There are 244 users in the forums

The problem is temporary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
well here it is in a nutshell. Our OC sucks, our OL sucks and alex smith is inconsistent. Followed by our D playing bad when they have a short field due to a turnover by our offense.

That's about it. If our OL improves, which it will, our qb will improve as well as our offense and oud D will not have to be on the field and defend short fields under 30 yards like 5 times already. We already got rid of our predictable oc so that's a good start.

Also, many of us figured we would be 1-2 by now so what's the problem. We sucked for 2 games, even though we outplayed sea and NO, but most of us stated we would be 8-8 to 10-6 and the only games left on our schedule that are tough are gb sd atl and phi. I'm still sticking by my 9-7 to 10-6 prediction for the year and a division win over sea by 1 game. Not panicing yet and Sea and Ariz can't keep winning by special teams like last week (how is it only the niners division opponents get so lucky with 3 kick returns and 3 missed fg's to help each sea and ariz win....wow, i guess it's better to be lucky than good).

Sea allowing 500 yards and ariz getting their asses kicked by oak, we are still going to win the division.....remember our whole division are going to lose to NO and ATL as well.

not being optimistic, more like realistic i feel i'm right with these assessments and i will do an elguapo dance by years end with all of you at the first home playoff game in the webzone parking lot
Pass that $h!t...lol
Originally posted by elguapo:
well here it is in a nutshell. Our OC sucks, our OL sucks and alex smith is inconsistent. Followed by our D playing bad when they have a short field due to a turnover by our offense.

That's about it. If our OL improves, which it will, our qb will improve as well as our offense and oud D will not have to be on the field and defend short fields under 30 yards like 5 times already. We already got rid of our predictable oc so that's a good start.

Also, many of us figured we would be 1-2 by now so what's the problem. We sucked for 2 games, even though we outplayed sea and NO, but most of us stated we would be 8-8 to 10-6 and the only games left on our schedule that are tough are gb sd atl and phi. I'm still sticking by my 9-7 to 10-6 prediction for the year and a division win over sea by 1 game. Not panicing yet and Sea and Ariz can't keep winning by special teams like last week (how is it only the niners division opponents get so lucky with 3 kick returns and 3 missed fg's to help each sea and ariz win....wow, i guess it's better to be lucky than good).

Sea allowing 500 yards and ariz getting their asses kicked by oak, we are still going to win the division.....remember our whole division are going to lose to NO and ATL as well.

not being optimistic, more like realistic i feel i'm right with these assessments and i will do an elguapo dance by years end with all of you at the first home playoff game in the webzone parking lot

I agree with your assessment, but a lot will depend on how well Johnson can take over as OC and the degree to which Singletary can maintain a hold on the locker room. Just 0-3 might have been explainable at this point, but as bad as we've looked, people need to see some glimmer of hope on the field before they'll buy into your assessment.

I think you could be right, but the media portrayal of the sky falling within our organization makes it a tough sale to believe this thing can truly be turned around this year. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time the media has overhyped something, and if you look at the actual moves that have been made, we're probably a better team for it. You do have to wonder the effect all this has had on team morale and their trust in Singletary though. If it IS turned around this year, it'll be one hell of a story.
We be jammin...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
The problem is temporarily permanent.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
when did we outplayed seattle....?
Great post. I think you are right. The question is- what will fans want to do when the schedule gets much easier and we start winning a lot of games? Will they still want to nuke the whole organization and start over?

I for one think we should unless there's some tangible change (like Mike Johnson is a savior or something). Otherwise we've seen this team is inexperienced from a coaching perspective and mentally weak. It's just hard to remember that when we're winning games.
Originally posted by elguapo:

I agree with everything EXCEPT the defense argument. Our D is not playing at a high level at the moment and it has nothing to do with the offense. Our D was dominated in KC, beat up in Seattle and fell apart at the end of the Saints game. If the O wasn't such a mess our faultering D would be the talk of the forum.
I agree, the problem will go away once Sing and Alex are gone
  • Jiks
Originally posted by znk916:

Or Frank Gore since he's doing his part as well! Since he's led us to the playoffs so many times, he should get all the blame IMO.

Don't know, el guapo. This latest move just continues the "rat's off a sinking ship" feeling around this whole organization. All the good stuff you talk about could happen and the remaining players have the talent to make a run, but it could also go the other way fast. The Falcons lit them up last year (.....I was there) and it could happen again. If things continue to go wrong this week, then what?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by znk916:

Or Frank Gore since he's doing his part as well! Since he's led us to the playoffs so many times, he should get all the blame IMO.

defintily agreed, Willis is just as much loser because he's captain of crappy defense

biggest loser is Spikes, 14 seasons and no playoff appearances
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:

Lol
Originally posted by DrofThuganomics:

Super blunt?
Share 49ersWebzone