gb sd atl and phi. I'm still sticking by my 9-7 to 10-6 prediction for the year and a division win over sea by 1 game. Not panicing yet and Sea and Ariz can't keep winning by special teams like last week (how is it only the niners division opponents get so lucky with 3 kick returns and 3 missed fg's to help each sea and ariz win....wow, i guess it's better to be lucky than good).

Sea allowing 500 yards and ariz getting their asses kicked by oak, we are still going to win the division.....remember our whole division are going to lose to NO and ATL as well.

not being optimistic, more like realistic i feel i'm right with these assessments and i will do an elguapo dance by years end with all of you at the first home playoff game in the webzone parking lot

so instead of having a mantra of being "Physical with an F!", our new mantra is "we suck less"?
Originally posted by WestCoast:

great statement

Mike Johnson also spent a year studying different spread offenses and helped Michael Vick get a QB rating over 90 and 100 in two interim games as an offensive coordinator under Wade Phillips. He knows what Alex wants to do...he knows what Alex's strengths and weaknesses are as a QB. He knows who his weapons are on the offense. Best of all, he knows who Brian Westbrook is!
That temporary problem better fix itself pretty soon, because if we're 0-5 we're not making the playoffs.

We're not good enough to say he we're better than that team pencil in the win. That's been proven over and over again over the past few years.
I see your point, all bleeding is temporary.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

great statement

Mike Johnson also spent a year studying different spread offenses and helped Michael Vick get a QB rating over 90 and 100 in two interim games as an offensive coordinator under Wade Phillips. He knows what Alex wants to do...he knows what Alex's strengths and weaknesses are as a QB. He knows who his weapons are on the offense. Best of all, he knows who Brian Westbrook is!

That's what I'm talking about!!
Singletary wants to keep this job. He's prayed for this job. He knows his philosophy isn't working. So the change at OC was the only move he could make...which was unfortunate for Raye, since he was just doing what he was asked. But now comes the adjustment for Singlerary, and his willingness to be open-minded to the ever changing football game in the NFL. You Need to WIN, sir. And he understands that WINS will cure everything.

In comes Mike Johnson....and I hear this dude is creative, open-minded and willing to consult his position coaches to capitalize on the talent for the best gameplan possible. We have some really good coaches, in my opinion. (Sullivan, Solari, Rathman, Hoener) all should have some input and influence on how to utilize the players and the game plan.
The players on offense from what I've read, seem to be excited and on board with Johnson and his style.

This is the start of the Mike Johnson/Alex Smith era. They know each other well, and more importantly, Johnson knows what Smith's strengths and weaknesses are. Utilize the WHOLE offense. Make the other team pay for stacking the box. Make them defend sideline to sideline. WE HAVE PLAYMAKERS. Get all of them the ball, so the other defense won't know who to double up on. But that's what Johnson has to do, in my opinion, and Alex Smith and the O have to go out and execute.
Imagine if this was the historic move that changed the playoff drought and took us to our 6th Superbowl. (Always staying positive and optimistic)

-REAL Die Hard Niner Faithful
Share 49ersWebzone